• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon #286, Breloom. The Mushroom Pokemon's Support Thread for SSB4! Get Your Signatures Ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So I have a moveset, but only the specials right now.

Neutral Special: Power-Up Punch - Breloom winds up and punches hard. If the move connects, Breloom will get a temporary power buff.

Side Special: Seed Bomb - Breloom throws/fires off an explosive seed, which functions similarly to a Deku Nut in Brawl. Can daze opponents, and is very potent when combined with Power-Up Punch's power buff, both before and after the buff.

Up Special: Sky Uppercut - Breloom throws a punch skyward, sending him into the air. If it hits an opponent, it hits multiple times while Breloom rises.

Down Special: Stone Edge - Breloom punches the ground around him, sending rocks flying up on both sides. If attacked, the rocks will block stronger attacks and pierce weaker ones. If in the air, Breloom will spawn a rock and smash it downwards, acting as a spike.
This is a good moveset! I'll put this in the original post!

EDIT: Also, if you plan to update the moveset complete with tilts, aerials, and Smashes, then I will update that post with the new attacks.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
This is a good moveset! I'll put this in the original post!

EDIT: Also, if you plan to update the moveset complete with tilts, aerials, and Smashes, then I will update that post with the new attacks.
All right, will do.

And yeah, I've made some movesets before, mostly as little side projects. I did one for Starfy once and one for Young Link (Majora's Mask).

Morbi

Scavenger
It wouldn't be a bad Pokeball item at all, but Breloom as a character just seems necessary and excessive. However, that isn't to say that I wouldn't enjoy the notion. It is obviously not to likely. But, I fail to see a reason to not support such an epic Pokemon, I am in.

... Man, they really need to make a Pokemon fighting game.

D

Deleted member

And yeah, I've made some movesets before, mostly as little side projects. I did one for Starfy once and one for Young Link (Majora's Mask).
I've made a moveset for an altered Luigi (new specials and some attacks are different) and I am currently thinking of a decloned Ganondorf moveset.

It wouldn't be a bad Pokeball item at all, but Breloom as a character just seems necessary and excessive. However, that isn't to say that I wouldn't enjoy the notion. It is obviously not to likely. But, I fail to see a reason to not support such an epic Pokemon, I am in.

... Man, they really need to make a Pokemon fighting game.
I'm glad to add you to the support list!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Adding a bit to my moveset.

Because of Breloom's stretchy arms, it has surprisingly good grab range. As such, when it grabs, Breloom will stretch its arm to catch the opponent and drag them in, similar to Yoshi's grab.

Pummel: Breloom punches the grabbed opponent with its free hand.
Forward Throw: Breloom lets go of the opponent and quickly punches the opponent with both hands.
Back Throw: Breloom throws the opponent behind it and hits them with the hard seeds that make up its tail.
Up Throw: Breloom flings the opponent skyward and smashes into them head-first. Sends opponent off diagonally, for example, if used when facing right, it will send the foe up and to the right.
Down Throw: Breloom jumps and lands on the opponent from above. Sends the opponent upward.

D

Deleted member

Adding a bit to my moveset.

Because of Breloom's stretchy arms, it has surprisingly good grab range. As such, when it grabs, Breloom will stretch its arm to catch the opponent and drag them in, similar to Yoshi's grab.

Pummel: Breloom punches the grabbed opponent with its free hand.
Forward Throw: Breloom lets go of the opponent and quickly punches the opponent with both hands.
Back Throw: Breloom throws the opponent behind it and hits them with the hard seeds that make up its tail.
Up Throw: Breloom flings the opponent skyward and smashes into them head-first. Sends opponent off diagonally, for example, if used when facing right, it will send the foe up and to the right.
Down Throw: Breloom jumps and lands on the opponent from above. Sends the opponent upward.
This is good! I just updated the original post with this!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
This is good! I just updated the original post with this!
Could you edit the throws and pummel to have two spaces like the specials, please? Just want it to look sorta uniform. :chuckle:

And apprently, I'm doing really well with this. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Could you edit the throws and pummel to have two spaces like the specials, please? Just want it to look sorta uniform. :chuckle:

And apprently, I'm doing really well with this. :laugh:
Of course! I have also made it more uniform by putting in "Specials:" and "Grabs:". The Specials and Grabs are two spaces apart from each other.

Yup! I've been adding your moveset in your section. I'll do the same for anyone else who wants to expand their movesets beyond just the specials.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
It also just occurred to me that I forgot a Final Smash. I'll put that here in a second, just have to see what moves Breloom can learn.

D

Deleted member

I hope you guys are going to transfer a Shroomish or a Breloom into Pokemon X and Y when Pokemon Bank comes out! I know I will! (by bribing asking my friends to)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
So I have 4 choices for myself. Solarbeam, Superpower, Giga Impact, or Focus Punch.

Also, I traded my Korean Pikachu for a Quick Feet Shroomish on the GTS. So I have a Technician Breloom that was EV trained in Attack already. :chuckle:

D

Deleted member

So I have 4 choices for myself. Solarbeam, Superpower, Giga Impact, or Focus Punch.

Also, I traded my Korean Pikachu for a Quick Feet Shroomish on the GTS. So I have a Technician Breloom that was EV trained in Attack already. :chuckle:
Hmm… Solarbeam seems the easiest to do, but I can't see Breloom use it as it's not really a special oriented Pokemon. I say you should do Superpower. I will edit my moveset and include Focus Punch.

You're lucky! Technician Brelooms are pretty good! Though, I personally prefer Poison Heal Brelooms as they are rather annoying if you have a Poison Orb, Substitute, and Drain Punch.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
My computer needs to be fixed, so I won't be back until tomorrow on my WiiU. I'll need my posts edited when I make them for movesets. Thanks. :)

Final Smash: Superpower - Breloom jumps up to the top of the screen and comes crashing down. Breloom hits the ground (if over a pit, Breloom stops where he started from), causing everyone touching the ground (even the opponents outside the blast radius) and everyone within the fairly large blast radius to be sent flying.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I find this addition to be a bit random, but Breloom is a cool cat. Er, mushroom. Love my Technician Breloom with Mach Punch and Force Palm. He could be a pretty cool addition for sure.

D

Deleted member

I find this addition to be a bit random, but Breloom is a cool cat. Er, mushroom. Love my Technician Breloom with Mach Punch and Force Palm. He could be a pretty cool addition for sure.
Does that mean that you will support this?

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Does that mean that you will support this?

Sure why not? I know he's really unlikely because there are just so many Pokemon candidates, but I love Pokemon and play it constantly so I'm down with just about any cool pokemon rep. Pika and Jiggs have never done much for me (I'm not a fan of the anime), PT was fun but gimmicky and hard to excel with, and Lucario's aura mechanic was a cool idea but not really for me, so I didn't really play any Pokemon reps very often in Brawl. I'd totally play as Breloom though.

D

Deleted member

Sure why not? I know he's really unlikely because there are just so many Pokemon candidates, but I love Pokemon and play it constantly so I'm down with just about any cool pokemon rep. Pika and Jiggs have never done much for me (I'm not a fan of the anime), PT was fun but gimmicky and hard to excel with, and Lucario's aura mechanic was a cool idea but not really for me, so I didn't really play any Pokemon reps very often in Brawl. I'd totally play as Breloom though.
I added you to the list!

I'm mostly OK with the Pokemon we have in Smash. Pikachu will be in every single game, but I am iffy to the other Pokemon character's fates (I am confident that we will get Pokemon Trainer Red again). In terms of other Pokemon, I am fine if Mewtwo returned and I would be glad with Red returning. I am highly indifferent on almost any other possible choice. I would definitely play as Breloom if it got in the game.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I added you to the list!

I'm mostly OK with the Pokemon we have in Smash. Pikachu will be in every single game, but I am iffy to the other Pokemon character's fates (I am confident that we will get Pokemon Trainer Red again). In terms of other Pokemon, I am fine if Mewtwo returned and I would be glad with Red returning. I am highly indifferent on almost any other possible choice. I would definitely play as Breloom if it got in the game.

I'd love for Mewtwo to return and maybe a revamped Lucario. There are other great options too, like Blaziken and whatnot. I was just disappointed that there wasn't a single Brawl rep for Pokemon that was up my alley. Jigglypuff was atrocious and Lucario's aura mechanic punishes you when you're winning in Stock (which I usually am when playing with friends), Pikachu is too weak in the air and its combos never came naturally to me, and PT I already explained. I wanted just one combo-friendly, fast and effective Pokemon rep who didn't have some odd gimmick, and never got one. Breloom could fill that gap for sure. A revamped Lucario or Mewtwo would too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom