• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my ganondorf

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I loved it 8/10.

My favorite moments where the ForwardB on the second stock that was just brilliantly performed, the down angled ftilt edgeguard, and that was one of the coolest finishes I've seen from a Ganon. Nice use of the jab too.

The main complaint however, was your defence. It seems like you play a really aggressive Ganon, which is cool, but you still need to watch yourself from time to time. I noticed that after ledgehopping an Uair you immediately used upB and died as a result, it may have been smarter to drop alittle then sweetspot instead. You also fell victim to a pretty viscous juggle. But still great stuff.

El_turqueador

Smash Rookie
thanks for the advice man, I appreciate so much. About the down angled tilt kick, I think I'm the only Ganon that use it, So I'm proud of that XD

We're players from Nicaragua, yes we play smash too and we have Gamecube jeje

mood4food77

Smash Hero
you can wavedash, why didn't you use it, you would rush in and stop, why not wavedash back

nice ending combo, see, i told you dthrow to dsmash was deadly, but you got lucky, that usually won't work like that, i like to go for 3 reverse uairs into the uair spike

ok, it wasn't that impressive until the last combo, i'll be like simon and say, you pretty much sucked until the last part, you missed l'cancels left and right, you only dash danced, the first hit you got was a dash attack when it should be a fair, you didn't use dtilt at all which is by far his best tilt, your DI was horrible, at most you should get hit by 4 fairs and be able to hit him with his standing a after that, he played no mind games nad you almost lost (if it wasn't for your ending combo, you probably would've), so work on mindgames (yes i said it...deal with it), fake him out more, work on your l'cancelling and wavedashing, and try more juggles, you got only 2 hits most excluding your last juggle, oh and i didn't see one standing a from you, which is a much needed move, grab more often (make sure it's JC'd), shffl lots more, basically work on everything you need to become better, as i said, the only good thing was the ending juggle, you got lucky with the down angled ftilt, and yes you deserved to die from missing the ledge hopped uair which is not his best choice but it could've been used there, you weren't aggressive at all, and you'd get hit and DI towards him for a dair, his uair has too large of a hit box to get through, go around him and throw a bair, you'll hit him with that, trust me after a few of those, he'll never do it again

yea, we need a hipocrit sometimes, but i'd rate your ganon a 4/10, you show you have potential but you don't use it, if you did, your friend would've been 4 stocked...with ease

Elrodillazo

Smash Apprentice
we are probably going to record more matches this week with my c.f though he is my main cf vs ganondorf maybe this week

GreenCarrot

Smash Cadet
mood you're an idiot if you didnt see any standing a attacks, he used a few, and he did grab when he could, i hope you realize marth has more range than ganon does in a grab so its not very often that you get a chance to do it

Shurikono

Smash Cadet
I agree with the above poster, sure the Ganondorf wasn't uber, but facing Marth with Ganondorf is in advantage of Marth, If you play a GOOD Marth, now I must say I already forgot the Marth from this match so..

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I'm a bit with mood4food77 here...

DI was quite bad since you been juggled nearly back and forth... Miss your L-cancel a bit here and there... No matter the match up, mind game is totally essential... Keep your opponent on the ropes... Also, something you don't really have to do:

"Fight inevitability and make your opponent work you down..."

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
Gotta agree with mood... the thing that turned me off the most was the repetitive dash attacks and ur constant trying to dair while in a juggle that lasted a long time...

(and wow... other than switching doc for chrono... my sig is layed out just like yours...)

mood4food77

Smash Hero
ganon vs. marth is even, probably slightly in ganon's favor, marth only has fair, nothing else really

he only did standing a a couple of times, that move is a must for ganon, after every missed move, ganon must use it, stops sheild grabs, and also, yea grabbing a marth is a pain in the butt, but it's not that hard (it's not grabbing fox, falco, falcon, and sheik) so it's not that hard

by the way, his ending combo most likely wouldn't work in a real match, the dsmash to usmash usually would never hit (yes i've tried it, bro jumped out of it), yea it was flashy but it's not the safest thing to do, uairs work better

Magus420

Smash Master
ganon vs. marth is even, probably slightly in ganon's favor, marth only has fair, nothing else really
Umm, GRABS much? His f-airs are dealt with easily enough with DD SH u/b-airs and CC d-tilting->u-air/f-air. It's even/slightly in Ganon's favor when the Marth actually attacks you which they shouldn't be doing. If they pitch their tent for grabs->techchase->combo/edgeguard it's definitely to Marth's advantage. If after a grab you can't sweetspot the edge with your double jump after you inevitably end up off stage down the road you die.

Speaking about the f-airs, it looked like CCing would've been quite useful in that match. Also, u-airs work very well against Marth if they full jump them like he was doing a few times. Another thing is if the Marth is recovering and uses their jump right away they are pretty much dead. Jump into a rising u-air (not reversed) from diagonally in front and underneath them. If they come in low, regrab the ledge for invincibility and drop a reverse u-air on them, drop then DJ into one, or ledgehop one. If they don't have a jump and come in low a dropped u-air from the ledge will get them pretty much guaranteed. Just don't let them get too close to the stage before doing it.

Top Bottom