• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Priority Shennanigans

Chickenmcdonky

Smash Cadet
So in the past couple of days I've had these things happen. All of them frustrating to the max.

1. Doctor Mario freed himself from spark shock with his dAir. Even though i landed the initial hit.

2. Captain Falcon flat out ATE a slide kick with his jab combo.

3. Robin interrupted carefully placed lemons with Arial Levin sword blows. (Apparently the hitbox for it generates before the sword is fully drawn. Or at least that's what it looked like)

4. Yoshi TANKED a hard knuckle without flinching while recovering.

I have no intention of putting Megaman down. He's fantastic and my favorite character by far. But holy crap this game's priority levels are all over the place.

Also a Jigglypuff nAir combo'd me with her back turned. I really hate those falling kick nAirs.

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
yoshi has armor on his double jump, he's always had that :p as far as the other complaints, i'd have to see the situation to be able to explain what happened.

Chickenmcdonky

Smash Cadet
yoshi has armor on his double jump, he's always had that :p as far as the other complaints, i'd have to see the situation to be able to explain what happened.
I know he has armor on his second jump. I just think it's stupid that he has THAT MUCH. Getting him into a spikeable position is already rare enough. To have a golden kill opportunity cheesed away from me like that feels stupid.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
"4. Yoshi TANKED a hard knuckle without flinching while recovering" I laughed so hard at this cause it happened to me when fighting my sparring partner the other day.

He was right below the edge, i hit the HK and he just took it like a champ. Super armor is actually made of this:

Last edited:

Greward

Smash Lord
Yoshi's DJ hyper armor prevents him from flinching from hard knuckle until some higher % (like 60-80 maybe). This is not priority based tho, just knockback based.
Most of those aren't priority shenanigans at all. Normal aerial attacks don't interrupt normal grounded attacks (unless something special like pikmin attacks or pellets), so it's just that Dr Mario got out of the up smash hitbox by DIing or something then hit you with his own dair.
Captain Falcon's jab has stupid range and kinda stops everything we throw at him while jab spamming lol But i think it depends more on positioning, sometimes you will trade hits if hes jabbing while you slide.
Pellets have low priority like most projectiles and thus get stopped by most other attacks, but this happens with pretty much all other projectiles (all of Mega Man's but Fsmash and Up Air cause they ignore other hitboxes).

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I've found that when using MM's projectiles not much stops them (Metal Blade, Lemons, and Crash Bomb). I think his projectiles have so much priority that many of his melee moves lack it in compensation. The only projectiles that give me trouble are chargable ones like Samus and Lucario.

Top Bottom