• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PK Fire no longer activates on Shields

Eltrion

Smash Cadet
http://projectmgame.com/en/characters/ness

"PK-fire still does not activate on shields, but the bolt itself deals more damage than in previous games, making it a safer option when spaced correctly."

So? Warranted?

PK Fire probably needed a redesign, but this seriously hinders the threat Ness can pose from afar. Between this and the footstool nerf, Ness better have some interesting buffs to balance this out.

Boiko

:drshrug:
He needs the ability to safely shield pressure and he'll be high/upper tier.

QUBiX

Smash Cadet
This truly sucks, but IF pk fire is better like the devs say it is to help his neutral then I guess it's cool. Just read PK flash will be a lot smaller and more maneuverable for baits/punishes as well. Boiko you are right, if he gets the ability to safely shield pressure it will definitely benefit his character design. I guess we shall see tomorrow!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
it's a gigantic nerf IMO

i might switch mains

but i got good enough to fight with ness without using pkf very much... but only in matchups where i can actually approach.

link, m2, and marth were the main problems... but the previous two are getting nerfed to probably, soooooo

we'll see

--|====> MANIA

Smash Rookie
If his PSI magnet comes out earlier than frame 8, then I wouldn't mind a nerf on PK Fire. I kind of prefer my magnet shenanigans to my PKF shenanigans. Also if PK Fire had less lag or came out faster, then I also wouldn't mind it not activating on shields.

But like King Bee says, there's hope that they balanced out the nerf with better overall approach options.

Top Bottom