• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
That clone engine was stolen a year or two ago, it's incomplete and buggy. He makes claims everywhere he didn't steal it but one of the PMBR compared "his" code with one of our old revisions and it was identical. That's very unlikely in programming and even less so when it comes to assembly.

I highly recommend against using that for yourself if you value your save file, as it will probably corrupt it in some way.

This is the reason our Roy video mentioned we weren't releasing the clone engine, it takes a high amount of skill to set it up properly without damaging anything, even if you are a master of assembly. If the clone engine is ever made user friendly enough, we'll definitely release it, but for now, it's not, and that old buggy version even moreso, and is precisely what we wanted to avoid.

We're gonna have a post up the coming days with more details about the clone engine and its limits, so keep an eye out for that.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
q to warchamp: what's the collateral damage from the clone engine. how many PMBR wiis have been ruined because of it

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
q to warchamp: what's the collateral damage from the clone engine. how many PMBR wiis have been ruined because of it
We've been able to wipe and replace our savefiles whenever we've fallen victim. No permanent damage is done to a Wii whose owner is well-seasoned in modding, but I was more than a little sad when I was forced to lose my personally obtained 100% save file. We wouldn't want that to happen to anyone else.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
We've been able to wipe and replace our savefiles whenever we've fallen victim. No permanent damage is done to a Wii whose owner is well-seasoned in modding, but I was more than a little sad when I was forced to lose my personally obtained 100% save file. We wouldn't want that to happen to anyone else.
You could just use a 100% save backed up somewhere on the internet or something. Not like getting 100% in Brawl was worth anything anyway.

I always have an extra save backed up just in case something happens. One backup on my laptop and another backup on my second Wii.

Kati

Smash Lord
o my. triple post. I'm actually surprised there weren't more though, as I got an error message similar to the ddos ones at least 4 times before the first post went through.

But yeah Warchamp, that is great information to have.

*edit* the other two posts seem to have vanished now... :/

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
That's what we did.
Okay. Good show then, Strong Bad. Pay me no mind. ¦D

howw doyou manage to triple post
Well sometimes the site will make your post without telling you that it actually did it, making you click it again and again until it does finally tell you.

Well, unless you think to refresh to see if it's there that way, which it will most likely be.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
??????

Things are happening in this thread

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm lovin me some WWHD.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
The visuals look horrible but aside from that it seems like a pretty good remake. Hope you don't like glitches because a lot of major ones from the Gamecube version are fixed.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
The visuals look horrible but aside from that it seems like a pretty good remake. Hope you don't like glitches because a lot of major ones from the Gamecube version are fixed.
The only major glitch I heard was patched was storage. I know that ledge clipping is still in. What else doesn't work?

EDIT: Oh, I guess Zombie hovering is pretty much useless now without the Tingle Tuner.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

Have you actually played it? Visuals look amazing, people worried about it losing color from the new lighting shouldn't be. It looks much better actually playing it than looking at videos and it is still certainly very vibrant and colorful.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i watched a friend play it, outside looks pretty bad, though darker areas and the water looks really good. Basically all land and things that are standing on land look like ass except water

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I think your eyes are broke.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
No, I agree, the dark areas look really good, but any outdoor area that's bright looks like garbage.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
BLAH BLAH BLAH

The most disappointing thing about the game hands down is that they neglected to patch over a lot of lame stuff. The fact that you can still zombie hover and ledge clip must mean they never heard of Cosmo in their lives. The man WILL ruin your game if you give him a minute to sit down and figure out what's busted.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
The distance blur effect being removed in exchange for a far more detailed lighting system is probably the biggest improvement. The brightness isn't always handled well, but I think considering it's outdoors on the open sea, it's actually pretty accurate. Either way, I'm super stoked to pick up my physical copy. I absolutely adore the game.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i remember on /v/ a while back there was a thread talking about how there needs to be a game called Kawaii Duty - basically the same **** as COD, except you play as children at the park using weapons like water balloons for grenades or Toilet Paper tubes as guns and stuff with rubber bands as ammo

after getting a killstreak you can call in a juggernaut which in this case would be you riding on the shoulders of your onii~chan smiting the puny children of the earth

10/10 would preorder 40 times and buy 41 times

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
BLAH BLAH BLAH

The most disappointing thing about the game hands down is that they neglected to patch over a lot of lame stuff. The fact that you can still zombie hover and ledge clip must mean they never heard of Cosmo in their lives. The man WILL ruin your game if you give him a minute to sit down and figure out what's busted.

You know Cosmo has only found a small handful of glitches compared to people like SockFolder right?

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
You know Cosmo has only found a small handful of glitches compared to people like SockFolder right?
But Cosmo is more relevant to the Smash community so he obviously matters more.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

The only reason they patched storage was because some idiot did it at a best buy demo RIGHT IN FRONT OF NINTENDO REPRESENTATIVES (the same reason why the infinite sword glitch got patched in Ocarina of Time 3D). Otherwise, they would have left it the way it was. It honestly doesn't matter if a game has glitches or not as long as they're not game breaking, so I wouldn't really call it disappointing. If anything, patching those glitches takes out a lot of the fun.

Top Bottom