• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LOL DUDE

Smash Cadet
*a link which Smashboards tells me I cannot post until I have made ten posts*
This plese
I don't think it'd work too well as an alt. I mean, it'd just end up being his OoT alt with a different head and no cape.
Also, some of the pics for confirmed alt costumes are broken. Namely: Doctor Mario, Dark Meta Knight, and Boxer Donkey Kong.

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it'd work too well as an alt. I mean, it'd just end up being his OoT alt with a different head and no cape.
Also, some of the pics for confirmed alt costumes are broken. Namely: Doctor Mario, Dark Meta Knight, and Boxer Donkey Kong.
I'm having problems with these as well.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Well I have no clue what discussion currently is but +1 for tennis peach, golf peach.

White Polo shirt with pink trim & buttons, pink visor, white sports skirt with pink trim

White polo shirt with-

Wait

Golf & tennis peach can be almost identical

Lol @ hurt boxes I would rofl at all whining regarding a whiff connecting to air in front of her knee

Reasons why impossible (?)

She lifts her gown in front of her. What is she supposed to lift a sports skirt for?

She uses a frying pan too, can't use tennis racquet/ball golf club/ball as excuse to put hands there

Dress is huge; hurt box impossibly impossible

Legs; drawing dem legs although fun @ first would probably drive pholks insane

What on earth would dsmash look like?

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
a quote="LOL DUDE, post: 17444343, member: 263363"]I don't think it'd work too well as an alt. I mean, it'd just end up being his OoT alt with a different head and no cape.
[/quote]
Even though it'll look like his OoT alt, it'll still look cool.

I kinda like this old design for Espio more than his modern design if the PMDT decides to turn his purple outfit into an existing character costume like the black outfit.
#unpopularopinion #subliminalmessagingtoPMDT

Last edited:

LOL DUDE

Smash Cadet
On the subject of Ganondorf, is his Ocarina of Time alt costume in 3.5 going to replace the Execution Sword with his SpaceWorld 2000 Tech Demo Sword? I know that they said new costumes cannot utilize new articles, but I think that he had a taunt in Melee that involved it and he's clearly brandishing it in this render:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
On the subject of Ganondorf, is his Ocarina of Time alt costume in 3.5 going to replace the Execution Sword with his SpaceWorld 2000 Tech Demo Sword? I know that they said new costumes cannot utilize new articles, but I think that he had a taunt in Melee that involved it and he's clearly brandishing it in this render:
That might require a whole new taunt.

In other words. It might not be worth it to edit. I'm not even sure if the sword his part of his model or is somewhere seperate.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I signed up specifically so I can comment here and keep an eye on this thread - ha HA!! Is it still appropriate to post suggestions? I know it won't mean that my ideas will magically be accepted by the time 3.5 rolls around, haha... But I can dream, can't I? I also noticed that a lot of the suggestions are already hacks on the Brawl Vault... Will that limit the chances of them being added significantly?

Also, if it weren't for rule 4, I'd totally suggest this:
Could never get my blasted thing to work anyway...

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I signed up specifically so I can comment here and keep an eye on this thread - ha HA!! Is it still appropriate to post suggestions? I know it won't mean that my ideas will magically be accepted by the time 3.5 rolls around, haha... But I can dream, can't I? I also noticed that a lot of the suggestions are already hacks on the Brawl Vault... Will that limit the chances of them being added significantly?

Also, if it weren't for rule 4, I'd totally suggest this:
Could never get my blasted thing to work anyway...
LMFAO Roy Koopa!

No. Just cause something is on Brawl Vault doesn't mean it won't be an Alt.

Especially considering the work of the PMDT is of higher quality than a lot of older mods.

OoT Link has like 9,000 Vault submissions.

Also, welcome to the boards!

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
inb4 Art Tuesday is a new menu.
You HAAAD to spoil it! Hahaha!
Relatedly, I hope the gods of Project M don't announce ALL the costumes and changes before the release... As exciting as Tuesdays are, it's just not as fun as that feeling of "DID THEY ADD A NEW THING FOR THIS THING?!! NO THEY DIDN'T, WHAT ABOUT THIS THING?!! OH THEY DIIIIID!!" when the update's finally released.

Anyway,
LMFAO Roy Koopa!

No. Just cause something is on Brawl Vault doesn't mean it won't be an Alt.

Especially considering the work of the PMDT is of higher quality than a lot of older mods.

OoT Link has like 9000000 Vault submissions.

Also, welcome to the boards!
Thank you for the welcome! Makes me feel warm and fuzzy, haha. I'm proud of my Roy, though I could never get it to work, haha (If anyone wants to try their hand at... Call me :woman:.) Now I have my shameless advertising out of the way, I'll do the same with my suggestions... Most of them are from Melee, but there are a few unoriginal not-my-own-I-found-them-on-Brawl-Vault ideas.
Ice Climber's orange Melee palette swap,
Luigi's weird white/brownish Melee palette swap,
Pichu's red Ninja costume for Pikachu, complete with the ear thing,
One inspired by AlGeorgeRomo's Mr. GameboyWatch palette swap,
One inspired by Mansta8's Majora's Mask themed Toon Link costume! Though I'm really just digging that equipment switcharoo. Lookit that sword...
A few original ideas! I think!
A Game & Watch palette swap inspired by the virtual boy! In two colours, red and black. Might be too similar to the default red or black, depending on how you imagine it though... It'd be cool if you could make it 3D by turning off the Game & Watch Shader.
Lucario in a magician costume.
Olimar in a Louis, President, Alph, and Charlie suits, as well as sporting their hairstyles and facial hair,
Kirby: A Gooey Costume? As well as a 20th Anniversary Costume, which'd just be a bowtie, and extra saturated red on his feet, though it might not be allowed due to the whole Kirby hat thing... But I don't think a Bow Tie should clip very significantly
Donkey Kong's and Diddy Kong's terrifying cartoon counterparts.
Donkey Kong Country Returns silhouette for Diddy and Donkey,
Diddy Kong Racing costumes for Diddy,
Sanic.

I had images to correspond... But I need ten posts to include them. :sadeyes:

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
You HAAAD to spoil it! Hahaha!
Relatedly, I hope they don't announce ALL the costumes and changes before the release... As exciting as Tuesdays are, it's just not as fun as that feeling of "DID THEY ADD A NEW THING FOR THIS THING?!! NO THEY DIDN'T, WHAT ABOUT THIS THING?!! OH THEY DIIIIID!!"

Anyway,

Thank you for the welcome! Makes me feel warm and fuzzy, haha. I'm proud of my Roy, though I could never get it to work, haha (If anyone wants to try their hand at... Call me :woman:.) Now I have my shameless advertising out of the way, I'll do the same with my suggestions... Most of them are from Melee, but there are a few unoriginal not-my-own-I-found-them-on-Brawl-Vault ideas.
Ice Climber's orange Melee palette swap,
Luigi's weird brownish Melee palette swap,
Pichu's red Ninja costume, complete with the ear thing,
One inspired by AlGeorgeRomo's Mr. GameboyWatch palette swap,
One inspired by Mansta8's Majora's Mask themed Toon Link costume! Though I'm really just digging that equipment switcharoo. Lookit that sword...
A few original ideas! I think!
A Game & Watch palette swap inspired by the virtual boy! In two colours, red and black. Might be too similar to the default red or black, depending on how you imagine it though...
Donkey Kong's and Diddy Kong's terrifying cartoon counterparts.
Sanic.

Also, don't know if I have an influence here, but I like the Old Snake and Tuxedo Snake idea.

So now my long comment's coming to a close... I was wondering, what's the reasoning behind the "no Jigglypuff sash" and "no classic sonic"? If I had to take a guess, it'd be the bone-age and hurt/hit-boxage, respectively, am I close?

I had images to correspond... But I need ten posts to include them. :sadeyes:
You're correct about Sash and Classic.

Ganondalf

Smash Cadet

Boshi from SMRPG might be a feasable Alt for Yoshi though, I suspect by 2020 We will have 256^3 Yoshi colors to pick from so might not be terribly worth it.

Shin F.

Smash Master

Boshi from SMRPG might be a feasable Alt for Yoshi though, I suspect by 2020 We will have 256^3 Yoshi colors to pick from so might not be terribly worth it.
I like Boshi as a Yoshi costume, but he's already full in his slots and we know they don't want to have new models on Team Colors or costumes that look too similar to the Team Colors (The Knuckles Declaration), so I don't think he'll happen.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I like Boshi as a Yoshi costume, but he's already full in his slots and we know they don't want to have new models on Team Colors or costumes that look too similar to the Team Colors (The Knuckles Declaration), so I don't think he'll happen.
You're right about the costume slot thing, unless they decide to do the 14 slot thing some day. However, I don't think it's fair to compare Boshi to a Knuckles Sonic. The only difference between the Knuckles Sonic and the red team color would be the shoes and I guess gloves. Stuff that wouldn't be too noticeable during combat. Boshi would be a pretty drastic costume change from Yoshi, and it's even a somewhat different shade of blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom