• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon XY Multi-Battle Tournament, mid-November (TBD)

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Hello,

I'm thinking of hosting a tournament for Pokemon XY. It's going to be a multi-battle tournament, which means it's a team match (2v2).

So, here are the rules (I'm going to base it off of some of the official tournament set up by TPC):

• Players will be able to choose 3 Pokemon for a total of 6 per team. No duplicates are allowed.
  • Pokemon found in the Kalos Pokedex and National Dex in general are allowed with some exceptions
  • No Items are banned
  • Pokémon cannot be nicknamed with the name of another Pokémon.
  • Pokemon will be set to Level 50
  • Mega Evolutions are allowed
  • The move Sky Drop is banned
  • Pokemon in the Uber tier are not allowed, such as Mewtwo, Xerneas and Yveltal.
  • Garchomp is allowed :)
  • Wobbuffet and Wynaut isn't :(
Clauses:Species Clause and Self-KO Clause
Players on each team are allowed to have their Pokemon hold the same items as long as it isn't their own set of Pokemon. For example, Player 1's Charizard cannot hold Quick Claw if another Pokemon in their set hold that same item. Any of their Partner's set can hold that same item as long as it's 1 of the same item.
This is going to be a small tournament, so I'm setting the limit to 10 teams for a total of 20 participants*
The tournament is likely to be held in the evening, after 7PM on a weekend in mid-late November. This will be played over the internet. Players can communicate with each other via Skype or any preferred VOIP if they choose to do so.
Any disconnections with result in an immediate disqualification.
This is a work in progress, so please understand if there are any minor changes to rule sets.
If you'd like to sign up for a spot, please post with your 3DS Friend Code. Please keep in mind, anyone with a team already created will be given priority. If you apply for a spot and you lack a partner, I cannot guarantee a spot for you. If you'd like to help out with setting up the tournament, feel free to send me a PM. I'd appreciate any help.
*= Amount of participants subject to change
Thanks ya'll <3

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Pro tip: I recommend catching Pokemon at the Friend Safari. Apparently Pokemon there have near flawless IVs and a good chance of hidden abilities.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
2 perfect IVs, but i need friends to use this ;-(

Tbh gonna port my perfect IVs gen 4 team when the bank comes in december, though dunno if they will be legal with perfect IVs, but not relevant for this event.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
This is simply a preliminary tournament. It isn't anything serious. Just for fun.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
There going to be a team listing somewhere on this thread? I may have a partner in mind.

Yes. So far, I haven't been told who participants are teaming up with. Until then, no space has been taken. To be guaranteed a spot, you must have a team mate.

Once you have a team mate (and optionally, a team name), you can post it here or PM me.

I'll form a list of participants on the OP so that way people are aware of how many spots are left.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
It is. The date is set for November 30th. I'm getting rulesets together. There are going to be a change that will work around everyone's schedule.

Top Bottom