• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [QLD] Tournament & General Thread: Next Event - UQ Smash 15 - 19/12/15

Sloth

Smash Ace
Yeah, crews only work if we have the numbers. I feel at play warehouse with space and TV's we could of easily of had a few 'friendly' only setups. - we just lacked extension cables.
I feel that having a friendly station or two would at least make people hang around more after they have lost rather than constantly giving up their friendly matches for tournament. This may mean we don't lose any numbers going into crews in the afternoon or teams if we decide to do it.

Only other way for crews to work would be to not switch them around so often. Like every tournament you form a new crew. You need to stick to that and train! BECOME POWERFUL AND CONQUER ALL. Or something like that.
Swiss system is good, but requires some good TO work. I do love it but I see it working only when you have 1 game going - not Brawl and Melee (unless you don't have people cross-playing). Would like to see someone try it out soon though and I feel it would maximize players abilities as it makes you play people around a similar level after a few rounds

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Would have had an extra t.v as well but I didn't bring it cause had to leave early.

How big crews do we want? Dont come in sydney had 4 man crews and that was amazing.

maybe just have a couple set ups for brawl friendlies rather than a tourney. Having to pay venue and singles entry for a less than 10 man bracket seems a bit silleh

Last edited:

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
The Puppie Vs J-Birds crew battles we had Saturday night after the tourney was pretty awesome and that was 4 vs 4

Maybe to incorporate more people, have a amateur 4 vs 4 crew battle and a 4vs 4 pro crew battle, more hype, more entrants without major skill differences

Maybe the grand finalist coach the amateur teams, then after the amateur crews are done, the big guys begin

Last edited:

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
We'll it's just an idea, it would require a 20+ turnout with people staying, but 6-8 person teams depending on whose left makes sense, gotta get the crews back, I want to beat Vyse again

Sloth

Smash Ace
We should be able to spread the players evenly enough to not require that, plus we probs don't have enough numbers for 2 separate brackets.
That being said there are two types of crew battles
  1. Show Cases - Such as GC vs Bris / QLD vs VIC etc... you could easily have amateur top 5 vs another team of amateur top 5. Show cases generally don't have a bracket but that makes them hype too. No second chances.
  2. Tournament crews - so you go through a bracket in a 4v4 style situation.
I'd love to see a bit off both now and then. Just have to pick what is right for the tournament and numbers.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Yeah lets not drop doubles.

The doubles at play warehouse were some of the best i have watched in a long time.
Normally I would get lunch after getting out but every match was so close and exciting I just couldn't leave.
Sloth and Radiance was great to watch.
And Puppy and the Rude Jigz.

I hope commentary can have a table/panel of commentators like we had at lansmash a few years ago.

And Saturday with just melee sounds like a good show at this stage.

Gords

Smash Champion
what internet were you guys using for the stream, and do you know roughly how much data you uploaded over the course of the day?

@ smopup smopup omg the gravy train

Last edited:

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Does anyone have the doubles results from Saturday?
I didnt' see them in the results post.

Zac:
Is it time for un update to the power rankings?
The one on the first page is about a year old I think.

Also when is COK 2: Bigger, Longer and Uncut gonna be? :p :grin:

Last edited:

smopup

Smash Journeyman
I think the doubles bracket was only added to the Facebook group. Here it is:

Pretty funny how grand finals essentially took place in round 2.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
not funny m8 dats just poor seeding by TO's

CoK is retired and not coming back, a sequel just wouldn't be able to live up to the original.

Melee PR:
S
1. Syke

A
2. Smoking Puppy

B
3. Sloth
4. Haikal
5. J Birds
6. AussieRob

C
7. Radiance
8. Phrase
9. Tranq
10. D.J Cat

Also considering either removing dk64 from the doubles cp list OR adding poke floats, rainbow ride, brinstar, corneria and green greens because qld.

Last edited:

Sloth

Smash Ace
As long as those maps don't somehow make themselves onto singles I am fine for the extra crazy in doubles. Could be fun!

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Oh damn, I'm in my own tier. The ego boost continues.

The 3rd, 4th and 5th spots are all super close right now, imo. I'm not sure if I agree with Haikal in 5th though.

And boo-urns at Corneria and Green Greens for doubles. I'm slightly more okay with Poke Floats and Rainbow Ride though.

Sloth

Smash Ace
I haven't even versed either Haikal or spups yet. My only tournament losses so far is twice to Zak and once to jbirds...

Edit: Even in friendlies. Although I never really care in friendlies - but we need to make sure we do if i go to lansmash~!

Last edited:

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
The 3rd, 4th and 5th spots are all super close right now, imo. I'm not sure if I agree with Haikal in 5th though.
forgot to switch them lel

And boo-urns at Corneria and Green Greens for doubles. I'm slightly more okay with Poke Floats and Rainbow Ride though.
I thought the fox would be all over a chance for corneria?

Remastered

Smash Lord
Am I updating the PR for melee in the OP, or are we going to discuss it?

From what I've seen, Kansho should be third, and in the same tier as S/pup. Remembering Kansho beat S/pup at the previous Play Warehouse.

You probably need another tourney to rank Sloth properly, so it might be worthwhile waiting until after Lansmash.

Last edited:

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Am I updating the PR for melee in the OP, or are we going to discuss it?

From what I've seen, Kansho should be third, and in the same tier as S/pup. Remembering Kansho beat S/pup at the previous Play Warehouse.

You probably need another tourney to rank Sloth properly, so it might be worthwhile waiting until after Lansmash.
shh

you

shhh

It was already discussed by the people who need to discuss it.

Next tourney I can see Bryce topping Gerard. He's almost back to his more consistent self and he's already progressed passed Gerard in the fox v marth matchup in the space of a couple weeks. Poor Gerard still where he was 2 years ago..

Last edited:

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Next tourney I can see Bryce topping Gerard. He's almost back to his more consistent self and he's already progressed passed Gerard in the fox v marth matchup in the space of a couple weeks. Poor Gerard still where he was 2 years ago..
It's starting to sound like my own tier isn't warranted. My life is a lie.

Zac play more Marth in friendlies so I can catch up pls.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Bryce's patented camp the top platform trick still works then?
It never stopped working!
I spent so long on the ground as a Ice Climber player I just can't help myself jumping around on platforms

yo **** top platform
bryce hangs onto that like a sloth on a tree
im a genius kthx
Best ever.

I feel so much pressure that I have to perform at lansmash now. Sheesh! Oh well, I'll see how my hungover self goes.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
I might feel a little deflated whenever I get gimped at 30%, but I don't get sad, lol. I want to get better against your Marth.

So I can bop it.

Because it's scrubby.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Saturday Night Meet from 8:30pm till late 30.

New people, where you at!?
Let us know if your coming.
Last time no one came at all.
I Imagine the timing isn't perfect for everyone but its better than nothing.

We will probably have a BBQ as well.
Bring food if you want something, and we can send a few sausages your way, otherwise we are just cooking enough for ourselves.
PM me or Dino if you don't have our adress.

Insert Big **** reference here.

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
It's not a pro Qld player without a ridiculous yet hilarious team name, plus you would need a good win ratio against the other 3 in the tier, but that's just my opinion.
in other news, got a mid semester exam at 8:30am the day of lansmash, I'll begin preparing johns in advance

Tranquility

<3 Yoshi
I like how Bob constantly kicks my ass yet I'm somehow 1 ahead of him on the PR.

Also I'll 100% be at the meet on Saturday

Last edited:
Top Bottom