• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM audio crackling after customization

Qazzquimby

Smash Cadet
Using dolphin I get smooth audio in the default PM, but after installing a modpack or replacing songs, all audio becomes choppy. I've gone through numerous approaches to fixing dolphin audio, but none had any effect, presumably because the problem is localized in the game.

Is there a known solution to this?

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
Using dolphin I get smooth audio in the default PM, but after installing a modpack or replacing songs, all audio becomes choppy. I've gone through numerous approaches to fixing dolphin audio, but none had any effect, presumably because the problem is localized in the game.

Is there a known solution to this?
Not that I know off as that issue is different from each person, I had a similar problem a while back, the way I fixed it was switching to Dolphin 3.5, after that it works perfectly fine for me, give that shot I'd say!

Qazzquimby

Smash Cadet
If you're on the thread again, is there any trick to getting 3.5 working? I think I've set it up the same way I did with 4, but it's giving me errors.

On opening a game
Failed to write BT.DINF to SYSCONF
SetupWiiMem: Cant find setting file

On opening PM from gecko
DVDLowRead - Fatal Error: failed to read from volume
and then freezes.

It's not possible for a sd.raw to need defragging is it..? That doesn't sound possible.

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
Oh dear, that's unexpected, I'm afraid I don't know much else on that, mine just worked with a simple re-install and matching the settings to my previous Dolphin, I recommend leaving this thread up just in case someone gets around to asking.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
In regards to audio crackling, remove all the songs from your sd then re add them. After making a digital sd out of that it should be fine.

Qazzquimby

Smash Cadet
Used winimage to remove songs from sd and re-add them, audio problem is much, much worse. It does make a difference though, so I'll keep experimenting.
Thanks for the help everyone.

Edit: it might actually be unchanged, or at least nothing else is making any difference. I've also remade the sd card from scratch with the exact same audio resulting.

Last edited:

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Used winimage to remove songs from sd and re-add them, audio problem is much, much worse. It does make a difference though, so I'll keep experimenting.
Thanks for the help everyone
Don't go through winimage. Do it on the actual sd card via windows explorer (file explorer) and then re run winimage. That's what I have done and it works flawlessly. I deal with a lot of custom songs in my pack.

Qazzquimby

Smash Cadet
How do I change the contents without winimage? Sd.raw is a file, and can't be opened with explorer, unless I'm completely misunderstanding things. Thanks for your patience with me.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I'm sorry. Are you not building a pack yourself? I must be old school but the way I build my pack is I have a 2GB sd card that holds my project m files. Once I have all the files correctly in place, I open winimage and generate a digital sd card by reading the physical one. I never do edits within winimage itself.

Qazzquimby

Smash Cadet
I build it in a folder and inject the folder into the virtual sd card through winimage. Does having the files on an sd card have an effect? I'll try dragging them in and out of the folder, but I can't imagine what that would do.

Also did you go to P4K 8? We live in the same area.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
I build it in a folder and inject the folder into the virtual sd card through winimage. Does having the files on an sd card have an effect? I'll try dragging them in and out of the folder, but I can't imagine what that would do.

Also did you go to P4K 8? We live in the same area.
I did not. Does smashboards tell you where I live? I feel violated haha.

Qazzquimby

Smash Cadet
Yeah, you must have told it, because mine doesn't say. What effect does the physical SD card have that a folder wouldn't?

Top Bottom