• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

CORY

wut
BRoomer
just made a donut sundae with a s'mores donut and malted moo shake ice cream.

i feel pretty proud of myself, not gonna lie.

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
Ay yo guys. I need to ask you guys a serious question or two.

When you have something troubling you and it's effect is so strong it takes a toll both mentally and physically, what do you do to help recoup or fight against it?

I have some "complications " in my current living that's doing both to me. And all i try to do is weep about it and hope it fizzles out, but it still haunts me to this day, forever giving me nightmares and bitter regret of what could've done to stop it in it's tracks.

Real simply i feel hopeless. I feel i fell in a pit i cannot climb out of and is slowly sinking me in.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
When you have something troubling you and it's effect is so strong it takes a toll both mentally and physically, what do you do to help recoup or fight against it?
Talk to people for support.

I think I speak for all of PMS when I say that we're here for you, man.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
@ TheDarkMysteryMan TheDarkMysteryMan I let my residual anger flow freely(it helps that I can generate it from nothing at will) and with it being used as fuel I have zero trouble forcibly solving issues if being diplomatic doesn't cut it. Rage is also excellent for getting out of periods of navel-gazing.
...And for me, it's so far, so good, in terms of success with that.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Ay yo guys. I need to ask you guys a serious question or two.

I have some "complications " in my current living that's doing both to me. And all i try to do is weep about it and hope it fizzles out, but it still haunts me to this day, forever giving me nightmares and bitter regret of what could've done to stop it in it's tracks.

Real simply i feel hopeless. I feel i fell in a pit i cannot climb out of and is slowly sinking me in.
Son, can you tell us the details already? I read your reddit post about you not having a place to live in the next few months, and how you have no one to support you, but there's gotta be more to the story than that. I wanna tell you to just get a job and spring for some ****ty apartment, but that's such an obvious solution that you must have already looked into, unless something is preventing you from doing it?

eideeiit

Smash Ace
I can draw weird bald sad men like nobody's business but not a single happy woman for life.

Also about this sad business, I can't really say I can even imagine how you feel and what you're going through. The best I can give you is that no matter what, the future will always hold something good too. Those that search also tend to find. Try to keep an open mind and a level head. Best of luck.

Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
man i hate being so far from the airport and not being able to get one way flights. i'm waking up at 3:30 or 4am to catch a 5am shuttle to arrive at the MSP airport at 7:30am. flight leaves at 10am then i finally land in ontario at 3pm. every time i fly it's a 12 hour venture. ugh :[

Kushina43

Smash Apprentice
Now that we're talking about art, I'm fairly certain that anyone who is not handicapped in some manner that would affect such and is over the age of, say, 13 is a better artist than me. I'm seeing people in drawing class who claim they've barely done art in their entire lives have better quality art than me, when I have been drawing for 5 years and just got back into my groove after about a year and a half of hiatus

LMAO

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Ooo, well would ya look at what I forgot to do! :D

Fixed.

Sorry. Been busy looking after crippled lady friend.
I'll get stuff set when I get back from Houston with access to Comp, cause doing stuff on tablet is annoying.

Oh and top 5 games.

Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars at first.
The World Ends With You, Etrian Odyssey series, Fire Emblem series, and Smash Bros series (including Project M) tied for 2nd through 5th.

First game is a no idea on.

Last edited:

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
Son, can you tell us the details already? I read your Reddit post about you not having a place to live in the next few months, and how you have no one to support you, but there's gotta be more to the story than that. I wanna tell you to just get a job and spring for some ****ty apartment, but that's such an obvious solution that you must have already looked into, unless something is preventing you from doing it?
When your caretaker that's been taking care of you for the entirety of your life and pass' away and leaves no proper skills on landing a job, cooking properly, and even taking care of finances, and even a will for the house, it can both be very saddening, and very depressing.

But you're not here for that. You want to know more of it? So I'll grant it. I'll give you ALL of it.

On December 9, 2014, my caretaker (Grandmother) passed away from a lack of white blood cells, which caused multiple blood vessel ruptures inside her lungs and eventually, the oxygen sacks. There was a point were she could've made it if she was given a blood transfusion. But because of her religious beliefs (Jehovah's Witness) she refused the transfusion when i was willing to give as much as my body could give. Things got worst as she was put in a coma to stop her form making anymore ruptures. But the time was near, and at around 9:00 PM i witness what some of you may have call "A Nightmare Come True" She died in front of my eyes along with my brothers and her last son.

It was a horrible night to be awake for. But not only for the lost of loved one that's taken care of literally hundreds of people that called for help, but because of her arrogance, and sense of pride.She did not leave a will. she did not leave any of her money out. she didn't not give the house under a name.

She took everything with her. When she died, so did everything she ever thrived for. GONE.

We stood together, the four of us as we lost our mother for as long as we could. We went to places far and wide to make sure we can live to eat another day. Some desperate, like Welfare, and some that are unspeakable of. Our bond slowly rusted away when one of our sources of money vanished. We all were depressed. But her son, he was the most. And that is what started for me the "Worst Year or My Entire Existence"

Time goes and we now are at the bottom of our barrels. We have little food and the son now is drinking furiously. Everyday is constant threats and mental abuse. Hearing how she never loved me and only felt sad for us.The mental scaring was more than i can ever bare in a single month, let alone an entire year. But times get darker as we now pass THE DAY, May 1. The day i forever hold in my mind as the worst day that i have ever stayed awake for. That day was where lines were drawn that i was no longer a member of the family in his eyes. I wake that morning to my brother crying and a lot of debris on the floor. Only to come and realize that the debris is all of my electronics on the ground. I ask why was this happening and was only met with a punch towards the eye. It hurt.

I thought for a second that it was just a nightmare that i would wake up from. But alas it was not. As i insulted by him and told i was "a worthless piece of ****" "I'm gonna call you victim" "you do the same **** your mom does when she was alive". Then when all was horrible it only got worse. As he told my brothers to get the **** out of the house, i wanted to go with them. I tried using what was left of my cellphone to tell them to come back for me. But as i sent the text. He was there. Looking at me with the eyes of alcohol induced rage and a glare only a child with a bad family would be scared of. I told him that i was only telling them to pick me up and that's it. But he wasn't having it. He grabbed me by my hair and punched again in the eye. This time it hit the other one.

Dazed and confused, i was trying to calm him down, but assumed i was trying to call the wife of his to come pick me up. He then started to assault with a broom that shattered on my head. After he punched me square int the nose that has now caused permanent disfigurement, and continuously assaulting me. After it was done he started to cry over my grandmother's ashes.

It's now late at night, and as i try to stay awake from having a concussion, i can hear from what i can think of is my brother's crying next to me. As i laid there on my bed i finally started to lose conciseness. And as i awoke, i found myself inside my aunt's car, driving to her house. She tells me that everything will be fine when we get this all closed up. I fully awake with a large bandage around my nose and poor vision.
I wish i can bring up the months of this year, but sadly this is taking a mental toll on me just writing this up and i have to stop here. If you want I'll send you the last few months through PM. But his what mostly is happening as of this year.

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
quick, post your top 5 favorite games
1 - SMW
2 - Katamari Damacy
3 - Metal Gear Solid 3
4 - Hotline Miami 2
5 - Project M
1. Pokemon G/S/C
2. Melee
3. Super Mario Galaxy 1/2
4. Wind Waker
5. Zero Escape: 999

Honorable Mentions:
Paper Mario: TTYD, Ghost Trick, PoR/Awakening, Danganronpa 1/2, SSX3

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's pretty cool, man. How long were you working on it?
Techinally three hours, but over the course of three days since I've really only worked on it in the Art period

I also erase and revisit A LOT since I'm super OCD about portraits

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
1. Melee/PM
2. Fallout 3
3. 3rd Strike/USF4
4. Fire Emblem PoR
5. Pikmin Games
5. Dark Souls

The first game I ever played was Ocarina of Time when I was 2. I don't remember anything, other than my mom doing most of the work.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Top 5 favorite games?
1. Super Mario 3D World/SMB3
2. SMB3/Super Mario 3D World (it changes based on my mood if you couldn't tell)
3. Paper Mario 2
4. Link Between Worlds/LttP
5. Smash Brothers as a whole (most of it, including PM).

Shoutouts: Mario Golf series, Mario Tennis stuff, Mario Galaxy games, most 3D Marios.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
PSA: Ghost Trick is a criminally underrated game for the DS. It was made by the same guys who did the Phoenix Wright series. It's not a super long game, has a nice balance of gameplay and text, and a brilliant story/gameplay to boot. Plus it plays fine on an emulator and only $17 on Amazon, so go ****ing play it now.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Techinally three hours, but over the course of three days since I've really only worked on it in the Art period

I also erase and revisit A LOT since I'm super OCD about portraits
erasing and revisiting is fairly standard and it looks pretty great. Especially if you don't normally draw/do portraiture : o

SunJester

Smash Ace
http://www.twitch.tv/socalprojectm

I feel like more people should be watching this. Its the warmup weekly for Paragon. Lucky, Westballz, IPK, Oracle, Prof Pro, Machiavelli, Strongbad, and Drinkingfood are some of the notable entrants at this.

Also it makes me sad when people younger than me complain about being old.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It's been 3000 10 years....But today, I can FINALLY see again! My new glasses both came in 8 days earlier than expected.

No amount of words could possibly express my joy right now.

So instead, here's @ Hylian Hylian expressing it for me through the power of the waifu mating dance. ¦D

Thanks Hylian. Always such a bro. <3

CORY

wut
BRoomer
It's been 3000 10 years....But today, I can FINALLY see again! My new glasses both came in 8 days earlier than expected.

So instead, here's @ Hylian Hylian expressing it for me through the power of the waifu mating dance. ¦D

Hype! : D

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Yo guys, is it worth getting Snake Eater for the 3DS? I once again have come into money for helping my dad and his friends to understand the magic of computers, so just wanna know if it's worth experiencing it on the 3DS or not.

Also, I need you're top 5 3DS games listed immediately. GO.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

I try.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
@ TheDarkMysteryMan TheDarkMysteryMan I'm really sorry you had to go through all of that. I hope you & your siblings never have to experience that again because it truly sounds like hell. The only piece of mind I can offer you is to just do things you enjoy and take care of yourself in general dude; do things that make you happy. Also, call CPS and get your siblings out of there if they are still with that guy, there's no reason for them to live with an abusive guardian.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i lied, twitch is ****ing trash and not letting me stream for some reason

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Yo guys, is it worth getting Snake Eater for the 3DS? I once again have come into money for helping my dad and his friends to understand the magic of computers, so just wanna know if it's worth experiencing it on the 3DS or not.
Also, I need you're top 5 3DS games listed immediately. GO.
Etrian Odyssey 4
Etrian odyssey Untold: The Milenium Girl
Etrian Odyssey Untold 2: The Fafnir Knight
Virtue's Last Reward
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance

I was limited by 3DS games only.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Etrian Odyssey 4
Etrian odyssey Untold: The Milenium Girl
Etrian Odyssey Untold 2: The Fafnir Knight
Virtue's Last Reward
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance

I was limited by 3DS games only.
God your 3ds experience is horribly limited

Best 3ds games:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Shovel Knight
Majora's Mask 3d
Mario & Luigi Dream Team
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

Mgs 3d is not worth it. Just buy the hd collection because you'll get two more games for the same price.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
EO is that dungeon crawler? It seemed very bland to me in the demo, but I guessed I just didn't understand what was going on.

Top Bottom