• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

please rate my ice combos

toga

Smash Apprentice
Im going to a tourny soon and I want to use my ice climbers I havent used them for a long time because I main marth and shek now so could you look at this vid of me doing the two combos I normaly use and tell me if I need any work or anything like that:)

heres the vid its about 61 seconds long
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrXlI4b1iiw

Xephalon

Smash Journeyman
lol when you do the chain grab. you're supposed to short jump the Dair..thats all you need to know vs a falco. cause messing up a chain grab is too hard...

and to Lixivium..lol support and encourage this guy to get better what kind of smasher are you?!

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
ok thanks guys I just have to work on having nana short hop the dair from now on:)
How about recording actual matches with humans so that we can get a better grasp on you skill level. Trust me, a space animal main is NOT going to just let you grab them. You'll have to work your *** of for it.

Binx

Smash Master
Desktopped!

How about recording actual matches with humans so that we can get a better grasp on you skill level. Trust me, a space animal main is NOT going to just let you grab them. You'll have to work your *** of for it.
If he is playing someone who is near his skill level he will have an easy time getting grabs anyways lols. Seriously though man just play some better people and you will improve, as far as that throw it can be DIed out of anyways. I think delph was talking about a way to make it more sure by have nana run a bit before the shorthop, although I havnt had any success with it.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
It's not *that* easy to DI out of DtSHDair. I think you need to do this after you d-air: start a dash with Popo and JC Grab right away. This lets you move forward while you grab quickly and you won't have any problems with them DIing away. Also, use Z during CGs, not L+A.

I believe what Delphiki is talking about is a variation of the reverse d-air. You run forward a little bit and SH d-air, aiming so that the bottom-right of Nana's hammer hit's them. This works better on smaller characters and fastfallers. They'll get sent back towards you making it hard to DI out of.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
It's not *that* easy to DI out of DtSHDair. I think you need to do this after you d-air: start a dash with Popo and JC Grab right away. This lets you move forward while you grab quickly and you won't have any problems with them DIing away. Also, use Z during CGs, not L+A.

I believe what Delphiki is talking about is a variation of the reverse d-air. You run forward a little bit and SH d-air, aiming so that the bottom-right of Nana's hammer hit's them. This works better on smaller characters and fastfallers. They'll get sent back towards you making it hard to DI out of.
Uh, not quite. Reverse D-air works (usually) floatier characters that can DI up and away out of regular D-air chainthrows.

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
you do use full hop. it mainly is best for peach and marth. YOu full hop and DI nana away while doing a d-air(i recomend c-stick)

dj asakura

Smash Ace
the reverse SHDair is a sexy CG. even on less floaty characters you can get them to mess up their DI and f-smash/d-smash with nana or regrab. fun **** indeed.

what ever happened to that CG guide? like what works on what characters and at what %'s, that was a useful guide.

anyway, yea, like everyone else said, SH your Dair, i'm pretty sure a FHDair won't work on anyone....correct me if i'm wrong

pockyD

Smash Legend
fh dair works fine

dair doesn't really have knockback so when you hit them with it doesn't really matter

and i find reverse dair significantly easier with fullhop; regular dair i still use shorthop though

Binx

Smash Master
The reason you short hop them is because if you full hop and they DI towards you they will get behind you and if you dash you miss your grab, if you are purposefully doing a rdair grab then fine but it usually only works on slower/heavier characters to dthrow dair fast fallers you have to short hop.

toga

Smash Apprentice
people people! ive learned to do it short hopping the dair and when ever I get a chance i wil post a vid of me fighting a person but untill then....

toga

Smash Apprentice
its hard to get my friends to play me when I have ice climbers and to be honnest its eaiser to get them in the grab because they dont play with fox or falco so I normaly dont short hop the dair.

Top Bottom