• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Radical Dreamer's San Diego (Carmel Valley) Smashfest August 16th 5 PM

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
WHEN: THURSDAY THANK YOU WAYLAND, August 16th, 5 PM
WHERE: My parents' house
13827 Kerry Lane
San Diego, CA 92130
PHONE: (510)277-2178
DIRECTIONS: Idk use mapquest.
BRING: TVs, Cubes, TVs, Wiis, TVs, smash, TVs, controllers, TVs, friends (if you have any), TVs, hot women. Did I mention TVs? This is pretty critical because I can only provide one TV myself.
RULES: If you've been playing Smash for more than a few months you probably know them better than I do.

Originally I didn't really feel like hosting again just because I'm lazy, but I noticed some requests in the SD thread to Smash some time before august 18th, 20th, or whatever.

Singles Tournament
Double Elimination
5 dollar buy-in
yadayadayada

Doubles Tournament
Maybe

Confirmed (seemingly):
Me (obviously)
Friend of mine from work who's probably scrubby please tolerate him thanxx guys
Amon Amarth (and I bet he'll bring a person or two)
LHG
PNOY
J Flo
Noobmaster

Maybe:

St. Patrick
jwnz
The Game
ohpistachios
undieing light + friend
kyubi kirby
DieSuperFly

WayChuDat

Smash Apprentice
uh... i don't know if you made a mistake or something but the 16th is thursday.

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
This will probably just be a small smashfest, depending on how many people come. If enough people come and they want to do brackets, we can. If a 5 dollar buy-in is agreed upon or something that's cool too. Game this probably won't be a big tournament or anything, but you could always come and play, you know.

I found out that I'm actually working on Thursday, but I'll be back by 4:15 so everything's still going on. Only thing is that you can't really call me before 4:15. It's my cell though, so you can text me however, and I'll do my best to text back or call when I can. Otherwise just come at 5 or later. Unless a bolt of lightning strikes me down I'll still be available to play whether two people show up or 20.

Just want to emphasize again that I need people to bring TVs.

undyinglight

Smash Journeyman
Is this going to be an actual tournament or not? If it is my friend and I will definateley show up no matter what size it is.

LHG

Smash Journeyman
San Marcos is coming to this. We'll bring a TV and Gamecube most likely.

If you need a headcount that's three: J Flo, PNOY, and myself. Hopefully this becomes a tournament, I've been waiting for SOMETHING to happen at least.

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
Great. Last time I only had 8 or 9 people which is fine for just playing friendlies. We'll have to see how many people come on the day of.

kyubikirby

Smash Apprentice
I would love to go to this, the last one was fun and I learned some tricks from squish (yay, rising grapple ftw). If I am to go to this, I would need a ride from Ocean Beach. I can provide gas money. Call me up at 619-222-1201(ask for chris and say your from smashboards, unless its amon, he's known here.), also, amon, I want you to call me up too, its been too long.

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
I guess I'll make this a tournament. I just don't want to disappoint people if like not many people show up, but I guess it comes with the territory. It starts in 24 hours so please give me a confirmation if you haven't already and plan to come!

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman
Where in San Diego is this? I've got plans until about 6:15, so I might just show up late if it isn't too far.

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
It's alright. I've been getting my *** kicked by some of these guys over the past two months or so. My coworker is also coming and I think he'll probably be in over his head too. Honestly, no way to get into the competition other than to just dive in.

Anyway it's in Carmel Valley. My knowledge of the area isn't so great, but I think it's just east of Del Mar.

EDIT: Oh, and is there any possibility some people could brings tables? I'm a bit short on that too.

Hides-His-Foot

Smash Rookie
theres a table in the back of my car already. crazy coincidence. i'm not sure if i'm coming for sure i'll let you know if i cant. o and if i come i can bring a cube

Rickety

Peace and Love
I will advertise this on the Triweekly thread.
It was fun last time :]

DK dittos are too good, eh pat? <3

Kyle CHANGE YOUR AVATAR
and add me on myspace. please? <3

Wayland's coming? Yay! <3

Alex! You owe me Fox practice!

Glenn! Will I finally get my interview? ;)

<3
rick

WayChuDat

Smash Apprentice
****, fricken temecula is so far. wish i hadn't need to go there. i would have made it to the smashness. oh well. see ya'll in december.

Radical Dreamer

Smash Ace
Thank you Rickety, LHG, PNOY and J Flo for providing TVs. I'm really sorry about the TV shortage and was disappointed with it myself.

Thank you Glenn for doing all the tournament stuff.

And thanks everyone for coming!

Amon Amarth

Smash Journeyman
HUZZAH! It was fun. Thanks Radical for hosting bro, it was a blast. Those friendlies at the end where funny....bowser edgaurding LOL.

GGs to all who i played.

LHG

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, forgot to tell you in person thanks for having us Radical. Stepping up like that isn't easy, I know i'd have trouble hosting something lol.

Shoutouts? Maybe later.

Fun stuff, and don't worry about the TV shortage, it was still fun nonetheless Radical.

LOL the "No johns TV", Game? MAN I HATED THAT THING.

Top Bottom