• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my IC'S

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't know what advice to give you since you are better than me, especially since the guy you were playing was good.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Im not an IC player, but I can safely say you used that dash attack too much.

Now, its not like you used it excessively, but i personally think it was too much (and fofo apparently thought that too since he could predict it).

Another thing about the dash attack is that, to me atleast, it looked blaringly obvious when you were going to do it. I'm not saying the whole "Oh i think you suck i can beat you" kinda thing, im honestly saying it looked like if you took 3 or more steps WITHOUT jumping (in which you'd normally do a ice block or n.air, good choices i think), you would normally follow through with a straight dash attack.

__

A few times you faked it, which is a good thing, but I personally dont think the dash attack is worth putting out there THAT much (again, i'm NOT an IC player, so dont take what im saying to heart).

__

On a positive note, the desynchs you had were pretty applicable. It'd be nice to work in a roll-blizzard desynch, but i dont think i saw a time whe you really needed it.

___

THe one thing i can say with certainty though, is you cant convince me you know how to deal with a samus. And im not talkin IC vs Samus, im talkin in general. For the love of god, DODGE THE SECOND MISSLE IF THE SHOOTS IT ON THE GROUND. lol.

You stood there and blocked 2x missles three times (i think, maybe just twice). It's not like blocking is a horribly horribly wrong answer, but it's really unsafe (especially when you're shield gets small, like so).

The ICs have a pretty standard sidestep, and as long as the attacks are blatent 1shots like missles, i personally wouldnt think twice about using it. However, I do understand being hesitant at the cost of getting Nana hit in the face.

All in all, i say you need to work on your offense. More specifically, your different options and tools for offense. Work on some more approaches (i say more instead of better cause again, I can claim to know everything behind the dash attack, but there's more to life than that).

P.P. (Post post - just thoughta somethin else before i hit reply)

When you grab, you did minimum damage. Im not saying you should have started wobbling or anything, i know some people are real touchy about the subject. but most of the time you just completely waited till Nana got to you to do ANYTHING.

As far as I know, the only time you would want to wait is if you WERE planning to wobble (which, from what i saw, you didnt make an attempt at).

I think that maybe you shoulda did SOMETHING to tack on some damage before you threw/smashed samus away.

**But on a positive note with the grabs, i did like your attempt at the blizzard chain-grab-combo thingy. (Cant remember exactly what you were going for, but if you're asing for help, you gotta know what's good and what's not)

You hit 0% of the combos you dont try for, so i'll give you credit for atleast trying it there.

floe

Smash Rookie
You should play mindgames with your opponents...mess with their minds and whatnot. What I'm saying is, look more offensive with dash-dancing, wavedashing, and faking out with attacks. Overall, be a faster fighter. Great job with the de-synching, and keep practicing!

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
be very careful about trying to save nana. make sure even if you don't get her, you can still make it back to the stage. when you can, use over-b instead of up-b.

1st thing i noticed. as soon as you landed, you dodged into a desynch. you know that you are desynched from the start? as you are falling to the ground, hold B or down B and you will desynch. its useful.

yeah like the guy said, you dash attack too much. dash attack is a really good comboing move against fastfallers, but its not that useful against samus. the most you'll ever get from a dash attack is a uair, and its hard to get a dash attack in.

whats with running around? ur an IC player! never run lol. wavedashhhh - its ALMOST always better. and work on your wavedashing - it seemed short and slow. its far more useful than you think. and do more wavesmashing instead of dash attacking! especially against samus! solo IC definitely doesnt have a good approach, as u realized in that match, so wavedashing around until you find a wavesmash opportunity is good. oh, and use wavelanding too! use platforms as ur friend too - platforms screw up IC's grab game but they're not bad otherwise. when you master wavelanding and wavedashing your ICs will seem much FASTER and SCARIER! you definitely didnt seem too comfortable with wavedashing.

what was with nanapulting nana to death... lol. okay desynching though. you'll have to be more creative than dodge, desynched ice blocks.

also, when you're falling, don't use dair too much/predictably. most uairs go through the IC's dair. im sure the samus could've got you, although im not sure she did.

when you're recovering, try to mindgame the over-b a little bit more. u gave the samus too many free fsmashes. and ur airdodge seemed like a pretty unneeded mistake. try to cut down on those and play smarter.

oh - and ur nana got gimped a lot... try not to lose her.

also, abuse ICs grab game a little more. i know it was a samus player, but yeah.

good job though! keep it up. hope that helped. that samus player definitely wasnt bad.

also, I AM chudats #1 fan! you liar. jk.

gwyne

Smash Apprentice
wow...tysm guys =O nice review really, ty for ur help, but samus can get chaingrabed?
I need to work on my waveland timin to...
Wats a good way avoidin missiles, thats why i lose nana to much :p

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
not totally sure, since i really don't use much chaingrabbing. dthrow dair is your best bet, it should probably work unless the samus really knows what its doing or something. and there's always wobbling, which i also don't do.

avoiding missiles is sorta tough when samus is good at missile canceling and platform canceling and all that, which ur opponent was definitely decent at. learning to powershield i hear isnt too difficult, and probably very useful. the knowledge that their opponent can powershield will keep a samus on their toes, even if u never powershiled the whole game.

but, just shield, jump, double jump, jump out of shield, camp platforms, do whatever.
eventually you'll get really good at avoiding missiles.
maybe watch a chu vs. wes vid or something

EDIT:
yeah... listen to delphiki. not so much me. and don't listen to shai hulud. we gotta rep IC players properly.
i forgot you can ice block the missiles too. you just have to be pretty careful about it. and make sure you aren't thrown off by homing ones, and missiles coming from different heights.
dairing missiles?? gotta try that...
yeah, blizzard -> dthrow usmash -> desynched taunt is a good samus killer.
also for samus edgeguarding, i find blizzard useful if you ever see them grappling. gets me a dsmash a lot, but it might totally just be me. ice-blocking bombs is pretty hard but totally worth it and very satisfying if you get it.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Sidestepping does not do much good against Missiles. Rolling is better, but only at long ranges when your opponent is not double or triple Missiling. Either jump over and Ice Block (in the case of one missile), short hop and Ice Block on flat stages against a single missile (the Ice will destroy the missile and Nana's will keep going, effectively spamming against a spamming Spamus), or Dair into the missile. The Dair will outprioritize the missile. This is really useful if the Spamus is using the Repeater missile (dropping through platforms and repeatedly firing missiles). If you manage to close enough distance, you can sometimes Dair through the missile, hit Samus, then grab.

Be sure to kill Samus by sending her up, with an Up-Smash or Uair. And remember you can Up-Smash out of a grab. Wavesmashing is very useful, and if the Samus is offstage recovering with bomb jumps, hit the bombs and Samus with synced Ice Blocks. They destroy her bomb jump.

Btw I didn't watch the video but I hope this helps.

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
Dude wtf is this? first off, Wavedash dont run, second, try to SH more with them, it really helps. Even samus WD's more than you! Well needs a ton more work...Tons... But your in the right path...:chuckle: dont kill NANA!

Legendaryhero

Smash Journeyman
try to make ur grabs hurt more... aka use desynched nana blizzard and try to make the grab combo into some sort of ariel or smash i know its tough against samus but its definately something to work on... also u play very agressive, as this may be ur style a better samus might just missile spam camp u to death so be careful and make sure u use the nana light sheild. ur desynchs look pretty good and such just try to aviod double jumping the dair... it will leave you really open to attacks. otherwise keep and up and keep on practicing

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
I definitely think you should wavedash more. I mean, the IC's have probably THE BEST wd in the game. Throw in a few wd to down smashes or do a couple of spot dodge ice block chasers.

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
Although he's being sarcastic, he means desynching off a taunt (which you can do btw)
hmm actually i meant, airdodging, taunting with nana, turning, and taunting with popo.

if done quickly, it looks like they randomly decide to toss victory hammers in different directions at the same time.

i first learned of it by watching wobbles the pheonix play

Top Bottom