• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Platform Drop to Float Burns DJ Every Time

kirbstir

Smash Lord
Try this:

Training mode
Battlefield

1) Run off one of the platforms into an instant float. If done right, you won't burn your DJ.
2) Drop through a platform into an instant float. You will always burn your DJ in this case.

At least, I've never been able to not burn my double jump in the second case.

Edit -

Platform dropping is known to the debug movelist as "PASS." For reasons unexplained, if Peach tries to float while in the PASS state, she'll always burn her DJ in the process. PASS lasts for 30 frames, too.
So apparently you just need half a second after dropping from a platform to float. Floating works fine when dropping from the top platforms if you wait longer than normal for that PASS mode to wear off. Thanks Ryoko.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Holy crap. Your right. I never knew this before. I always have a second jump when I Float like that. Im gonna see if I can put it to use in battle

Fonz

Smash Ace
Useful information in the peach forums?!?! I don't think you know how this forum works Joe. Very interesting though, I blame all of my "huh, where'd my jump go?" moments on this.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Platform dropping is known to the debug movelist as "PASS." For reasons unexplained, if Peach tries to float while in the PASS state, she'll always burn her DJ in the process. PASS lasts for 30 frames, too.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
this explains alot...

and ****it kirbstir i was expecting something with either peach bomber or brinstar featuring korean dj

Top Bottom