• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Random Effect Gordo's?

HaggisMCF

Smash Rookie
I'm a casual D3 player, I dumped Luigi over that autograbbing up special, but I've been using his Fspecial alot and I've noticed...randomness.

It's hard to describe, but I've seen a gordo do two hits on the same character, like instantly. Sometimes I see some hit my godro back and get hit by them..

Anybody else noticed these "random" effects? Could be wrong, it's just a thing i've noticed.

-Jax

Smash Apprentice
It can probably be explained away by exceptional overlaps of hit/hurtboxes between the gordo and opponent/dedede.

While I have noticed a Gordo hitting an enemy when I was expecting it coming back to me after an attack, I don't think its some hidden Gordo property, as even Sakurai doesn't like that kind of (invisible) randomness. It's probably a matter of differing angles/timings.

FierceFox

Smash Apprentice
Completely agree with the previous reply.

Gordos are not random as in their effects. They are always yours until hit (reflected) back at you. Then it becomes harmful to only you.

Gordos are however VERY unpredictable due to the bouncing of them. It's not your everyday projectile like a laser. It bounces and this is why you see outcomes that appear random, but in reality it's very uncommon to repeat the same exact hit with a Gordon due to its angle, opponents position (using move near end of hit box vs beginning etc).

Lol, all and all, they're a bit unpredictable. Especially to newer players with him. Just be prepared to shield or hit back in most cases.

FierceFox

Smash Apprentice
Since we don't know how to lodge Gordos consistently, they may have a random effect to them. But this is highly, highly doubtful and can be disproven if someone figures out how to lodge.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Gordos tend to bounce upward after they hit an opponent. If the direction they fly is toward the Gordo again, they get hit a second time, since the hitbox doesn't just go away. This is somewhat common if they shift their body in a horizontal manner before getting hit (think Falco F-Air) or if the Gordo happened to hit them directly from above instead of from the side.

I thiiiink there might be a similar property if a Gordo hits the ground at the same time it hits the opponent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom