• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick ways to test Ike's rage moves

Training Mode: :substitute:
I like to go into training, and use four motion bombs (one at a time) until I'm at 100. I just use them center-stage and DI towards the stage, Ike's weight lets him survive this easily.

If, for some reason, I'm at 99, which has happened to me once or twice, eruption fixes that.

Versus Mode: :4miibrawl:
Training mode's flaw is that moves don't stale. This mode's main flaw is that I don't see stuff that constitutes true combos, which is why I use both. I also can't set a dummy to walk, run, or jump, but I don't use those very often. My versus solution is just setting either 99 stocks or infinite time against a Lv1 CPU. Then I give myself a 100% damage handicap and work from there.

Purpose: :4myfriends:
Why do I do this? I start throwing around moves to see more of how rage trajectory works on each and every move, and combos that work or no longer work when Ike is in rage while the opponent is at low % (having a stock lead or trying to make a comeback) and then kill moves in rage, how stale moves work with rage, and lots of little other things since I have a lot of time on my 3DS outside of wifi range, or it's just stuff I do when I have 5 minutes which isn't enough to hop into a match.

I feel like rage as a mechanic is really unexplored. If I'm going into brackets, I want to know if a combo that would normally work on calm, peaceful Ike no longer works on angry, murdering Ike, so that I don't get punished for going for it, which could possibly be the loss of my stock since I'm at least 100% hurt which is kill range for a lot of stuff, even with Ike's weight and good (or bad) DI. Even just taking a bit of damage or leaving myself in a bad position by missing something I thought would combo or string well is something I definitely want to avoid. That's why I feel the need to practice with the rage mechanic every now and then.

Last edited:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Rage scales most with base knockback. For combos, this affects throws, dtilt, and jab the most. At high rage, just do uthrow to Nair. High rage also helps with jab to dtilt working on fast fallers. Nair combos aren't affected much unless the opponent is floaty. If the opponent is popped up above you, Nair reaches that location the quickest, fair for diagonal and high up, and bair for diagonal and low.

For kills, utilt, uair, dthrow, and usmash are most improved, and maybe Nair as well. Already powerful moves like bair still receive a moderate boost.

Last edited:

⑨ball

Smash Ace
I don't think rage works in training anyway, so it's best to just set the handicap in versus.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Rage doesn't work in training mode, 100% confident of that fact.

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
Yep, it does not work in training mode, it´s annoying to test everything in detail because of that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom