• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Dieminion's Undertaker Entrance was great but I think Stone Cold K Brad's entrance stole the show.

Helsong

Smash Ace
Played through the witcher 2 and finished finally, tbh the whole game was kind of a poorly executed slog but it wasn't terribly bad until act 3 where you could tell the budget was running dry

Started the Witcher 3 2 days ago and.... holy **** this game is good. Like mostly everything I had an issue with in the second one was fixed, and everything that was good in the 2nd one is even better.
Yeah, I largely viewed the gameplay in the second one as being better than the first, but..Witcher 1's story was far better, save for the massive pacing issues early on. But Witcher 1's gameplay was.not very good, which Witcher 2 improved on. Plus I think Witcher 2 just had amazing presentation on a first playthrough as well. I'll always love the first one more, despite it's odd bumps and flaws.

Haven't played the third, but I've heard it knocks the second one out of the park as far as being a good game, and the narrative easily matches the first.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
God I love ultra. Can't wait till sf5. Only watched top 3 but damnn

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I've been curious about the Witcher games but the lack of a console version for the first game greatly kills any interest I have in ever getting the games since I believe the games are tied directly to one another.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
yo @ Frost | Odds Frost | Odds is your poddscast with @ SpiderMad SpiderMad and @ Nausicaa Nausicaa going to be on youtube sometime?
I was afk for over half of that, but unless someone addressed me when I wasn't there and didn't get a response part way through or something, I doubt anyone would know.
Boozer talk for days.
And stuff that I had no idea about (m2k rants about Fox and 3.6 stuff before I had the game etc)
Though during the vague super-fast rant I had at the beginning while preoccupied with the stuff I was afk for later, was probably enough talking from me for the whole thing, just not spread out.

Luigi is love
Luigi is life
Fox is love
Fox is life

Boozer is love
Boozer is life

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
I was afk for over half of that, but unless someone addressed me when I wasn't there and didn't get a response part way through or something, I doubt anyone would know.
Boozer talk for days.
And stuff that I had no idea about (m2k rants about Fox and 3.6 stuff before I had the game etc)
Though during the vague super-fast rant I had at the beginning while preoccupied with the stuff I was afk for later, was probably enough talking from me for the whole thing, just not spread out.

Luigi is love
Luigi is life
Fox is love
Fox is life

Boozer is love
Boozer is life
I haven't seen it yet lmao I procrastinated on watching it for three days and then it was off of odd's twitch most recent ;_;

Bleck

Smash Master
town's second Smash 4/MKDD tourney

got first in Smash singles, second in Smash doubles, second in MKDD

all in all a very $productive$ day

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
My iphone finally died last night. The power button stopped working months ago and it just started crashing after closing a few browser windows. I am now using my dad's old galaxy s4. Android is so awesome lol. Any general things I should get? I'm using CM launcher instead of the default one already

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
My iphone finally died last night. The power button stopped working months ago and it just started crashing after closing a few browser windows. I am now using my dad's old galaxy s4. Android is so awesome lol. Any general things I should get? I'm using CM launcher instead of the default one already
Meiling's right. Look into installing the Cyanogen ROM. I also recommend Lidroid and MIUI as alternative ROMs.

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
What do I get outta installing custom firmware on my phone? Am I missing out?

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I tried and I was failing/getting trouble at just the beginning steps of simply Unlocking the phone. My main reason is to have it use less RAM hopefully than it does with the normal OS.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I only recommend installing custom firmware if you like to customize your phone performance-wise (i.e like overclocking it for faster/better performance, removing bloatware, having root access). If you're OK with the way your phone works, you don't need to worry about custom firmware. There are also risks to trying to install custom ROMs like bricking your phone.

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
I've been curious about the Witcher games but the lack of a console version for the first game greatly kills any interest I have in ever getting the games since I believe the games are tied directly to one another.
The games are actually pretty closed off from each other. I never played the first game due to it looking pretty meh but watched a video summarizing the main plot points, but that wasn't needed to get into Witcher 2. The 2nd game only explains stuff from the first when it comes up, which is rare. It's pretty much it's own separate tale.

The third game is a bit different though. Both the Witcher 2 and 3 allow you to import saves but in the 2nd game, an imported save has very little to do with the story. It gives you some bonus armor but aside from that I think there's only one thing that changes based on what you did in the first. With the Witcher 3 however an imported save does a lot more, all of your choices in the 2nd game are reflected properly. If you don't import then at the beginning you're interviewed about what "happened" during the second game. Because of this it seems so far to be less friendly with explaining plot and I probably wouldn't recommend starting with it.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Apparently my ISP derped and I'm unable to access certain sites, Smashboards being one of them. Weird thing is it works on my phone, connected to the same network as my desktop. Browsing and posting on mobile is ass though so I just gave up and decided to tether to my phone lol. Hopefully they fix it soon, this is pretty dumb.

Anywho we had a pretty hype PM tourney here on Saturday, our top players actually showed up. We had Holy, Kage and Bidoof in attendance. As you've already seen, Kage and Bidooof faced off in a Ganon ditto, which I would've posted here as soon as I uploaded it if not for the aforementioned issue. rip potential likes ;-;

While that set was crazy we also had plenty of other great matches, here's the full playlist if you wanna check it out.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I don't mean to start anything at all. But was Fox really that bad? Are you guys sure that Mango, Lucky, Leffen, Armada, SW, etc aren't just significantly better than you?

@ SpiderMad SpiderMad PM reads jumpsquat ending on your first airborne frame, Melee is the last frame of squat
Found out I think you're wrong, aside from oddly/mistakenly using "reads jumpsquat" as "reads jump button being held to determine SH".

Melee's is indeed either bugged or chosen by preference to check a frame earlier. PM's has nothing to do with the physics delay (which I thought it could if what you were saying were right if Melee checked the last frame of jumpsquat and PM checked after it during the delayed physics frame, which they don't).

Falco in Melee:
1-5 Jumpsquat, airborne frame 6 (or if you count frame 0; 0-4 jumsquat and airborne frame 5)
if you release jump on frame 4 then advance to frame 5 you'll still be in jumpsquat, then advance to frame 6 you'll be in the air with a FH

Hence it checks a frame early, not the last frame of jumpsquat

The detrimental effect of PM choosing the last frame is that if you go for something like a FH Aerial, going from Jump to C-stick has LESS time available to you to start reaching for the C-stick to get the aerial out early/frame perfect. Because you have to be holding the jump button till the end of jumpsquat, where as in Melee you could release it a frame earlier to still get the FH and then start heading for the C-stick. Aside from that there's no other detriments aside from being different than Melee in muscle memory in a minor way (and that it could be argued as annoying to hold it a frame longer for the highest length jumpsquaters in PM, but that's for the same reasoning as the detriment I just listed). Jumpsquat length in both games is the same for the veteran characters.

The positive effect is now it's a reasonable and more ergonomic threshold to SH with the dozen or so 3 frame jumpsquat characters (and 4 frame ones becoming even more ergonomic).

http://smashboards.com/threads/a-di...ad-thing-health-related.360937/#post-17071426

Last edited:

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
After finally playing 3.6 with another human being, I've confirmed that Pit is too fun for me not to main.

That and I'm just not feeling it with Olimar anymore.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
After finally playing 3.6 with another human being, I've confirmed that Pit is too fun for me not to main.

That and I'm just not feeling it with Olimar anymore.
After sticking it with 3.5 Olimar you drop him when he's functional

***** what

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
11 chapters into Jojolion now, this is the weirdest **** ever. I like it.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
A third of this thread is always talking about Jojo

What am I missing out on?
If I was to watch/read this, where should I start from.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
A third of this thread is always talking about Jojo

What am I missing out on?
If I was to watch/read this, where should I start from.
I recommend starting from the beginning (Part I: Phantom Blood). Parts 1-3 have animations courtesy of David Productionm, but the manga is currently on Part VIII: JoJolion.

If you want to find most of the translations in one place, /r/StardustCrusaders has you covered.

Last edited:

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
So I totally haven't been distracted by all the FE Fates hype for the past week. My sleep schedule is all kinds of messed up watching the streams.

You guys should be happy to know that the Marth amiibo is fully voiced and even says "みんな、見ていてくれ!" as one of his crit quotes. Guess I need to join in on desperately trying to find one of them...

Is Marth's class unique to him?
Are they generic like the Awakening dlc/spotpass characters?
Does he have that annoying particle effect?
@ Lizalfos Lizalfos Editing this since the thread moved on:

Amiibos all have unique classes and skills, with some chars even having unique chats with them (I believe just during battling them only?).

Amiibos get unique portraits and no sparklies from what I can tell. There are more DLC characters apprently that are like Awakening's spotpass stuff though.

Last edited:

NW_Gump

Smash Apprentice
God damn it you nerds made me start watching Jojo. If I love it I'll read it after I finish watching it but I'm diggin it so far.

Top Bottom