• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Proper DI against Jiggly off the stage

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
I play sheik, jw what is the best direction to DI when jiggs is WoP you off the stage. DI-ing away from the stage is dangerous because then I might be too far to get back. I've been thinking to DI down? but i haven't gotten a chance to test it yet.

Geofreak

Smash Cadet
Well it's an okay I dea despite the fact that you have the chance of accidently FFing and not responding quicking enough. And also the Pro for this is it would be an easy counter to FF then use ssecond jump, if you haven't used it yet. then Bair or Fair.

Still dangerous I would definently praice your wop timings so you knew when to FF or DI down

Metà

Smash Master
Against a good Puff, DI is useless, they'll hit you again, either way. If you have a quick move that's relatively lag-free, try to air recover and use it. My fried uses Doc, and he always capes me (but sometimes I see it coming and attack in the opposite direction, lol).

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Hmm, well it is dangerous I suppose (depending on how high up I am) but i'm gonna have to do it, as the only alternative is no DI/DI-ing up/DI-ing toward the stage which makes it very easy for jiggs to continue ****** me off the stage. Maybe diagonal down/toward the stage? Are there any pro puffs that can comment on which direction makes it the most difficult to continue combo-ing?

Oh and Meta, thanks for the idea of getting an attack in. I'll give that a try.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
DIing away works. But you have to do it right away or you might have the problem of not getting back.

MartyTheBarb

Smash Rookie
me so unhappy... after watching a king combo vid i get the crazy idea to start a jiggly, cuz my marth was just hours of playing against comps and he really sucked against players. so i just started and i have to say, i have a mental block about chasing ppl off the stage, I JUST CANT BRING MYSELF TO DO IT!!!so iv been practising jumping straight off stages and recovering,i hope i get better .i noticed that im especially bad against my sheik friend.
any tips as to killing a sheik with a jiggly?

Aero

Smash Journeyman
hahahahaha

I have the opposite problem. I chase people off the stage almost all the time whether I'm playing Jiggly or not, and I often self-KO myself...

Top Bottom