• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Art Tuesday - Animation Revamps!

KhanYe

Smash Journeyman
In this week's edition of Project M Art Tuesday, the PMDT did something a little bit different than usual. Instead of rolling out the usual new alt costume, the PMDT decided to showcase some new animation work done by animators camelot, FireBallStars, and SilentDoom! There's a multitude of new stylized revamps for a few characters, starting with our favorite not-Dragon-type, Charizard.

Well, that was a Fairly cool change to make!

Forward Smash? Warlock Punch? Taunt? What is happening?

These PMDT animators have really set the Bair high! Sorry for that one...

Ganondorf doing a little twirl for his UTilt.

Roy takes his time pointing his sword with this revamp.

That hesitation though.

Pit does a little spin of joy!

Falcon clenches his fists!
As per usual, the PMDT continues to raise their own standards for the new update of Project M. Between Falcon's new run and Charizard's new forward air, there's a plethora of new animation changes for the new version that look much crisper than their past iterations. A special thanks must given to camelot, FireBallStars, and SilentDoom for their work on the game. What moves do you think need a change in look? Which change do you like the best? How excited are you for the new version of Project M?

Here's the link to all of the new animations!

KhanYe isn't sure if he's more excited for Smash 4 or PM v3.5. Discuss with me on Twitter @rbdayman!

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
...Ehhh, I'm alittle iffy about Falcon's new dash. It really looked like he was wooshing all over the stage with little ease. I feel like this new sprint is making him more similar to Ganondorf...and we all know what havoc would happen if we get a Ganoncon......

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Pit's got a shoryuken, also Ganon's new up tilt animation looks very Tekken.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
all these gifs almost crashed my page
My browser actually crashed trying to load dat Ganondorf animations, they should put them in spoiler tags.

Anyway I haven't played P:M in a while but after seeing those Charizard and Roy animations I want to install it again when 3.5 comes out.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
May want to tweak that OP a little ;D

Yes, he should definately keep his hands open.

Again, floooow. :4falcon: He doesn't run like the wind, he is the wind. He isn't a train about to run you over :4ganondorf:, but a sprinting professional athlete with flame powers...

Last edited:

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Two things I want for Charizard/Lizardon.

1. His Weak Attack from Brawl. I hate Weak Attacks that only do one move(like Ganondorf's Thunderpunch).

2. His running animation from Pikachu's Vacation.

I liked Falcon's old animation better, it made him look a like a Japanese hero.
He wasn't originally meant to be a Japanese hero. He was meant to be an American Anti-Hero, like Judge Dredd.

Last edited:

GoldHazard

Smash Apprentice
In PMBR we trust.

Animations look great. I'm glad SilentDoom posted on the subreddit saying that Captain Falcon was keeping his hands open during the run animation, rather than clenched fists. Looks more fitting.

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
Now that Lucas, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Snake, Squirtle and Ivysaur are gone from SSB4, I totally think these guys need some more love on Project M!

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
As a runner, I feel that I should mention the difference between clenching your fists/leaving your hands open.

Many studies have shown that leaving your hands open while running allows you to run faster for longer. Some speculate that it has to do with the aerodynamics of having an open hand versus a clenched fist, or just simply because the area on your hands are cooler/less sweaty when they are open rather than clenched. Many runners, before even seeing studies like this, seem to also agree. That is probably why ungodly fast runners in cartoons or games, as well as real burst runners, seem to run with their hands open. It just makes more sense and makes the process seem more natural.

So maybe you should keep Captain Falcon's hands open. Or as my super srs friend says "only plebs or sissy power walkers clench their hands while trying to go fast! If there aren't weights in your hands, then your hands should be open." But I totes agree with that too.

Last edited:

Marakatu

Smash Ace

1. His Weak Attack from Brawl. I hate Weak Attacks that only do one move(like Ganondorf's Thunderpunch).

2. His running animation from Pikachu's Adventure.

He wasn't originally meant to be a Japanese hero. He was meant to be an American Anti-Hero, like Judge Dredd.
Rider Punch: check.
Rider Kick: check.
Ridiculous taunt pose: check.
Gratuitous English catchphrase: yes!

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones

2. His running animation from Pikachu's Adventure.

Charizard's jab is arguably one of, if not his singular best spacing tool. His 3 hit jab in brawl was terrible. I have no idea why you'd want a crappy 3 hit jab over a singular hit jab that you can just spam for a 3 hit combo if you'd like.

Last edited:

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
tbh, I'm not seeing much of a difference in some of these.
(Prepares the flame shield ;_; )

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
These look good, but I KINDA prefer the old Falcon run as mentioned by previous posts. The hands do make a difference IMHO.

WaveDashCash

Smash Apprentice
If only the actual games would revamp the characters like this. There's never enough time to do it all. That Falcon is amazing.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
uhhh ok, not really necessary if you ask me, but nice to see them work out the little things like these.

Top Bottom