• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Stadium 2: Ice Stage Thunderslide *VIDEO INSIDE*

xoxokev

Smash Lord
Hey Lucas Board!

I was recently doing some testing with Ness' PK Thunder on Pokemon Stadium 2, and came across something that would be very helpful for Lucas. It occurs when the Ice stage appears...

When sliding on the Ice, you can use any of Ness' Lucas' specials while still sliding. If you treat it the same way you would when you are Thundersliding, you get the same effect.

I'll make a vid very soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WajFKrCRphY

NOTE: Pivot PK Firing while sliding on the ice is also very useful

EDIT: I'm in the process of making the vid right now
EDIT2: Video is up

_Void_

Smash Cadet
Do you mean that you can instantly PKT2 on the ice transformation? o.o
*runs off to the Wii, testing xD*
I've always loved PS2 as a CP for Lucas, but this would make it even better. Way better. (If I understood you correctly xD)
:073:

xoxokev

Smash Lord
Yes, its ALMOST instant. It is the same effect you from Thundersliding, except you'd be on the ground instead of mid air

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Hey, you. No pokeymanz outside of the ******** ********.

You know what I'm talkin' about.

Anyway, this could be big. I hope. I wish I could test stuff out on my Wii right now. :crying:

When I get home, I'ma test out all characters' sliding specials on Ice.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
When I get home, I'ma test out all characters' sliding specials on Ice.
This would probably be helpful for Bowser and Charizard also, since they can breath fire while sliding

EDIT: Yeah, the conveyor belts would probably be so much **** in FFA's :)

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I've known about this for some time. It's a great way to kill yourself on ice if you're not careful. Sliding Dsmashes are the best. If you're running full speed on ice and PKT2 you'll hit yourself straight into the ground and can do sliding flexkicks which are hilarious. Conveyer belts are slightly more useful. Just bear in mind this trick is only going to work once at best.

Neon Ness

I've known about this for some time.
You don't have to put this at the beginning of all of your posts...

I wonder how much Luigi slides on ice. :laugh: On a more serious note, I think I'll try sliding PSI Magnets with this and see if I can hit with it more often. Also can't wait to test this out with Sonic. :sonic: I'll be surprised if he doesn't benefit from this at least in some small way.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Awesome ^_^ It looks sudden and gives off 24%+ damage!
PS2 isn't considered to be a banned stage, right.....?

Also can you dtilt infinite someone in the rock formation? :D

xoxokev

Smash Lord
Try: Yes I thought this might have been already known, it's such a simple concept. But I didn't see any threads about it on the first or second page... So I posted this. And yes it is great for killing yourself as the first one shows in my vid lol. It was also kind of hard, I did multiple floorblasts before I figured out how to do it correctly.

FireKirby: I don't know if PS2 is banned, but I know PS1 is more popular in the tournament scene. Also, yes, you can dtilt lock on the rock formation - with Ness at least, but I believe Lucas can do it as well

Chuee

Smash Hero
Also can't wait to test this out with Sonic. :sonic: I'll be surprised if he doesn't benefit from this at least in some small way.
Sonic usmash would **** a** on ice. I wonder how far snakes DAC would go on ice........
Anyways this could make PS2 i great CP for lucas. That thunderslide on conveyer belt would be very useful for FFA.

Chuee

Smash Hero
This gives me an idea. This could probably also be done on Pictochat when the cloud guy is blowing you to the left.
or on green greens :)
EDIT:
Stages lucas can thunderslide w/out dashing off edge.
.summit
.PS2 (ice and conveyer belt)
.pictochat (when man is blowing)
i'lll test more later

lil cj

Smash Lord
That was cool!
This makes me think that maybe thunderslide could be used on the ground
If u time it right and angle a certain way....PKT can hit Lucas as soon as it comes out then you could do an instant thunderslide
That would be a breakthrough for Lucas
We could call it Thunder Illusion(like Fox and Falco's side b) or keep it simple Instant Thunderslide:)
I will test this out

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Or how about predicting a Toon Link to use dair, his dair's wind effect will push Lucas to his PKT. It would make him feel stupid, and doesn't Lucas PKT2 give off 30%+ damage? It would be awesome to nail someone with this. XD Or maybe you can have Toon Link as a partner in doubles for easy instant PKT2s. :)

xoxokev

Smash Lord
Yes that would be very cool. Lol but if you had Toon Link as your partner in doubles and did it, you'd HAVE to hit him as well :)

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Well can you Tap/Smash DI out of Lucas PKT2? It is a multi hit attack.

BTW I'll go try it out on a Basic Brawl or something, see how well it works. :D

EDIT: Yes you can smash DI out of it but Toon Link will take 24% damage. You think its worth it?

Levitas

the moon
Well can you Tap/Smash DI out of Lucas PKT2? It is a multi hit attack.

BTW I'll go try it out on a Basic Brawl or something, see how well it works. :D

EDIT: Yes you can smash DI out of it but Toon Link will take 24% damage. You think its worth it?
If you do it right, Tlink takes 10 damage, but that's a nuts technical thing.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
i don't understand the TL thingy
tell me if i'm right
TL is on the left, Lucas is on the right
TL dair, and Lucas uses PKT
wind makes Lucas to thunderslide
PKT2 moves to the left, hitting TL
TL escapes with SDI

does the wind effect affect Lucas with friendly fire on and of?
a video would be nice

i still think that G&W's uair would be better to this kind of thundersliding

Neon Ness

Yosh. That's why I banned myself from using Lucas in 2 vs 2s from now on.

Always KOing my teammate, y'know...

Top Bottom