• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pro's and con's please

motgnoix

Smash Rookie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCRH2CA1FSI

just a match between me and my lil bro. this is one of our... worse matches... but the only one i have uploaded so far... im trying to get some matches of me vs my friends. anyways, im playing y.link and my lil bro is playing doc. iono why he's doing so bad.. but yea..
tell me what you guys think.

ok here's another two vids of me vs my friend who plays samus... he's the best out of our group of friends... (o yea.. this is lightning mode because my friend likes to play in lightning mode.. so... everything is ... lightning)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ0ONsU4PG8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgEzYXeaHOk

yea.. i stil havent worked in l-canceling yet... trying hard to break the habit

TLOZ

Smash Journeyman
Work on your tech game. You really need to learn to cancel your moves. just work on that right now.

I saw some nice combos, but some really bad choices for moves. Like TLOZ said Cancel your moves. You can get twice as many hits and move much faster.

dude225

Smash Apprentice
i dont play YL but im sure he can edgeguard a little better than the swipe

really surprising tho... when i saw neither of you l canceled i thought it was going to be a horrible math, but you (the YL) were good.... bad match tho, u wiped the floor with doc's face and cape

motgnoix

Smash Rookie
yea... i seem to play alot harder against my friends than my lil bro... too bad my friends are hella gay about recording their matches... i mean.. how am i gonna make my own combo vid with out more footage... :(

thx for all the tips

Fletch

Smash Master
The main thing you really need to work on is simply speed. This comes with L-canceling, WDing, and mostly experience. The best advice anyone can give you is to make sure your SHFFLing is 100% consistent, especially the l-canceling, and to learn to really start utilizing WDing, as it's vital to both YLink's and Doc's game. More than anything though, just play more people and play often, the speed/mindgames/tech skill will all come together over time.

EDIT: P.S. Tell the Doc to lay off the Dash Attacks...

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
good....just keep playing over..and over...and over... discover new things on your own and by other people...
playing wise, shffl out of your shield more, come up with new combos, hookshot to the edge more. do more rising combos.

gj though

Top Bottom