• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PK Fire Spam: Technique or just noobish?

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman
Ok well...right now none of my friends at school are able to defeat me, actually they don't even stand a chance, only my brother is a real challenge and we are evenly matched, but they all complain about my pk fire spamming. They get really angry, and say that it takes no skill for me to win just because I use it a lot. It really pisses me off though...asking Lucas not use pk fire is like asking Pit not to use his bow...or for Snake not use his c4...or Link not use bombs or w/e. I just don't shoot it just to be trigger happy, I use it to keep a distance and to plan out my attacks. In my opinion...it does either 3 things...
1. Push your opponent back
2. Pull in your opponent
3. Stop your opponent in attack
All three of those are vital in a match, and PK fire is perfect for all three. I use it to my advantage. If they are near the edge, I'll use it to push them off, and if I am at a distance, I'll use to keep them off the stage, then rush in to intercept their recovery. I also push them back to start combos. Eventually, after I use it so many times, they will attempt to get around it, many times just popping right in front me, giving me a chance to hit them with a ftilt or neutral air short hop, and start combo, and they walk straight into my stick. If they're the kind of opponent who is really aggressive and rushes at me, PK fire is perfect for stopping them and allowing me to turn the tide against them. Any thoughts? How do you use pk fire and do you agree with me for its uses?

GofG

Smash Champion
This is the most important part of Lucas's gameplay. It's about as noobish as shdf with marth.

Levitas

the moon
PK, you're absolutely right, as long as you're trying to play competitively. If you two are just playing for fun, and he absolutely cannot get around it, then it might be a good idea to ease up every so often for his sake.

CFaLC

Smash Cadet
I'm not so much of a fan of spamming it. The opponent may eventually learn how to break through that defense and cause some serious damage. I don't see it at noobish to use it often, though. Maybe if you were just running away and using PK fire then it'd be noobish, but as long as you combine it with other attacks to mix it up a bit, it's pretty nice. I don't know, though...If they aren't competitive smashers, then you probably wouldn't have too much trouble beating them WITHOUT PK Fire spam. I remember my friends are pretty good at Brawl, but they are nowhere near as good as I am. I can six-stock them in a seven stock match if I just play seriously.

Basically, PK Fire is one of Lucas' most important moves. i.e. Not noobish.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
If people have a problem with pk fire i say deal with it. Its not that hard to avoid if you know its coming. They can block, dodge, jump, or air dodge if they wanna. The space animals can reflect it, pit has his "sparrows" (aka spammable arrows), snake can throw grenades, link can use all 3 of his projectiles or stand still, ness can absorb it, etc. My point is everyone can deal with pk fire in their own way.

P.S. I love using pk fire to win a sudden death :)

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Nothing is "noobish" if it helps you win. You're only a noob if you get beaten for overusing moves and generally acting stupid. If anything your friends are noobish for letting you beat them with it.

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman
LOL pk fire to win sudden death is hilarious.
Speaking of funny ways to get kills, this may be off topic but I pk freezed someone at zero percent right at the edge and they just flopped over and died. I instantly stopped the match and just saved the replay cause it had to be the funniest kill I have ever gotten, lol.
But yea, I use pk fire to my advantage, I don't use it for the heck of it, PK fire is one of my most important tools in a match. You can do a lot with it but on some occasions it has been turned against me. It can be very helpful but you still have to be careful with it >.<

HRP

Smash Rookie
PK Fire is just ridiculous in Sudden Death. That and Fair are my two main killers in SD.

A_man13

Smash Master
I can't imagine PK fire spamming on Lucas; the knockback is good but takes second seat to PK thunder and PK love (Ness is a compleatly different story, being a great setup). Spamming a blaster is bad, but with your evidence it is a reliable tactic (most of the time).

And while were on the topic, I win sudden death with PK thunder. My friends question, their character dies, and I laugh.

Basara

Smash Rookie
I see uselees Pk fire spamming , the move is not that good , specially if you are against , metagay , with his ultra fast moves , you will be punished , if you use pk fire a lot..... I only use Pk fire against , heavy-slow characters like , Ike , DK etcetc , but i dont spam it , because is boring and you become predectible...........

SPAM Back-air , i love that move , the best of lucas...........:laugh:

Trozz

Smash Ace
PK Fire spam is a viable strategy. Use it to punish your opponent for being in range of it.

PCHU

Smash Lord
That's how I defeated the lv 9 Ness that kept on stompin my tail.
PK Fire is the greatest thing that ever happened to Lucas....besides the down smash.
GREAT for edgeguarding.
But I always start out a match with PK Fire, or else everything goes wrong.
Don't know why.
But without PK fire, Lucas has a hard time handling with a yoyo spamming Ness.

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman
I actually don't b stick. I've tried it, and b sticking can be really helpful with the zap jumping and wavebouncing, but I can actually wavebounce without b sticking, and I just feel a lot more comfortable with the c stick set to smashes, just my style

Top Bottom