• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Art Tuesday - New Results Screen!

KhanYe

Smash Journeyman
In this week's rendition of Project M Art Tuesday, the Project M Dev Team is showcasing the brand new Results screen for version 3.5. It's definitely a nice contrast from the previous all black screen in v3.02.

Hats off to the interior decorator of the PM Dev Team, very in vogue style.
As you can see, there's a very minimalistic, elegant purple grid on the floor of the results screen, which really brings out the pop in Toon Link's outfit. In all seriousness though, it seems as though the PM Dev Team is pulling out all the stops to create the prettiest, most complete looking version of the game thus far. What do you guys think of the new results screen?

Here's a video of it in action!

KhanYe likes the color purple. If you too are a fan of the color purple, or feel as if though purple is an entirely overrated color, come discuss with me on Twitter @ayyou9.

Last edited:

Sir Skaro

Smash Apprentice
Reminiscent of the checkered floor from 64's Results scene. Much joy was had on this day. Thank you, PM Dev Team.

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
Ok that's better than the black and boring background, i'm ok with this.
Off-topic: New Mario Kart 8 DLC includes Link, Villager and Isabelle, also new tracks :link:

Last edited:

C_Mill24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C-Mill24
3DS FC
3609-1632-1621
A definite improvement over the last results screen. I get it was supposed to be like Melee, but it didn't really work.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
not something that bothered me, but hey, it's an improvement anyways. good job, but not really worth the update imo.

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
Hm, it's nice to see that the results screen's having something in it, rather than nothing with pitch-black alone. :ohwell:

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Personally, it needs more color, but I'm good with what it has to offer. I have to say, it looks like a mix of the black screen from Melee, and the checker floor from the N64.

Morbi

Scavenger
Interesting, as a fan of purple I approve. It is a small detail, but I cannot lie, it is important. That was one aspect of Project M that really bothered me. The all black screen made it blatantly overt that it was a mod, not a very good one either. Project M deserves better than that, it is the only mod of anything that I have ever bothered to download. So the detail is well appreciated from my end. It is one step closer to being the best Smash. ;)

D

Deleted member

i am a competitive smasher
but why is this game so popular.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
...meh. It's all right.

Now, PMBR. Can you give the fighters better victory animations?
This, all the way. Minus really floored me with theirs, such as Falcon wagging his finger and shaking his head "nope" at the screen, defeated ROB lying in pieces on the floor, defeated Dedede with his jaw on the floor like in Gourmet Race, Ganon flying around the screen like an airplane... there're so many awesome ones and funny references that P:M players miss out on; we should have our own!

Last edited:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
i am a competitive smasher
but why is this game so popular.
I think ppl were scared of Brawl MK or something :D

Cool results screen, if you are into this game anyway.

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
It's a really nice hybrid of Melee's result screen and Smash 64's, just looking at this has the Smash 64 results screen music playing in my head.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Why change it at all, brawls is far more interesting. And why take warios bike from his results animation

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I like it; it's almost an homage of sorts to both Brawl and Melee, while still distinctive. It's quintessential P:M.
Clapping gif.gif

Top Bottom