• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playing Fox in both Melee and PM?

Mystic-

Smash Apprentice
So I'm relatively new (just trying out Fox seriously for the first time lol) but I was finally getting a hang of Fox. However, when I switched games (PM to Melee or vice versa) Fox felt completely different. Will this go away as I get more experienced or will it simply become more pronounced as I get more technical with him?

x412

Smash Rookie
NNID
IntegX
3DS FC
4871-5219-1569
Fox is easier to do tech with in PM than in Melee. Because of that, a highly technical Fox in Melee can very easily get into PM but not vice versa. However, there's a lot of gimmicky stuff that Fox can get destroyed by unfortunately. I noticed you're in Gainesville as well. Should stop by the UF Smash Bros facebook group.

Atlantis_Rising

Smash Rookie
Coming from a low-mid tier Fox, if you use your smash and tilts in PM a lot, it seems to get the job done, at least in my case. I haven't played him in awhile as I'm not a very technically sound player. A lot of it is play style, as well as his technical play.

TheFuture

Smash Rookie
For me at least I couldn't shine nair or short hop double laser in melee so I tried shdl in PM and i could do it fine and when i switch back to melee i got better at it. Same thing with shine nair So basically i could practice it in PM where it was easier and once i got a hang on it i could switch to melee and practice there.

Last edited:

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
Melee is more strict on controls. It's really tight and strict on movements and super sensitive.

Top Bottom