• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Then you should watch Dr. PP and other Falcos utilizing SH Bair AC, or Marth's utilizing Fair/Bair DJ and these videos demonstrating early (autocancel/double) aerials with all of the cast it pertains possible to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BixZR3-YiMw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeLklmmYyNk
And beyond Melee, Brawl enabled AD to be used during IASA (which Melee restricted), allowing in PM earlier WLs and AGTs out of things such as Marth's Fair/Bair than the windows were in Melee (which Bair couldn't be WL'd out of)

And also beyond Melee, PM has certain mechanics enabling longer air time; allowing various things that couldn't be done with Melee veterans to be done even though their actual moves match their Melee stats in terms of IASA/Duration. (Puff SH Bair Nair, Fox autocancel bair, Falco autocancel uair, Sheik double fair... and much more but especially Marth)
One of the reasons is 1st airborne frame aerials reducing your overall height in Melee both in SH and FH, due to it invoking gravity which would normally occur on the 2nd frame. PM doesn't have this because gravity applies on the second frame now or something.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Yeah, that post was super cereal.
I have my movement and control down well and those techs are great and all, but I don't think that's what I should be focusing on right now, playing people is waaaaaaay more important at the moment. I see people who are less technical then me get further in bracket, so obviously I need focus on something besides tech skill.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
It isn't about just you though, it's about the world; the Smash continuum. The galaxy nebula time space Ike train top tier Light press air dodge ergonomic improvement 1 frame of buffer early aerial glory days containment release PM spectacular surviving Smash 4 and re-invisioning and improving Brawl tech and Brawl characters enlightening uninformed Reddit goers and far nations abroad mega incredulous wonderment celebration.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
"In the time it takes for Ike to jump and use fair, approximately 1167.1 stars come into existence in the universe briefly before dying in the most insignificant and uneventful manner imaginable."

-- Kinky regarding 2.1 Ike

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
It isn't about just you though, it's about the world; the Smash continuum. The galaxy nebula time space Ike train top tier Light press air dodge ergonomic improvement 1 frame of buffer early aerial glory days containment release PM spectacular surviving Smash 4 and re-invisioning and improving Brawl tech and Brawl characters enlightening uninformed Reddit goers and far nations abroad mega incredulous wonderment celebration.
1FD may be gone, but his soul lives on in this post

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????

so SSB4 is going to have doubles be its mainstay, right

that's the only way y'all are getting me to play this, cause this looks neat

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
When people suggested faster Smash 4 matches, I don't think that is what they had in mind.

Is this overpowered bucket because of team attack being on?

Guess that's gone now.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
G&W's Old Oil Bucket = 2.8 x the combined damage of all the energy projectiles he's absorbed.

Smash 4 G&W's Oil bucket = 2.5 x the combined damage of all the projectiles, but each level caps at 6%, so if you absorb a projectile with more than 6%, it fills multiple layers as appropriate. So if he absorbs something like Samus' fully charged shot (~25%), the bucket gets completely filled.

I understand Sakurai probably wanted to make the move more useful, but goddamn.

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I thought Robin was gonna be bad, but damn does Nairo make her look good.

@ Soft Serve Soft Serve you should definitely check him out if you're still interested in Robin

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
So G&W is a hard counter to all projectile users and is SSS tier in doubles?
Sure, why not.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I thought Robin was gonna be bad, but damn does Nairo make her look good.

@ Soft Serve Soft Serve you should definitely check him out if you're still interested in Robin
yeah I watched Nairo a lot. I dont think Robin is that great though, but I'm bad at evaluating abilities in a game with a slow neutral like this. I got sick of Robin because she was really bland pretty much.
Bowser Jr for life (until I pick a top tier). I'm not going to take singles seriously, I honestly hate it and playing it feels like a chore. I love doubles though.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
My friends let me borrow a copy of the game prior to me picking it up, and though I've thrown in the towel on Megaman, Mac picked it back up. It hasn't been easy approaching with him, but once I get my jab combo to launch them they get walloped to the high heavens of final destination.
Outside of that, Lucina is awesome, though this is mostly due to here feeling more Roy-esque at ground level with Iai Counter and Crescent Moon Dolphin Slash.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
yeah I watched Nairo a lot. I dont think Robin is that great though, but I'm bad at evaluating abilities in a game with a slow neutral like this. I got sick of Robin because she was really bland pretty much.
Bowser Jr for life (until I pick a top tier). I'm not going to take singles seriously, I honestly hate it and playing it feels like a chore. I love doubles though.
I dunno man. Doubles DOES look great, but I have trouble seeing how doubles is gonna keep you invested in the game in the long run, specially when it's in singles where most of your skills will be improved.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
@-Fatality- that tournament was ran pretty bad :I
I was gonna leave wether or not I won man. Lemme know them results. Btw

I was the black dude. Yea, the black dude. Had a tank top on and dem dre beats. Played yo sis, I was mario etc etc

Going to sleep now. Dunno if I'll partake in that particular smash tournament, at least not till the TO stuff is handled better. May appear in GA in the coming times tho.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I dunno man. Doubles DOES look great, but I have trouble seeing how doubles is gonna keep you invested in the game in the long run, specially when it's in singles where most of your skills will be improved.
The game istelf probably wont hold my interest in the long run, I'm never going to not treat melee as my main game lol. But its interesting and people in the community enjoy it so i'll play it and not rag on it too hard.
Screw Booser jr, Wii fit trainer all day. best quotes and taunts
ffs she says "tuck in those glutes" when she up-smashes sometimes.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I want to experiment with equipment more.

Each 3ds smash game comes with 21+ speed/attack/defense badge

Defense is dumb in this game since everyone lives too long already, but that speed and attack badge might be useful for potentially balancing.

No randomness involved with the equip either since each game comes with the same one of those.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I gotta get used to these 3ds controls man, they're just so weird. Im having close games with these jimmies in For Glory that spam roll lol, its just rrrrgh! Like Ill just say, "wait until wii u ill 2 stock you"

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I gotta get used to these 3ds controls man, they're just so weird. Im having close games with these jimmies in For Glory that spam roll lol, its just rrrrgh! Like Ill just say, "wait until wii u ill 2 stock you"
just stop doing things, and when they roll punish it
play wii fit, when you win and she says "work hard to tighten thouse glutes" you know jimmies will be rustled

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
just stop doing things, and when they roll punish it
play wii fit, when you win and she says "work hard to tighten thouse glutes" you know jimmies will be rustled
Yeah i guess I should just stop trying to style and stuff, i just cant tho its my playstyle xD. Im sure because of it ill never be good on the 3ds because trying to maximize my movement and mindgaming wont work. But yeah i know how to punish rolls, I do punish them, I was just saying jimmies who spam roll to show their skill level (which is kinda pointless cuz its kinda obvious lmao).

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Everyone goes through a roll phase when first finding out about them lol.

Also you guys are succeeding at making me not regret passing on the 3ds version.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Everyone goes through a roll phase when first finding out about them lol.

Also you guys are succeeding at making me not regret passing on the 3ds version.
I'm regretting buying it. Its slow and tedeus and bland. The ledge mechanic is horrible, yeah removing the ledge invincibility after the first grab stops ledge camping, but it doesn't solve the problem why ledge camping was ideal: getting off the ledge is ****ing diffficult and approaching is non-existant.
I also hate how theres no shield stun but so much shield pushback. I just want to punish these fsmashes I'm shielding, I wish i could WD OoS and grab them

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I'd kill for a Project M smash 4.

Hell, I don't even need project M smash 4.

Just ****ing let me duck out of a run and have a proper dash dance.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
I'm regretting buying it. Its slow, tedious, and bland. The ledge mechanic is horrible; yeah, removing the ledge invincibility after the first grab stops ledge camping... but it doesn't solve the problem created by ledge camping being ideal: getting off the ledge is Phux ing diffficult and approaching is non-existent.
I also hate how there's no shield stun, but so much shield pushback. I just want to punish these f-smashes I'm shielding; I wish i could WD OoS and grab them...
Is this ALAKASLAMPHIIIISH always incomprehensible?

(Sees a crowd with a swastika flag toting smiling blonde at the front, all wearing snazzy uniforms with letters and Eagles all over them)

NAY PHUULZ I JOIN YOUR RANKS NOT

FOR MADDA RUSHLIMBAUGHYAA

(Plays "My City Was Gone" on a record and runs like Remi Gaillard)

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Is this ALAKASLAMPHIIIISH always incomprehensible?

(Sees a crowd with a swastika flag toting smiling blonde at the front, all wearing snazzy uniforms with letters and Eagles all over them)

NAY PHUULZ I JOIN YOUR RANKS NOT

FOR MADDA RUSHLIMBAUGHYAA

(Plays "My City Was Gone" on a record and runs like Remi Gaillard)

k

PM related for once: come join us on stream, almost done with singles. Doing loser semi's right now, K9 waiting in grand. http://www.twitch.tv/azprojectmelee

SS says the female villagers are ratchet.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Glossy screens are starting to take over my life, they're so horrible. HORRIBLE. What's the use if it's got good specs if the screen hurts your eyes? LISTEN TO ME AND DON'T GET THE ANYTHING GLOSSY DON'T DO IT.

As president, only non-glossy/matte screens will be allowed

Oh, and a couple leelue pesos on Mango 1st place Armada 2nd

I don't feel that bad I missed out on going to Big House (at least for now), what would be the closest national for me to get to meet most of the Top 5 and all of you peoples and others. It seems spectating other people play takes up a lot of the event; when I enjoy the most meeting, talking, playing, getting souvenirs from, and MM'ing people. Most matches I'd rather watch later at home with the commentary; unless I was right next to the commentators. I would make a great third commentator to sit behind the two in front, and do nothing.

Missing out on Big House, wondering if Smash 4 3ds can be bearable and entertaining or worse than Brawl (Brawl was decent), this week has been a glossy screen.

Last edited:

wannabe33

Smash Apprentice
Pika GnW in teams is nothing new lol
What's new is the ability to fill up the bucket with a single thunder.

Either G&W / Pikachu teams get banned or else G&W / Pikachu teams are the new meta -- I don't see any third possibility. A big-hitbox OHKO that takes all of two seconds to charge up is ridiculous.

Top Bottom