• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please rate my peach. It'll be fun!

leviathan_

Smash Journeyman
You have to moderate your rolling. There were countless chances for that Mario to punish you for rolling. One or two is fine, but over ten is absurd.

Rofl on the beam sword, but good use of it. Good DIing too. Your Peach's glaring problem is its predictability though. You need to float lower more. Plus, your ability to tech is questionable - teching would've saved you from getting your first stock handed to you :p

Ask that Mario player for advice lol, he has an excellent Mario and above average mindgames.

Viking Ness

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the help. What would you suggest for spacing instead of rolling. Is peach's WD all that good?

yoshis down b owns

Smash Cadet
you should get a new doubles partner that doesnt shoot you with missiles. then you would probably never lose

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
When I saw that comment on rolling, I was going to point out that Peach's roll is good and very usable... until I watched the match. That's way too many =/ A few DI problems, a glaring one at 2:13, but overall, not bad. Too much shield grabbing. =/ The only thing you really did out of a shield was roll or grab. Learn to incorporate tapping into your game. Peach's is very nice. Umm... FLOAT CANCEL. =] Peach's aerial game is one of the best. Abuse it. You stuck too much to the ground for a Mario match up IMO. And you seemed to dashdance only as a taunt. Incorporate it into your actual game. Same with wavedashing. It's short, but serves as alternative movement and can find openings for you to capitalize on.

By the way, that Mario is very nice. Good usage of the Cape and catching turnips. Just got shield grabbed a bit too much. =]

You did well for the time you've been playing Peach though.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Thanks for the help. What would you suggest for spacing instead of rolling. Is peach's WD all that good?
Dashdancing and wavedashing are both good. Peach's wavedash isn't good when compared with other characters, but it still can be used for spacing.

I noticed a lot of times when your opponent caught a turnip, and used it on you over and over. And many times when you were fireballed out of the turnip pulling animation, and you tried pulling another in the same spot immediately after (just to get fireballed again). Use less turnips or use them better. Also, as other people said you tend to either roll or grab out of a shield too much. jump, float, aerial out of the shield too. Float closer to the ground so you can float cancel.

totaKK

Smash Apprentice
i dont see much float canceling more towards the ground, but i cant tell, that mario had control for most of the game, so the peach wasnt that active, be a lot less predictable, read ur opponent better and be and alot more active.

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
the more float canceling the better. watch some of wife's or mike g's vids, thats all they do is float cancel and air attacks. I noticed in the beginning you were slow to pull out turnips, you need to pull them out faster. Like everyone else said, try to incorporate dash dancing and wavedashing into your game. Also and float over the edge to edge guard with a b air would be nice.

Civy

Smash Cadet
Completely true =)

Watch some Peach combos vids...
Your Peach seems to be a bit lazy, be more active, don't let your opponent come to you so easily !

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
Another 2 peaches to rate

Hey well this is mine and Sarg's best teams match online. Please Crituque and tell us something we could do better. Or any other combos, team attacks. etc. I know i downsmash a lot.. but against the 2 guys we played... well just watch and youl see.

Click here to watch the match

Master Peach

Smash Ace
What I've noticed in the Video is that you stall a bit. After most of your attack you just seem to stand there and do nothing and thats what leaves you open. You need to do a bit of chasing after your opponent and doing some combos on him to do more damage. You need to do this in the air to, try float attacking them. Also you could use the turnips a bit more, they really help.

Another thing you want to do is Dsmash your opponents alot. that helps to build up there damage esspeacially when they crouch cancel.

Here another thing you have to do to improve your game. Float Cancel, and L cancel, but mostly float cancel. You should read this guide. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=41170

And you should also learn to Wavedash It helps with Mind games and makes your opponents vanerable at times.

Oh and one more thing, you've done a good job of sheild grabing your opponent so far.

BTW do you use the C Stick. If not you should.

(oh lvl9 the text above is not for you unless you want to read it. Anyways you seem to be a pretty decent Peach player, just try to improve your game a bit more. And when It comes to Fox ans Falco it's good to spam the Dsmash on them. They have a hard time of escaping it. Esspeacially on a board where you can trap them on a wall. Like onett, or Pokemon stadium, or Corneria.)

Top Bottom