• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM launcher crashes trying to connect online

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
I dunno if this particular error was discussed in this other thread, but I've noticed that the Project M launcher I'm using seems to have trouble connecting online. running it is not an issue, and everything else seems fine, outside of an inability to switch to the Wifi-safe edition through it (as the crash happens before it can finish).

what happens is that when the launcher starts up, the news feed at the very top is attempting to connect. but every time, when it gets past "Connecting to Wifi", I'll see part of the "retrieving news feed" (or something like that) , and then the screen goes black with a code dump.

i did a fresh reinstall with a copy i have saved due to an unrelated crash in the mod itself (select Versus, crashes before it enters character selection), and while the reinstall certainly repaired my other problem, the launcher still has an issue with connecting online.

by any chance, is something going wrong with the server it's linked to?

MaxThunder

PM Support
Not sure about the connection issues, but the addon crashing is fixed by manually reinstalling just the launcher... here: PM Launcher 1.11 ... just make sure you delete all of the launchers files first... (boot.elf in root or projectm folder in apps, along with the folder sd/projectm/launcher...)
Note that the wifi addon doesn't actually come in this download, so you'll have to transfer that from your current launcher... you'll find it in sd/projectm/launcher/addons ... it's a .7z file...

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
I'll give this a try, and edit the message with what i find. just to be clear, i seem to think that it's not the addon that actually causes the crash. but because the app actively tries to connect online, I wouldn't have enough time to install the Wifi add on.

but, again, I'll give this a try and edit in what happens.

Supermass

Smash Rookie
I'll give this a try, and edit the message with what i find. just to be clear, i seem to think that it's not the addon that actually causes the crash. but because the app actively tries to connect online, I wouldn't have enough time to install the Wifi add on.

but, again, I'll give this a try and edit in what happens.
yea, if you figure it out, it would also help me :D

MaxThunder

PM Support
ok while the addon causing crashes is actually a thing, it seems the launcher is just crashing in general atm... happening me too now=(... i have no idea what the cause is=(...

Supermass

Smash Rookie
ok while the addon causing crashes is actually a thing, it seems the launcher is just crashing in general atm... happening me too now=(... i have no idea what the cause is=(...
Does it actually let you play though? or does it just constantly crash?

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
Does it actually let you play though? or does it just constantly crash?
if you hit "play" before it manages to connect, it'll run your PM build without a hitch. but the launcher seems to encounter some kind of fatal error when it's trying to load that news feed at the top. methinks it's some kind of connection thing on the other end, but i wouldn't know anything about that.

since all we need is in the SD card anyways, it'd be nice if we could disable it's attempt to connect... without deleting the internet connection settings on the Wii.

Benasdfghjkl;

Smash Rookie
Ok, I found a way!!!!!! yaaaaaaaaaaaaay! You have to delete your wifi settings so the system doesn't try to access wifi. It worked every time for me.

Top Bottom