• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6 Online via Dolphin Netplay Setup + Optimization Guide

NotoriousS98

Smash Rookie
Uhmm I'm really unfamiliar with macs but it looks like it can't read the file properly.. you could try messaging Kascade on smashladder.com, he made it.
He hasn't been online since June of 2014. Any other way I could obtain help?

ARBITER WARPIG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ARBITERWARPIG
For some reason i can't connect with anyone even people from my region. And they said they had perfect matches earlier that day. WTF?

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
Does the netplay version have the new support for the wii u adapter? If not, will we ever get to use it?

Y-L

Smash Champion
Does the netplay version have the new support for the wii u adapter? If not, will we ever get to use it?
It natively supports it. Pretty sure you can use the adapter right now if you get the drivers.

It most likely is me, and no i cannot host matches.
Try making an exception in your firewall otherwise you might have to port forward..

Y-L

Smash Champion
By the way, i have an Nvidia graphics card in my PC yet it always lags in PM.
NVIDIA graphics card doesn't say anything.. it could be a low end one or a high end one. Emulation doesn't rely on GPU anyways like pc games, it's all cpu. So your processor is the important part not so much graphics card.

FritoTheDemon

Smash Rookie
I need help. I've been playing PM just fine by myself and decided to play on Netplay today. I played one game just fine, and since then I can't connect to anybody else and they can't connect to me. I didn't change any settings from the game that worked. I don't know what happens on the other end, but when I try to join someone's game, nothing happens for a while, and then an error box comes up and says "Disconnected." All my dolphin settings match the ones on this post, and I don't know what else would be relevant to the problem, but I'll definitely post any information that someone asks for. Thanks.

infernozeal

Smash Rookie
So I guess I'm in the minority in this thread since I'm not using the netplay build on dolphin. Anyways, I used the offline build linked at the very top of the post so that I could use it in wiiflow (im using an Iso since it doesnt recognize large cheat code files, making this the only viable option unless if I use cfg loader). The game loads and works perfectly fine, however it doesn't recognize the save file on my Wii. The save worked when I just loaded the files without touching the iso in cfg loader. How I make it work with my save file, is there something wrong with my I so or is this normal?

Y-L

Smash Champion
Just an announcement guys, for the OFFLINE ONLY iso builder, event mode now works properly.

Y-L

Smash Champion
My processor is: AMD A-8 5550M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 2.10 GHz

is this too weak to run PM netplay? I don't understand how to compare with OP's min requirements.
Your specs are on the weak side. It's based on single threaded performance so you can compare by typing (your cpu) vs (cpu you want to compare with) then check the single thread performance.

NNID
Shado_Chimera
3DS FC
2019-9854-8378
Your specs are on the weak side. It's based on single threaded performance so you can compare by typing (your cpu) vs (cpu you want to compare with) then check the single thread performance.
I don't know what single threaded performance is. Can you please explain it to me?

Do I have to have it run at exactly 60fps to use netplay? If not, what can I get away with?

Y-L

Smash Champion
I don't know what single threaded performance is. Can you please explain it to me?

Do I have to have it run at exactly 60fps to use netplay? If not, what can I get away with?
Single threaded performance is how fast a single core of your CPU is.

You need 60 fps to play because when emulating, running under 60 fps will be in slow motion.

dyno900

Smash Rookie
"5) Run winmd5 and verify the md5 checksum. If it is correct (4b4e034a9b984aed663f00cc155c18cd), set up Dolphin and you are all set!"

Maybe it would be easier if you specify what winmd5 has to checksum, didn't see what i had to check untill i fullscreened the image below. just say:"and check the project m community.iso file or something would be awesome!
Nice guide thanks alot.

bwhipps

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble building the ISO on Mac when I run the python script through Terminal, if anyone has any advice on where I'm going wrong that would be great thanks.

Last edited:

Fluxify

Smash Rookie
I need some help.

When trying to build the Project M iso. I get one of two problems.

If I run it as admin, it cannot find the projectm/pf folder, even though it is in the directory, like so :

However, the folder is in the root directory :

If I DO NOT run as Admin, it does find the folder, yet I get Error #27, and I have no idea what that means :

It keeps repeating that same line of text indefinitely.

If someone could help me out, that'd be amazing. Thanks (:

D

Deleted member

Just curious, why is Stamina type changing removed in this version? (Ver 3 Doesn't work)

Y-L

Smash Champion
Just curious, why is Stamina type changing removed in this version? (Ver 3 Doesn't work)
Nothing is removed, just some things aren't working properly. Hopefully I'll have this sorted out whenever the next PM update is but it's not worth getting the whole community to update their iso for stamina / all star mode.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Hello, I downloaded both the Brawl Iso and the PM netplay folder, I played the Iso in the folder and Ran Build_ISO_v3.5.bat but it the "Project M community" Iso doesn't seem to appear, I redownloaded both files but the situation repeated itself. Any help please?

Y-L

Smash Champion
Hello, I downloaded both the Brawl Iso and the PM netplay folder, I played the Iso in the folder and Ran Build_ISO_v3.5.bat but it the "Project M community" Iso doesn't seem to appear, I redownloaded both files but the situation repeated itself. Any help please?
What errors are you getting in your builder? You shouldn't be talking about pirating isos. Try running as administrator and making sure you have enough hard drive room.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
When I run the Build_Iso I tend to get "System cannot find the path specified" - projectm/pf/info/portrite/InfFace272-3-4 etc.

Fluxify

Smash Rookie
Run as administrator if that doesn't work it might be your iso.
Could you check out my problem above? I've been trying to fix it, and I still avent gotten a solution. Any ideas what Error #27 is?

Fudgepop01

Smash Rookie
ohey - it's my bDay too... o3o

Anyway, Y-L, it appears that the Mac/Linux builder link has disappeared off the face of the earth.

Last edited:

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
What specs are recommended for playing Project M in 1080p at 60FPS with no lag? I plan to get a laptop soon and want to be able to play Project M with it.

Y-L

Smash Champion
What specs are recommended for playing Project M in 1080p at 60FPS with no lag? I plan to get a laptop soon and want to be able to play Project M with it.
Get a 3rd/4th gen i5/i7 processor. The cpu is most important.

Kbra

Smash Rookie
Hey guys every time i try to load project m from my sd card on configurable usb loader it just loads brawl, i tried putting ocarina cheats on and putting hook type VBI and AnNextFrame, and it still only loads brawl, will it work with this iso builder?
and i suppose if i want to change to brawl im gonna need another iso of brawl right. weights double....

Top Bottom