• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play N' Trade Special November 23rd, 2013 - November 23rd, 2013 - Laffayette, LA

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Due to Curlz's request, I'm making the thread for this event, but here it is. Grab your friends, grab your hype, grab your A-game because things are about to get intense here!

Venue:
Play N Trade
2668 Johnston Street
Lafayette, LA 70506

Play N Trade is located in the Albertson's parking lot with a CiCi's Pizza next to Quizno's.

Injustice is $10 Entry
Brawl, Melee, & Pokémon are $5
Late fees of $5 will be issued per event with a 20 minute grace period.
Payout will be 60/30/10 per event in Store Credit.

The lineup will consist of:
3pm - Brawl & Pokémon XY
7pm - Melee & Injustice
64 will be set up for Friendlies and MMs all day.

Rules:
Brawl- Smashcon Standard Ruleset (unity MK legal)
Melee- Louisiana General Ruleset
64- Smashcon Standard Ruleset

Pokémon -
VGC
Each round will be 10 minute Double Battles at 4 per team. Items are interchangeable between rounds.
Auto Level 50 all
Best of 1, double elimination
Item Clause
Species Clause
Sleep Clause
No Ubers (includes Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Mega Blaziken w/ Speed Boost, Mega Garchomp, & Mega Mewtwo)

Injustice -
Round Robin
Best 3 out of 5
Double Blind First Stage
Loser can counter pick either stage or character.
Interactables & Transitions Legal.

***These details are subject to change, but what's important is the date you need to save. Curlz will provide the other details which I will copy-paste to here.***

IF I am able to go to this, I can bring one to two people with me. Since I come from Covington, I'm giving higher priority to anyone in the Southeast Louisiana area (New Orleans area or the North shore), than anyone to the west like Baton Rouge.

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
I would love to come and donk in melee and 64. And get some pokemon and brawl done. Hopefully I can find a ride. Thanksgiving day is my bday. 21 years and gonna celebrate it in part by smashing hopefully

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Are you another Tink in LA? Or do you just have him as a pic because he's fly as hell?
I just quit Brawl last weekend to pick up Project M. But yeah, I am a TL main. If you ever want to play friendlies sometime, let me know, I'd be more than happy to play some TL dittos with you. I may have quit Brawl, but that just means competitively.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Finally getting on this.

3pm - Brawl & Pokémon XY
7pm - Melee & Injustice
64 will be set up for Friendlies and MMs all day.

Pokémon is VGC, not TCG. Lol.
Each round will be 10 minute Double Battles at 4 per team. Items are interchangeable between rounds.
Auto Level 50 all
Best of 1, double elimination
Item Clause
Species Clause
Sleep Clause
No Ubers (includes Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Mega Blaziken w/ Speed Boost, Mega Garchomp, & Mega Mewtwo)

Injustice -
Round Robin
Best 3 out of 5
Double Blind First Stage
Loser can counter pick either stage or character.
Interactables & Transitions Legal.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Venue:
Play N Trade
2668 Johnston Street
Lafayette, LA 70506

Play N Trade is located in the Albertson's parking lot with a CiCi's Pizza next to Quizno's.

Injustice is $10 Entry
Brawl, Melee, & Pokémon are $5
Late fees of $5 will be issued per event with a 20 minute grace period.

That should do it!

Astro !=

Smash Cadet
I'd challenge Bomber7 to a $1000 MM. He's too free.
Bomber... I know who you are, and you know me. We TL ditto all the time, I went to like every get hype ever since the one in February. I meant the Smashing Thorn guy.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm going to change it to the 23rd because that's what the FB event says. I just found that out today.

JDIZ

Smash Cadet
I probably suck in the competitive scene, having never played in it, but I'll come and get wrecked anyway.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I probably suck in the competitive scene, having never played in it, but I'll come and get wrecked anyway.
Playing competitive is actually quite fun, you shouldn't worry too much about getting wrecked. You gotta learn your limits so you can break them. You'll also meet a lot of cool people through competitive play and it also gives you travel opportunities.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Pokemon is looking pretty hype for this event just from what I heard from some of the locals around here. Anyone think they can take on my Psyche Up Team? ;]

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
I don't want you to go easy. I want you to give it your all so I can say I beat you fair and square. You won't win off of my SDs this time.

I have a really good feeling about this one. I wanna take first.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
Hey, can we have a TV there with collision playing? I don't like missing any tournament that ClashTournaments streams. BTW, if I'm gonna go I'll bring my laptop and capture card so we can stream it. That all is if you guys have internet there.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Hey, can we have a TV there with collision playing? I don't like missing any tournament that ClashTournaments streams. BTW, if I'm gonna go I'll bring my laptop and capture card so we can stream it. That all is if you guys have internet there.
There is Internet at the venue, but its not public... So make sure to not mention to the owner that I'm giving it to you so we can stream.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
It's a brand new site, so not many currently. But the more people use it, the more other people will want to use it.
Sounds good, I will try to keep you posted for our events as much as possible so you have new tournaments to add to your website and we get advertisement. Also, would you add my event at Open World if you haven't already? Thanks. :)

Bwett

Smash Ace
If it's your tournament, then you can just make an account, and I'll give it to you :)

The site is user content driven, so you have full control over creating and editing tournaments.

Sudai

Stuff here
Is anyone going to challenge Bomber7 to $1000 money match?
I'd gladly challenge Bomber to a $1000 P:M MM if I had that kind of money to spare. 90% sure I would win but I wouldn't want to be financially screwed over if I happen to lose. I'd gladly P:M MM most anyone for $2-5 though so there's always that.

Other than that though, there needs to be more LA tournies that host P:M. I feel like most of them don't, but maybe I just don't pay enough attention either. lol

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'd gladly challenge Bomber to a $1000 P:M MM if I had that kind of money to spare. 90% sure I would win but I wouldn't want to be financially screwed over if I happen to lose. I'd gladly P:M MM most anyone for $2-5 though so there's always that.

Other than that though, there needs to be more LA tournies that host P:M. I feel like most of them don't, but maybe I just don't pay enough attention either. lol
I always offer P:M at my events, it's just no one ever comes out for them. If there's any reason as to why, no one has ever told me.

Top Bottom