• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible new tech? The kara drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xevshak

Smash Rookie
NNID
Xevshak
So I don't have any video of it as of now, but I'll try to get that up soon. The basic rundown of the tech is if you're on the last use of one of your tomes or your Levin, you activate it facing away from the opponent right before they attack you. If they're going for a grab, you can activate it even 1 frame before getting grabbed, and you'll hit them with your discarded tome or Levin, allowing for a nice follow up for more damage. If they're going for a normal you'll want to activate it with enough time for the move to finish and then the discarded tome or Levin will either hit them or clank their attack, leaving them open for a counterattack. I've found this to be a useful defensive tech and it really helps me against the faster characters in the roster, like shiek. I'll try and clean this post up later and add video and whatnot.

eyejayy

Smash Cadet
This technique was something i've always encountered on accident. A visual evidence of this is in my latest match, at around the 1:00 mark.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
This is known, doesn't really warrant its own thread. It's just kind of a natural application of eject mechanics.

Appreciate the effort though! Feel free to take further discussion to the gameplay thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom