• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.02 Released! (Changelog in post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The patches are intended to resolve bugs only, not to provide new content. No more costumes until another more major release.

Last edited:

JRC LSS

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't a big fan of the color bars, so it was good to see the CSPs nice and clean again. The names really should be moved back down, but I'm sure that'll be taken care of later. The rematch thing's a nice touch too.

I'm still confused about the point of the stage select reset though. After selecting the stage, I quickly hold LRA but nothing happens, so apparently I'm too slow. I've only been able to get it to work when I'm holding down L and R before I select a stage, but at that point, I could've just pressed B. Am I missing something here that makes this addition useful, or is it just another "because melee" thing?

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
i really hope you guys can get the poketrio to be capable of having a final smash in the near future. it sucks when im playing for fun against my friends' snake, sonic, and lucario with my poor zard when a smash ball comes out. i have to be the "if i cant have one no one will" guy or risk losing a stock. loving the progress though keep it up <3

Skimchee

Smash Hobo
Jcaesar said they are using 3.02 for Apex from his Twitter. Probably more bug fixes, but I'm surprised the official announcement of 3.02 wasn't first.

Galen The Wise

Smash Apprentice
Jcaesar said they are using 3.02 for Apex from his Twitter. Probably more bug fixes, but I'm surprised the official announcement of 3.02 wasn't first.
Does that mean those files are actually for the 3.02 patch? 'Cause if so, I want to download that ASAP.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I tried updating from the launcher and it doesn't work, I'll try downloading from the site and see if the files were updated.

Galen The Wise

Smash Apprentice
I tried updating from the launcher and it doesn't work, I'll try downloading from the site and see if the files were updated.
I'll do the same soon. I'd like to see if this is actual a real deal instead of just adding extra files for no reason. If anything stands out, details please, sir.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
It looks like the only thing updated since 3.01 was the boot.elf, I think boot.elf would be the launcher so I'll go check out any differences. Maybe we can switch between Full and Wifi now.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
So I'm assuming then the launcher really looks the same but probably fixes more issues within the new launcher menu. Helpful nonetheless.
I hope this new launcher works because the only computer I have with a SD reader is my laptop so it takes forever to do anything.

Galen The Wise

Smash Apprentice
I hope this new launcher works because the only computer I have with a SD reader is my laptop so it takes forever to do anything.
I hope so as well then. PM is quite amazing and it'd be a shame if you weren't able to enjoy it. I run PM through my Wii like any old Joe I suppose.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I hope so as well then. PM is quite amazing and it'd be a shame if you weren't able to enjoy it. I run PM through my Wii like any old Joe I suppose.
Alright, download is done. Now I just need to load up Brawl and.... wait..... where did my cursor go? WAIT.... MY BATTERIES ARE DEAD!!!

EDIT: Got new batteries, apparently 3.02 came with Laucher 1.03 and there is an update you can get through the launcher (yay! it works!) for launcher 1.04. What are the changes? I dunno...

EDIT 2: The CSPs are fixed so that the names aren't sticking in the middle of the portraits.

Last edited:

Galen The Wise

Smash Apprentice
Alright, download is done. Now I just need to load up Brawl and.... wait..... where did my cursor go? WAIT.... MY BATTERIES ARE DEAD!!!

EDIT: Got new batteries, apparently 3.02 came with Laucher 1.03 and there is an update you can get through the launcher (yay! it works!) for launcher 1.04. What are the changes? I dunno...

EDIT 2: The CSPs are fixed so that the names aren't sticking in the middle of the portraits.
I see. Well this is good news. We'll have to search for some noticeable changes - I'll start downloading the new files.

Galen The Wise

Smash Apprentice
The game still freezes when you beat classic mode with Yoshi so that's still not fixed
I wonder if tournament mode works yet. Probably not. I remember that people were saying that their game would freeze after choosing characters. I'm adding the files to my SD card so I'll be on soon to look for myself.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I wonder if tournament mode works yet. Probably not. I remember that people were saying that their game would freeze after choosing characters. I'm adding the files to my SD card so I'll be on soon to look for myself.
nope, it still sends you to rotation to avoid freezes.

Galen The Wise

Smash Apprentice
nope, it still sends you to rotation to avoid freezes.
Unfortunate, but oh well. Why is that when I play boss mode I hear character attacks/noises outside of mine? For the first boss I heard Roy and I believe a bit of Marth. Weird. Hidden troll by PMBR?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Unfortunate, but oh well. Why is that when I play boss mode I hear character attacks/noises outside of mine? For the first boss I heard Roy and I believe a bit of Marth. Weird. Hidden troll by PMBR?
Actually in order to get Roy and Mewtwo to have sound effects, they needed to replace the boss's sounds. I believe Galleom is Mewtwo and Duon is Roy.

Galen The Wise

Smash Apprentice
Actually in order to get Roy and Mewtwo to have sound effects, they needed to replace the boss's sounds. I believe Galleom is Mewtwo and Duon is Roy.
That is very very interesting. I find that funny but still intriguing. I love that on some on the events you can't win since some of the stages have been altered. So far none of them have crashed.

Galen The Wise

Smash Apprentice
The turbo mode curry item either has ungodly long duration or stays active until you're hit.
I just put a stop watch on Turbo items. About 19-20 actual seconds before the fade. Perhaps the time is increased if you're successful in landing attacks.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I just put a stop watch on Turbo items. About 19-20 actual seconds before the fade. Perhaps the time is increased if you're successful in landing attacks.
I just went in training mode and picked up the turbo item, had player 2 hit me the second I picked it up and the second he hit me the item disappeared.

Galen The Wise

Smash Apprentice
I just went in training mode and picked up the turbo item, had player 2 hit me the second I picked it up and the second he hit me the item disappeared.
I'm pretty sure if you can hit the opponent while having the item the amount of time you have jumps up at least a second or two. Could be mistaken but I'm pretty freakin' sure. Roy's final smash looks good - I tested the frame rate drop against three A.I.'s and the game held up surprisingly well. So that's good. I still am curious about how to switch from Wifi to Fullset on the fly.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure if you can hit the opponent while having the item the amount of time you have jumps up at least a second or two. Could be mistaken but I'm pretty freakin' sure. Roy's final smash looks good - I tested the frame rate drop against three A.I.'s and the game held up surprisingly well. So that's good. I still am curious about how to switch from Wifi to Fullset on the fly.
I don't think the Full/Wifi switch thing has been implemented yet :(. hopefully it will be soon though because then I would never have to use my Laptop again.

Galen The Wise

Smash Apprentice
I don't think the Full/Wifi switch thing has been implemented yet :(. hopefully it will be soon though because then I would never have to use my Laptop again.
My thoughts exactly. Sure I'm grateful to have PM but the having to re-download and all that good jazz is rather tedious. Sure do hope it will be added soon as well. That would sure make things much easier.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
For some reason, on every page that isn't the download page it says Developer version: 13983, but on the download page, it says developer version: 13984.

Galen The Wise

Smash Apprentice
For some reason, on every page that isn't the download page it says Developer version: 13983, but on the download page, it says developer version: 13984.
That's curious. Must be some sort of a typo perhaps? Logically that's all I could think of.

PaRappa the Rapper

Smash Cadet
THERE IS NONE! YAY! It's apparently been out since yesterday and nobody has noticed it.
Woah. Well, I won't update my build until it's announced. This might be an unfinished update that has been mistakenly uploaded by the PMBR(?), the site version is different on the download section compared to the other tabs on the site as you said so.

Edit: It seems like it's only a launcher update https://twitter.com/ProjectMelee/status/422586918379872256

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Woah. Well, I won't update my build until it's announced. This might be an unfinished update that has been mistakenly uploaded by the PMBR(?), the site version is different on the download section compared to the other tabs on the site as you said so.
Standardtoaster (of the PMBR) just confirmed on the social thread that this update is the real deal.

Revven

FrankerZ
I don't think it's just the launcher that was updated, the .zips were updated too and usually when that happens it means some key files were updated too. I wouldn't be surprised if a Kirby hat was fixed or something.

Galen The Wise

Smash Apprentice
I don't think it's just the launcher that was updated, the .zips were updated too and usually when that happens it means some key files were updated too. I wouldn't be surprised if a Kirby hat was fixed or something.
That actually is one of the changes from what I have read.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Standardtoaster (of the PMBR) just confirmed on the social thread that this update is the real deal.
The name heights on CSPs were lowered to where they should be now that color bars are gone. Kirby Lucario hat canceling aura sphere no longer freezes you in place. Roy's final smash no longer has him invisible if you clank the attack. Falco fsmash charge gfx are now properly on his feet.

That is the entire 3.02 changelist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom