• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Those are the best kind of players

They start off sounding intelligent, but in the end the crap I just took has more valuable substance

On top of that, they're always "right"

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Win the MM then tell them to git gud. Problem solved
problem with that is my skill would basically be a reflection of PM as a whole, which not only is pretty stressful but also not fair at all. Whether that guy's better than me or not is irrelevant, but people aren't going to recognize that if I lose.
Beat them in Melee.

Do all the "gimmicks" possible known in melee and win.

Then beat them in PM using the same melee character.
I play G&W in melee and I'm pretty sure he plays Fox... Its impossible.

Last edited:

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
I'm pretty sure he plays Fox...
Yeah, I would laugh in their face after I cg them to 55%, dtilt fsmash near the ledge and take a stock, quit out and walk away afterwards

Roy op

melee is fun
everyone is a fox
which was great for me
until marth showed up

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277

You already know.Better idea, since
, something more like this, if anything:
Or you can be my stuntman.

I don't usually get mad at anything, but this seriously makes me want to grab this kid's nose and twist.
Too easy.

Show up at his house instead and give him an Attitude Adjustment.

1403454636806.gif

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I think maybe the other problem was that you referred to gender as biological, which in modern definition it isn't. Sex is biological, gender is just social or psychological or whatever.

I think I kind of agree with @ Pwnz0rz Man Pwnz0rz Man in saying that there's nothing inherently wrong with gender, just with sexism in gender roles and over-centralization of those roles and stuff.

Modern day gender is so weird though.
I've always just associated sex as being interchangeable with gender. It's the suffixes that are added to gender that seem to rile people up, not really gender itself.

EarthboundHero

Smash Ace
NNID
DutMob_A1
Any here ever use Xat.com/DaBessdi??

Are there any other matchmaking sites other than that, that you know of? I'm looking to expand my horizon of new challengers.
Le

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Any here ever use Xat.com/DaBessdi??

Are there any other matchmaking sites other than that, that you know of? I'm looking to expand my horizon of new challengers.
Le
smashladder / Anther's ladder
they use dolphin's netplay though

More bull****.
I bet every one of them would have lost to SB's melee DK anyway lol

I wonder if they know that many of the players that are actually good at the game are melee veterans

Last edited:

Rᴏb

Speaking of netplay, could anyone give me a good laptop build that would be able to run PM netplay? I want to become a netplay warrior.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
@ Rᴏb Rᴏb Wow that is some bull**** what the ****. Why are they even bashing pm? If they don't like it then just ignore it and stop ******** about it. If your scene only has a group for melee then I think it is definitely in its best interest to make a separate one for project m so that people can actually discuss or mention pm at all without getting bashed.

I absolutely hate it when people say "oh it's so easymode", "it's autocombos everywhere", "gimmicks on literally every character except melee top 8".

If it's so easy mode and they say every char can win against any player 100% of the time like the guy mentioned, I fully expect him to go random (rerandom if it's a melee top 8 so he can use ~gimmicks~) at the next large event and never drop a game.

"at this point the winner of a pm match should be completely random"

This is so ****ing stupid LOL

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
problem with that is my skill would basically be a reflection of PM as a whole, which not only is pretty stressful but also not fair at all. Whether that guy's better than me or not is irrelevant, but people aren't going to recognize that if I lose.

I play G&W in melee and I'm pretty sure he plays Fox... Its impossible.
This is where your suppose to be good enough to beat them in Melee and complete the PM coolness triumph fairy tale

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
More bull****.
Just tell them to **** off lol

I think it's an elaborate troll, that one guy complaining that giving Roy 4 new animations makes him worse because they take movements from ikes bair instead of just being a marth clone.
Samus has 2 new moves, now a gimmick character
Ike can jump out of something, any cancel tech that isn't shine is a gimmick

PM is a gimmick because I don't want to learn the game, but you can win without knowing anything because it's a gimmick, but I won't prove this because the game is bad because it's a gimmick

Rᴏb

@ standardtoaster standardtoaster It sucks man. The fb group I'm in was originally supposed to be for PM, but it branched out and basically got taken over by people who just wanted Melee. My college club sometimes has 1 PM set up, but the people that go to the club are usually there for only Melee and marvel. I basically lost all motivation to go to that club since no one there gave a **** about PM, and I usually got stuck playing 3.0 with scrubs and didn't have fun.

I'm pretty sure there is a PM meetup somewhere near me, but since it isn't on campus and I don't have a car, and its usually on the weekend when I party its super inconvenient. That's why I wanna get into netplay.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Speaking of gimmicks, I was on the Melee Social FB page this one time, and this dude was like, ganon getting his double jump back after down b is a gimmick. my sides

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
f that
get car breh
need homies to play pm with
I'm planning on getting one once tax season rolls around. It won't be the prettiest car in the lot, but it'll get the job done.

The PM scene is kinda small here in Clemson. I know of three who play regularly, but that's the jist of it. I wouldn't mind branching out at all.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Gnw vs fox in melee is only a 70/30, so just be more than 20% better than this scrubby fox player and you'll win more games
real talk out of all the top tiers in melee, fox is one of the better MUs. Marth/falco/shiek are all like 80/20
take it from a melee fox main, gnw dedicated secondary. Just bolieve in yourself

Also lol at him saying fox is bad in pm basically because if you are bad you lose.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I'm planning on getting one once tax season rolls around. It won't be the prettiest car in the lot, but it'll get the job done.

The PM scene is kinda small here in Clemson. I know of three who play regularly, but that's the jist of it. I wouldn't mind branching out at all.
I mean, those 3 people are 3 times the amount of people I have to play with. I have punks like @Player -0 @Lizalfos and a few others, who live within 10 minutes of me, but they don't even be tryna play. Upstate really sucks for anyone trying to better their self at smash.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
I've always just associated sex as being interchangeable with gender. It's the suffixes that are added to gender that seem to rile people up, not really gender itself.
As far as typical use goes, they're fairly interchangeable. But sex refers to biology while gender refers to identity.

The distinction isn't too important most of the time, but for transsexual people and other groups, there is a fairly significant difference in terms.

It's also the reason we don't say "sex roles" (besides the obvious), but refer to "gender roles" all the time. Gender is about identity, qualities, tendencies, etc., while sex doesn't necessarily have any connotations attached except what's between the legs.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
@ standardtoaster standardtoaster It sucks man. The fb group I'm in was originally supposed to be for PM, but it branched out and basically got taken over by people who just wanted Melee. My college club sometimes has 1 PM set up, but the people that go to the club are usually there for only Melee and marvel. I basically lost all motivation to go to that club since no one there gave a **** about PM, and I usually got stuck playing 3.0 with scrubs and didn't have fun.

I'm pretty sure there is a PM meetup somewhere near me, but since it isn't on campus and I don't have a car, and its usually on the weekend when I party its super inconvenient. That's why I wanna get into netplay.
Main Falco and enjoy Melee

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone played Stamina Mode Ver. 3 on Brinstar? The acid makes it so damn hilarious once you get down to lower percentages.

Also I've been away from this thread for a long time, but have returned again. Hello old and new faces alike :v

Rᴏb

Main Falco and enjoy Melee
Before I switched to G&W I was a Falco main, and I pretty much always end up going back to him because G&W is ****ing trash. I switched off from him because I got so ****ing bored.

Then PM came out and I never looked back.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I don't think it's society that makes boys act more aggressive and more competitive and drawn to games as a means of satisfying that. It's hormones.

Leagues, parents and schools have done everything possible to make girls more interested in sports from a young age and now the push is to get young women more interested in computer science and programming.

Feminist theory is that society is forcing gender roles on everyone and we have to work toward decoupling gender from sex but the opposite is true: society is the force that is over time displacing gender roles that form naturally if no one is there to break them apart.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Before I switched to G&W I was a Falco main, and I pretty much always end up going back to him because G&W is ****ing trash. I switched off from him because I got so ****ing bored.

Then PM came out and I never looked back.
Then maybe you lack seeing some of the things Melee offers

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Real talk Bowser's sideB is better in Melee, armor aside
What's up with that

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
PM has better movement options, but Melee is better understood which leads to more intense gameplay.
PM is still a long way from having a solid metagame, so of course if you bring in your twelve year old Falco you're going to steamroll new players. Similarly, if you bring your Squirtle you developed in the lab to a scene where literally nobody plays Squirtle, you'll have results that aren't necessarily representative of your actual skill level. This is something that's harder to do in Melee, because even if I surprise someone with my Bowser KK combos or flame cancels or BB to the ledge, I'm still playing a horrible character so the effect is mitigated.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
I don't think it's society that makes boys act more aggressive and more competitive and drawn to games as a means of satisfying that. It's hormones.

Leagues, parents and schools have done everything possible to make girls more interested in sports from a young age and now the push is to get young women more interested in computer science and programming.

Feminist theory is that society is forcing gender roles on everyone and we have to work toward decoupling gender from sex but the opposite is true: society is the force that is over time displacing gender roles that form naturally if no one is there to break them apart.
The "naturally occurring" gender roles are a relic of a bygone era, yet they persist because society as a whole still fails to accept anything far outside the norms. The reason it seems to be opposite at the moment is because progressive steps are being taken towards such and are succeeding.

It's also how many people are still raised: Girls and boys are still overall expected to do what they've always been expected to do, there's just less emphasis on the women's roles being enacted since they've started being respected.

And don't get me started on how people today still use terms like "gay" to mean "inferior." Because, you know, masculinity is still inherently better than anything resembling femininity, right?

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
I mean, those 3 people are 3 times the amount of people I have to play with. I have punks like @Player -0 @Lizalfos and a few others, who live within 10 minutes of me, but they don't even be tryna play. Upstate really sucks for anyone trying to better their self at smash.
It's a shame we don't live near Charleston. I heard the scene there's fairly poppin'.

Top Bottom