• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M SD Card Trouble

Ravi SAngha

Smash Rookie
Hi there! I've played project M on a friends Wii (hackless) and know that I have to Go to stage builder, and PM would usually start there. Seeing I really enjoyed the game, I decided to get a SD card of my own, and try playing it on my Wii. He said that it works with the Wii 2GB sd card they usually have at bestbuy or w/e, and so I got it, downloaded the demo installer, selected Hackless Wii, and followed to prompts. Eventually it said your sd if fully installed or w/e and I could start playing PM. So I inset my SD card (made sure it's unlocked) and went to stage builder. But this time, nothing started, and it simply said "1" underneath SD, I eventually clicked that (knowing nothing else to do) and the game froze. If anyone has any tips, and support, it would be awesome, thanks!

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I would propose trying to follow this guide instead and perhaps checking the troubleshooting question in detail. http://www.ign.com/wikis/smash-bros-project-m/Booting_Project_M

If this does not work, I'd propose just getting on the IRC and getting direct help there. I should be there when I get home from work, which should be at around 21h30 EST, but I'm sure others would be willing to help you.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Did you make sure to delete ALL custom stages from your Wii AND your SD card? A fresh Brawl save will include three custom stages on the SD card. Pop out your SD card, delete any stages on your Wii, reformat your SD card (FAT32), re-run the installer, then try again. If that doesn't work, let us know.

Top Bottom