• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate/Advise My Fox

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
uh i could probably just tell you in person. u live so close to me, in case you forgot i messaged u a long time ago about a crew battle. u never really got back to me. i think ur fox is alright but if we simply meet up i culd actually play u and help u in game and stuff. i definatly think its possible for us to meet seeing as how ur like 15-20 away.

Aim, SN: BigOsea2

just send me an im and we can set it up maybe

ElfenLiedPeach

Smash Journeyman
Tournament match? Why dont you know who your opponent is? My short critique is on the vid.
Yes, it was a tournament. Small, but still a competitive match nonetheless. I dunno who it was because one of my crewmates invited him there and I have no clue what his tag was (if he was a smashboarder or w/e). He just told us his real name, and I don't know whether or not he'd appreciate me using that on the internet (thus I didn't) <_<

I just don't know him that well. I would've just used his four letter tag anyway, but since he used a hiragana tag, and I don't know how to replicate that on my computer to enter in a youtube video description, I just referred to him as ???? . But yeah, thanks for your comment on the vid page. I think the reason I seemed like I didn't know what I was going to do at times was due to the fact I like moving around with fox more than attacking ^_^ whatever though.

Thanks others for comments too ^_^

THN: You'd have to speak with MuseLives about organizing someting with our crew. Our venue for play is at his house primarily (I don't have smash at home :( ), and I bum all my rides with my mates because I can't drive myself anywhere. I'd be happy to have some matches with you though ^_^ If something doesn't get set up, at the very least I can play you at that Terrabite Tournament at the end of the month!

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
uh ok but last time i pm'ed him too and he never responded as well. i think aim or yahooMessenger works best cuz pm's onna boards kinda sucks >8P. anyway id definatly like ta play u guys like next weekend cuz ive been smash starved fer a while. ill try and pm him again please tell him to look out for it.

Miharu

Smash Hero
You seem to have trouble killing your opponent. On the second stock after your uair, don't do any fancy shenanigans if your opponent isn't dead yet; you could've gotten an easy KO by simply following up with another uair or a bair. Polish up on tech skill, since somtimes you airdodge for no apparent reason, don't cancel your shine, etc.

It's not always the smartest thing to go for a shinespike, sometimes chainthrowing or just simple uthrow to usmash is better, since you can pretty much 0-death Fox/Falco just by chainthrow, which eventually leads to a bair/nair and a simple edgeguard. Dsmash > shine if you position it so that they are unable to tech after getting hit by the dsmash, since the hitbox is quite large.

If you're going to double jump, make sure to fastfall so you don't spend too much time in the air, since that's where you're pretty vulnerable. In general, just try to speed up your Fox, flow from one movement to another, so as to leave as few openings as possible.

ElfenLiedPeach

Smash Journeyman
You seem to have trouble killing your opponent. On the second stock after your uair, don't do any fancy shenanigans if your opponent isn't dead yet; you could've gotten an easy KO by simply following up with another uair or a bair. Polish up on tech skill, since somtimes you airdodge for no apparent reason, don't cancel your shine, etc.

It's not always the smartest thing to go for a shinespike, sometimes chainthrowing or just simple uthrow to usmash is better, since you can pretty much 0-death Fox/Falco just by chainthrow, which eventually leads to a bair/nair and a simple edgeguard. Dsmash > shine if you position it so that they are unable to tech after getting hit by the dsmash, since the hitbox is quite large.

If you're going to double jump, make sure to fastfall so you don't spend too much time in the air, since that's where you're pretty vulnerable. In general, just try to speed up your Fox, flow from one movement to another, so as to leave as few openings as possible.

On that second stock, I was actually just passing time waiting for him to come down. That did screw with my positioning to catch him though -_- My tech skill definitely does need work (quite evident in that SD after a strong start). Thanks for the comment, I'll keep this in mind ^_^

golden_leeroy

Smash Journeyman
Yes, it was a tournament. Small, but still a competitive match nonetheless. I dunno who it was because one of my crewmates invited him there and I have no clue what his tag was (if he was a smashboarder or w/e). He just told us his real name, and I don't know whether or not he'd appreciate me using that on the internet (thus I didn't) <_<

I just don't know him that well. I would've just used his four letter tag anyway, but since he used a hiragana tag, and I don't know how to replicate that on my computer to enter in a youtube video description, I just referred to him as ???? . But yeah, thanks for your comment on the vid page. I think the reason I seemed like I didn't know what I was going to do at times was due to the fact I like moving around with fox more than attacking ^_^ whatever though.
I remember that match, I was standing nearby: I'm pretty sure the Red Fox was that kid Lucas, you could tell because he hardly JC his grabs. He'd probably strangle you for putting up a vid of him losing (he thinks he's a professional wave-shiner, lol).

MuseLives' cousin, Emof, brought him to the tournament and was knocked out fairly quickly by me and 666.

ElfenLiedPeach

Smash Journeyman
He just told us his real name, and I don't know whether or not he'd appreciate me using that on the internet (thus I didn't) <_<

that kid Lucas
>___________< good job you fail at reading and/or don't respect the kid's right to privacy? I hope he takes your money next time you money match ;) Post something useful if you're going to post in your own crewmate's thread ^_^

Anyone else have comments on the video?

golden_leeroy

Smash Journeyman
>___________< good job you fail at reading and/or don't respect the kid's right to privacy? I hope he takes your money next time you money match ;) Post something useful if you're going to post in your own crewmate's thread ^_^

Anyone else have comments on the video?
I'd say a little bit of both.

I'm illiterate, sorry.:laugh:

As for something useful, hmm: I agree with Hydro Kirby about polishing tech skill and how chain-throwing would be better than shine in some situations.

Top Bottom