• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

April Fools! - Turbo Mode Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Project M

Shared Account

Hello everyone! We hope you all enjoyed our April Fools video, but we're back for real with an exciting announcement:

Turbo Mode is real! This mode will be featured in our next public release of Project M as a new mode selected from the "Special Brawl" menu. This mode, inspired by the popular "Melee Impossible" video, is now a playable reality that gives players the ability to cancel all moves on-hit and upon-shield. As you saw yesterday, this allows for combos so intense, you might say they're TURBO!

However, you'll have to stay creative: Canceling into the same move repeatedly does not work, so be sure to mix up your moves as much as possible to keep up the offensive pressure! Although there's still a few minor details we're working on to complete it, we hope you'll enjoy it as much as we have so far.

Time to go fast!

We hope you enjoyed our little preview of what is to come! To be clear, the PMBR still has quite a bit of work to do before our next public release gets announced, but be sure to follow us on all of our social media outlets to stay updated with the development of Project M!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________​

Hello everyone! We are extremely excited to officially announce that Project M Demo 3.0 is now on its way!

The PMBR has gotten several suggestions from our fans about the direction of our game, and people have voiced out many suggestions that we have taken into heavy consideration and discussed internally. This is our answer: Project M Demo 3.0 - overhauled with a new and improved engine system, specifically designed to speed up gameplay and create even more dynamic combos, giving Project M an overall more fast-paced, action-packed experience for everyone to enjoy!

See the video below for footage of Project M Demo 3.0 in action:
Take advantage and chain your moves wisely to devastate the competition!

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Yo, I'm picking up Marth now.

It's too bad that Game and Watch still sucks. His combos only work on FFers.

Tero.

Smash Champion
IS THAT WHAT YOU WANTED FROM PM?
IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!

On a more serious note I'd really love to have some new infos about demo 3. Why aren't you doing some updates like you were before/like the bawrl dojo did? even if its just small thinks like new recolors...

foshio

Smash Journeyman
Hope the code actually gets released haha... but srsly where da bunk is yoshi

Sarix

Smash Ace
Lol, that was a good April Fool's joke. I like the "When's Marvel?" easily the funniest part of the video for those of us in other fighting game communities.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
It's been pretty hard to keep this under wraps. It's nice not to have to be hush hush about this anymore.

What's really cool about this update is that it levels the playing field in terms of technicality and combo potential -- even the slowest characters now have the capacity to generate combos as fast as your mind and fingers can work. This level of creativity can and hopefully will extend the life of the game for years and give Project M its own unique identity. It's very exciting and liberating!

Fair warning, though, PM 3.0 is somewhat exhausting, I have to drink a couple cups of coffee before I can get up to that level of intensity.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
It's actually not GSC - we did look at that for some initial coding guidance but ultimately recoded a brand new engine (dubbed the "TURBO engine"). There are several subtleties to the system's mechanics that you guys might not be able to detect just by watching the video which we'll cover in a future 3.0 news post.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I saw this and was like "Oh ****."

But then the thread page was loading and then I was like "Oh wait it's everybody is a ****ing liar day"

I don't think any other joke is topping this one though.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
On my honor you are really looking at snippets of 3.0. You will be able to pull off everything in this video and more, although it'll be a little trickier with a properly DIing / SDIing opponent. We tried to put this video out earlier in the month to avoid confusion but... you know how the PMBR is with release dates :<

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Demo 3.0 is going to bring a whole new dimension of smash to the table. A whole new way to play smash- get hype!

Really had a lot of fun playtesting the TURBO engine. Looking forward to what the top contenders come up with in tournaments once Demo 3.0 releases!

B.W.

Smash Champion
I actually really want the codes to make the game play like this. Looks way too fun.

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
Excellent. Now all you need to do is get rid of l-canceling, and use health bars so we can have a real fighting game without any unnecessary skill burdens. And change all the voices to japanese and make nude skins for all the females default so I can masturbate since I'll never feel the touch of another person.

Sarix

Smash Ace
A lot of the comboing patterns actually remind me of the gatling system from GG and BB; which I wouldn't lie would make the game more interesting to actually have combo routes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom