• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M- Disqofest 2013! - November 16th, 2013 - Irving, TX

Oracle

Smash Master
Disqo Bunny is back in town so that means we have to hold a tournament! Come listen to him talk about living in California, being a dancer, how terrible PM diddy kong is, or knocking over Wallmart shelves. PM singles, PM doubles, and a secret side event!

Schedule: 12:00- Store Opens-
1:30- PM Doubles start
3:00- PM Singles pools start
4:30- Lunch Break
5:30- PM Singles bracket Start
12:00 ish- Store Closes

Rules for PM-
All matches will be played 2/3
8 Minute Timer, 4 Stock games
1. First round will be played on a neutral stage, struck in an alternating fashion (1-1-1-1)
PM Neutral stages- Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland, Pokemon Stadium 2, Smashville
2. After the first match, winning player/team select three stages to ban from all legal stages.
3. Losing team/player then picks stage
4. Winner picks character
5. Loser picks character.
Counterpicks for PM:
Fountain of Dreams
Warioware
Yoshi's Island Brawl
Frigate Ophion
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Green Hill Zone
Skyworld
Castlevania
Skyloft
Port Town Aero Dive

Mr. Wizard's Stupid Rule- no stage may be played on more than once per set, unless agreed upon by both players

Fees:
Venue- $5
Singles- $5
Doubles- $5 per person, $10 per team

Payout:
If 20 or more Entrants
1st- 55%
2nd- 25%
3rd- 15%
4th- 5%

If fewer than 20 entrants
1st- 60%
2nd- 30%
3rd- 10%

Other Rules- applies to all attendees
- don't trash the venue. The owner is a friend of mine and he was nice enough to lend us his store, so don't be a ****.
- you can be loud and whatnot, hype is always appreciated
- food and drink is fine as long as you don't spill. venue has snacks and sodas as well, so buy some there to show your support!

Call/Text me if you have any more questions- 214-914-2134

Invite your friends so we can see a huge turnout!

D

Deleted member

I can definitely go if someone can pick me up and drop me back by my home on that saturday.

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
If I'd known sooner aaaaaaaaaaaah. I'll try to pull some strings, ask some favors, but it'll be hard to get off work with only one week's notice. Which is a shame, because this is going to a [relatively speaking] short trip tournament. Guess we'll see.

D

Deleted member

Oracle is the ruleset on this final? If so I'll prepare the common5 immediately sometime tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

Get that nasty looking toonlink out of here
(Does this mean you're changing your tag to voilet link and playing tink now, if so LOL)

D

Deleted member

Get that nasty looking toonlink out of here
(Does this mean you're changing your tag to voilet link and playing tink now, if so LOL)
Yeno; Maybe.

Update: I still desperately need a ride. I can pay Gas money if someone can carpool me to and from the event.

D

Deleted member

Are you sure? You would double back and it might take upwards to an hour to drive me around.
I don't want to be a burden.
Yep. Already confirmed it with my Mom, she can take us. The only thing that would stop us from going to this is if I died, or she died. But we already know that won't happen, so yeah, I can take you. :)

NoxD

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-2891-1990
I can go to this and get wrecked or I can go to a friend's Smash fest and get wrecked. Oh the choices #scrublife.
This would be my second tournament, and my first PM one, but I might not make it. It would be cool to meet Oracle, though. :bee:

PM main: :ness:

D

Deleted member

Welp, Aliami/Violet isn't going tomorrow due to something, so, does anyone wanna partner up with me?

D

Deleted member

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Why would I ask for an update on how the tournament is going, AS the tournament is starting?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I didn't know this was happening, I think I woulda gone to this instead of tha shrimp 003 had I know, but I def don't regret going to shrimp. That being said, you should do another one of these soon, so I can come. It's only a 4 hour drive, 3 if we can hang with the shreveport people before we carpool.
and if you do, I will ROB ditto you oracle
although I may not be confident enough to MM you at first lol

Top Bottom