• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

SunJester

Smash Ace
The bull**** thing isn't that its not there, it's how coy he's being. There is big money involved, plane tickets aren't cheap, I know a bunch of people who might have to refund a plane ticket or hotel reservation. I think all most of us want is an answer.
This time a million. There was no indication that PM wasn't going to be at Apex except for a rumor about a week ago. Some people have to book flights and plan really early to go to tournaments, and not saying straight up that he was dropping Project M is not only ****ing over a whole community, but financially ****ing over a whole bunch of people.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
If it's true, which coming from a PMDT member, it probably is.
thread's going fast, so this might've already been replied at:

but the rumor is about a former pmdt member. both of those italicised for emphasis. everything needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

SunJester

Smash Ace
Now that I feel like I've gotten at least the majority of ******** out of my system, is there anything proactive we can do about this?

There's a huge community of PM players, we must make the best out of this situation. We have to get PM back into Apex or at the very least stop this from happening again. We have to make sure this scene thrives.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Good thinking let's change the subject.

Overwatch gameplay looks fun but I fear Blizzard will be going the free to play model where you have to buy new classes that they keep releasing and the balance is all messed up.

The artstyle looks cool, even if the characters are pretty cliché in spots.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Good thinking let's change the subject.

Overwatch gameplay looks fun but I fear Blizzard will be going the free to play model where you have to buy new classes that they keep releasing and the balance is all messed up.

The artstyle looks cool, even is the characters are pretty cliché in spots.
I'll set my watch and warrant on Blizzard playing grab-ass with the free to play model.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
yall are bein overdramatic as ****, who cares if apex wont take us, theres like 3 million other tourneys happening throughout the year anyways
sucks that they ended up screwin people who bought their flights and **** early tho

#WhensGenesis3

Paradoxium

Smash Master
yall are bein overdramatic as ****, who cares if apex wont take us, theres like 3 million other tourneys happening throughout the year anyways
sucks that they ended up screwin people who bought their flights and **** early tho

#WhensGenesis3
Nah the extra salt is because Apex is huge af, and some people wanted to get that exposure

and the money matches though

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Insulting apex/nintendo and repeating the same **** over and over again is definitely not gonna change anything.
I dunno, I already voiced my disappointment a month ago so this news doesn't really bother me

I mean, PM community COULD always get together and host a PM-only national. It would also be easier to run by virtue of being limited to one game, and chat would be less cancer and stuff

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Insulting apex/nintendo and repeating the same **** over and over again is definitely not gonna change anything.
I dunno, I already voiced my disappointment a month ago so this news doesn't really bother me

I mean, PM community COULD always get together and host a PM-only national. It would also be easier to run by virtue of being limited to one game, and chat would be less cancer and stuff
Twitch chat will always have some sort of bs going on :/

Bleck

Smash Master
so do we have any actual confirmation that Apex 2015 won't have PM or is it still conjecture at this point

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
The artstyle looks cool, even if the characters are pretty cliché in spots.

Cliche ≠ bad. "The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication".
-
Terry Pratchet

Badly-done-cliche, or just derivative-of-other-stuff-cliche? Because there is a HUGE difference.

erasmorpheous

Smash Cadet
This news made me more disappointed than I thought I could get about a tournament I'm not even going to. I just wanted this perfect world with 3.5 out and super exciting sets at apex :(

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
WHERE DID ALL THESE PEOPLE COME FROM

/obligatory joke

Last edited:

Kneato

Totoro Joe
so do we have any actual confirmation that Apex 2015 won't have PM or is it still conjecture at this point
The announcement of what games would be at Apex was made. PM wasn't on the list. That's as confirmed as you are gonna get.

Source

MLGF

Smash Lord
I like the optimism.
Ah well, it's not as if he sounds like he hates PM. Just sounds pretty carefree to the drama.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
I mean, I was calm.

I only curse like a sailor when I'm really calm and collected.

Top Bottom