• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
I need help finding some movies, PMS. I need something very Shinkai esque, similar to 5cm per Second or The Garden of Words where its a slow movie that focuses on the ordinary aspects of life; very realistic with amazing storytelling besides its mundane atmosphere. It can be anime or live-action, I don't mind either.
Gotou ni Naritai, Omoide Poroporo, Tamako Love Story, and Whisper of the Heart.
finally watched grave of the fireflies..
i think that speaks for itself
...It does.

Yooo ull this is gdlk. Friday's episode tho...

Last edited:

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
what happened to konami
starting in 2012 it just started having PMS
no pun intended

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
He lost to my boy Cue lol. Also one of our best melee players as well.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
...good afternoon

I have only been up for about a half-hour and I am already done with being awake today. can I just go back to sleep for some 24 hours

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
What did Bethesda do?
The developer of a game has the power to allow mods to be sold on that game's workshop, and they are also the one who sets the price cut

So Bethesda agreed to have Skyrim mods for sale, and also are responsible for the 75% cut they get

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Meme speak is just as dangerous as valley girl speak has been.

You tell some kids that if they say the word like again you will shoot them Pulp Fiction style and they still can't stop themselves.

Now kids will think memes are the way to speak too.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Meme speak is just as dangerous as valley girl speak has been.

You tell some kids that if they say the word like again you will shoot them Pulp Fiction style and they still can't stop themselves.

Now kids will think memes are the way to speak too.
I'm a victim I swear.
The developer of a game has the power to allow mods to be sold on that game's workshop, and they are also the one who sets the price cut

So Bethesda agreed to have Skyrim mods for sale, and also are responsible for the 75% cut they get
Lmao that's really greedy.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
what happened to konami
starting in 2011 it just started having PMS
no pun intended
Fixed.
The bad decisions started with Snake Eater 3D(lol) and the MGS HD Collection(who's bright idea was it to release that game at the same day that Modern Warfare 3 comes out?)
It's almost like Konami wants to back out of the gaming industry to focus exclusively on their spas and gyms in Japan... would explain the low game output.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
konami's biggest money makers, last I checked, was basically just barely-legal gambling machines in japan, pachinko and all that

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Fixed.
The bad decisions started with Snake Eater 3D(lol) and the MGS HD Collection(who's bright idea was it to release that game at the same day that Modern Warfare 3 comes out?)
It's almost like Konami wants to back out of the gaming industry to focus exclusively on their spas and gyms in Japan... would explain the low game output.
What was wrong with MGS3:3D?
- - - - -
They Playboy spotlight for Splatoon wasn't lewd at all. I feel so lied to.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
1 - MGS3:3D was released after the HD collection, which makes the former obsolete at best.
2 - The 3DS lacks the buttons the Playstation controller has, so they changed the controls around to compensate, and the results are quite bad. By default, ABXY move the camera and the Dpad directions are your Weapon/action/cancel/CQC buttons.
Circle Pad pro resolves this problem and should be included with each copy of the game, but isn't.
3 - The frame rate is vomitrocious on the 3DS, even worse than the PS2 versions, despite the subtle graphical downgrade.
4 - Loading times are long for a 3ds game.
5 - Generally speaking, the soundtrack is the only thing that got ported unscathed.

Honestly they should have ported MGS2 to the 3ds since the game doesn't use the Right stick much(Would not need to change around the controls much) and is much less.. processor intensive and has a more realistic chance of running smoothly.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
I think Peace Walker would be better though. The PSP only had two shoulder buttons and no second stick so the controls wouldn't be a problem, and the mission-based gameplay would make more sense for a portable device. Street Pass could be used to exhange soldiers and items or attack other Mother Bases (one more team would be added to Extra OPS that would be the one to fight at Street Pass battles).

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Mech seems to forget that to make people powerless and harmful harmless, somebody needs to disproportionately hold power.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
more like "mech forgets that being pretentious and spouting pseudo intellectual crap doesn't actually make you smart, clever, or even edgy."

Helsong

Smash Ace
..."...forgets that being pretentious and spouting pseudo intellectual crap doesn't actually make you smart, clever, or even edgy."
Well ****, you've figured me out.

So as it turns out, I'm better at Melee than I am at PM, despite putting absolutely zero effort into Melee, and having practiced only PM for the past month or so. Huh. Guess those 2004 instincts never wore off.
PM's just more fun to play though. I hate how much you have to wrestle the control stick in Melee to even dash.

Last edited:

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Tbh what would be a godsend to PM would be the option to change dash and shield drop sensitivities to match melee. It's hard to switch between games during tourneys.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Someone needs to get the guy who does 20xx to make an option to have brawl dead zones for non ****ty controls

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Every time I play Melee Falco it feels very smooth. Then when I play Melee Shiek it feels very difficult to WD, but then D-smashing out of WD is easier.
But there is something about Melee>Brawl that makes it harder to get the lower lasers and waveshine smoothly. I'm consistent WSing in PM, but it feels notably different.
It is probably all deadzones.

I have less problems with DDing in Melee ever since I started intentionally hitting the sides of the control stick to each edge, not a problem anymore.
I would use Melee deadzones if there was an option, honestly.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Honestly, Shield Dropping is easier in Melee.
I would know, I play Ike. I flock to every OoS option I know.

Last edited:

drakargx

Smash Journeyman
My motivation to do anything this year is basically gone

I have just enough in me to do whatever homework is due, I'm gonna be so boned when it comes to finals week

Last edited:

Helsong

Smash Ace
They should just give us the option to tweak control stick sensitivity in future smash games. We've already got remappable controls, why not do that, too? F-Zero GX did it, and even compensated for failing control sticks as a result. It was awesome.

Top Bottom