• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Random Roy Issues

Shin F.

Smash Master
Project M has worked fine for me since I first got it, but since last night I've been having some strange issues with Roy. I haven't made any changes to the files or codes, and I'm using the Full Set Homebrew version. When Roy gets a Smash Ball, it treats it as though he doesn't have one and just uses his neutral special when trying to use it. The results screen doesn't show up for him, and I sometimes get random freezes when picking a stage. This only happens when Roy is involved. Every other character including Mewtwo works fine. I also tried reformatting my card and copying the files over to it again, which didn't fix the issue. I'm at a bit of a loss as to what caused this. I did go through Boss Battles and All-Star Mode with him, so I'm wondering if that may have affected my save file. I tried restoring my old backup, though, and that didn't help. I'm considering erasing my save completely and trying again, but I wanted to see if anyone else has an idea of what could be going on before I resort to that.

Again, I haven't made any changes to the standard modset, not even custom music or costumes, and I've recopied a brand new one as well, so that's unlikely to be an issue.

Edit: I've tried deleting my save file, and creating a new one, and it didn't fix anything. I now have zero clue why the results screen freezes and doesn't show up for Roy, considering that it worked perfectly before. The install on the card is 100% clean, with nothing else even on it. I'm going to play around with trying a different SD Card, because I'm starting to think mine may be corrupted or something.

Edit 2: Using another SD Card seems to have fixed the problem. That's very strange, because I reformatted the other one completely and it still didn't work. Oh, well. Problem solved, I suppose, though I really wish I knew exactly what was going on.

Top Bottom