• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Quick Hopping- is this something noteworthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
So, I was showing my girlfriend how to play with Pikachu and was demonstrating shielding while running. I was also showing rolling and pivots. While doing this I noticed that if I timed it right I could get Pikachu to hop back and forth without rolling, without entering a shield, and without seemingly any lag. Is this something we already knew about or did I actually discover something? I can try to get video if needed.

It's not the same as pivoting because I'm using the shield button, but there's no invinsibility if I time it right. He just kinda hops back and forth. At least, I think that's how it works.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Okay, I have a video coming up but further testing showed that the shield isn't even needed. You can just instantly hope back and forth with pikachu and it covers a decent amount of space.

Something tells me by this point it actually isn't that big a deal but we'll see.

Edit:

I can also do it with mario and somewhat with link. It seems easier on characters who kinda jump a bit when they start running.

Last edited:

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Okay, I have a video coming up but further testing showed that the shield isn't even needed. You can just instantly hope back and forth with pikachu and it covers a decent amount of space.

Something tells me by this point it actually isn't that big a deal but we'll see.

Edit:

I can also do it with mario and somewhat with link. It seems easier on characters who kinda jump a bit when they start running.
Fox trot

/thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom