• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PMeveryversion| C4 doesn't fall off of Nana if Popo dies first

BND

Smash Apprentice
Figured I might as well be a good Samaritan (with failed ulterior motives) and remind everyone of this.

Title of the bug: C4 doesn't fall off of Nana if Popo dies first.
Version found in: Everything up to 3.6 Beta, including Brawl, according to Google
Hardware you are running: Not sure if it matters, but first found on Dolphin, PM 3.5 for me.
Loading Method: PM ISO
Details: Basically attaching a C4 to Nana and killing Popo first without detonating the C4 on Nana until they respawn results in the C4 staying on Nana. It is possible to detonate the C4 before the Ice Climbers respawn, with results during detonation. There were a few tests of this, most of them giving the conclusion that Nana and the C4 both turned invisible for some time.

Result of up-throwing Nana while Popo runs off the stage. No C4 to be seen.

C4 detonation after backthrowing Nana. Demonstrates she's still there, just invisible.

I was hoping that this could help with finding a work-around for the Sheik-Zelda glitch since I had thought that the C4 would still be visible and falling (Forgot that I had down-thrown Nana during the test in which I came up with this thought), though tests show that this is not the case and that it's still technically attached between stocks.

Attachments: The following video shows the bug fairly well. Detonation between stocks is not displayed.
Custom Content: None

Last edited:
Top Bottom