• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Power of the Fairy Type: Sylveon for SSB4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Pikachu has hands. They're kinda stubby, but they're still hands.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Bumping this thread because I have a new-found interest in Sylveon. Since Rosalina managed to get in, I feel like shooting in the dark for other characters that no one expects. Sylveon would be a Gen VI rep, it represents the new Fairy type and the Eevee family, it was one of the most discussed Pokemon earlier this year (possibly when Sakurai was still deciding the roster), and I think it could be interesting as a quadruped character (the only other quadruped character we've seen is Ivysaur) with Fairy type moves. Like other people have said in this thread, I think Sylveon could use its ribbons for attacking and grabbing. I know that many Pokemon are far higher on everyone's priority list for playable characters (namely Mewtwo and Lucario), and so I don't expect Sylveon, but I am a big fan of the Fairy type and I think it would be a neat idea. Though, if it just became a Pokeball Pokemon that uses Moonblast, I'd be cool with that too.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I like to add that Sylveon is a important pokémon in the anime, being the first generation VI pokémon to debut IN THE ANIME (yes, he appeared in Pikachu Short 25 that debuted before the Genesect- Mewtwo movie), much like Lucario. This can be used as an argument.
AND he was the first pokémon besides the starters and legendary mascots to be revealed and has obtained his own reveal/teaser trailer. Also, he was used to promote the new fairy type, being revealed very early of the fairy type anoouncement, making everyone confused and arguig with Sylveon's type was, he was used to PROMOTE the next pokémon generation, A VERY IMPORTANT THING
Also, some images to add pixie lights for this thread

Those are all official artworks/anime screenshots

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Dang, I love Sylveon so much, but I kind of doubt her chances. She's got some fierce competition from Mewtwo. I would be perfectly happy with her inclusion though, if we could have both, I'd be happier.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The best choice for a gen VI standalone IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom