• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pizzano's Electronic Gaming - April 13th, 2013 - Winter Haven

Exdeath

Smash Master
Start times:
UMVC3, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl singles - 7:30 P.M.

Fees:
$5 door fee
$5 entry per event

Payouts will be based on the entrants, with 10% of the prize pots being reserved for the Florida Prize Pot Initiative.

Rules:

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3:

You may request Blind Pick
No turbo buttons allowed for any games
All dipswitch settings set to default when applicable
Finals are all 3 out of 5 matches
Will be played on XBOX 360
All matches are 3 out of 5
Galactus Mode is banned from tournament play
No game breaking glitches allowed
Winner keeps same starting character, but can switch order of assists
You may not use the same character twice on the same team
Random stage selection unless both players agree on a stage
All characters are tournament legal, including Jill and Shuma Gorath
If a draw occurs, the match will be replayed.

Rules:

Super Smash Bros. Melee (If there are enough entrants)

* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Master Hand is banned.
* Wobbling is banned.
* Stalling with Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned.
* Glitches such as Ice Climbers' Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are banned.
* Non-first party controllers must be inspected by TO staff before use in tourney.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Dave's Modified Rule: You cannot counter pick the stage you last won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* Player's Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this rule set if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process. In the event of a disagreement, house rules stand.
* Double Blind Character Picks: Players may elect to double blind pick their characters for the first match in case of any disputes.
* Neutral Spawn Points: Players may elect to use neutral spawn points to decide controller ports for the first match in case of any disputes.

Stage Strike from Neutrals for the first match of the set in "1221" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.

Stage List:

Neutral (Singles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counter pick (Singles)
Pokemon Stadium

Neutral (Doubles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counter pick (Doubles)
Kongo Jungle 64

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban (except in best-of-5 sets)
2. Loser chooses counter pick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character
5. Winner chooses their controller port (optional)
6. Loser chooses their controller port (optional)

Super Smash Bros. Brawl:

Rules= Stock
Stock = 3
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off

Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the finals best 3 out of 5.

This will be Apex 2013 Rules

Neutral Stages:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
-Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages:
-Delfino Plaza
-Castle Siege
-Frigate Orpheon
-Battleship Halberd
-Pokemon Stadium 1

Food Specials:

Pizzano's will be selling large one topping pizzas for $6.99 at the venue.

For any additional questions please call or text Tony Thornton at 813-966-5593.

http://www.facebook.com/events/487284448005291/?ref=2

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Whoo, I got the car insurance! Now I'm like 100% for sure going. Less my mom screws plans, I'll let her know in case :3

It is my birthday the 15th so.. hopefully she makes plan for the 14th instead... if at all. So excited.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Papa, can I braille you? For practice? I want to see how I stack up so that way I know what I'm getting into :3

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
After playing loads of matches with VinyL, I'm feeling rather confident in myself now that I see where I'm at. I heard Shaky is the "best" Ness around here. I'd love to take him on :D

I'm so ready for this. Papa, PM me your proper deets if you want to meet up. I can host here if ya want. Maybe after our friendlies or what have yous, we can play some Wii U games. Would like to get through some Nintendo Land levels with someone :3

What's the general/approximate time that the Pizzano tournaments finish at night?
Well, apparently it can end at 1AM... Which is scary for me because I live about 2 hours away from the location so I get home at 3AM. I'm going to need a good night's rest for that. This is the first tourney I've ever gone to...

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
So... what's the attendance looking like for this?
Also, can somebody guarantee housing for my car? I have no idea who it would be as I just heard about this... but assume a car of 5.

Shaky

Smash Ace
After playing loads of matches with VinyL, I'm feeling rather confident in myself now that I see where I'm at. I heard Shaky is the "best" Ness around here. I'd love to take him on :D

I'm so ready for this. Papa, PM me your proper deets if you want to meet up. I can host here if ya want. Maybe after our friendlies or what have yous, we can play some Wii U games. Would like to get through some Nintendo Land levels with someone :3

Well, apparently it can end at 1AM... Which is scary for me because I live about 2 hours away from the location so I get home at 3AM. I'm going to need a good night's rest for that. This is the first tourney I've ever gone to...
And you play Ness? Good luck.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Yos, you're definitely going? Please do. You're probably the only one I know (besides Vinyl now) that is going. Daisy got fired so money's an issue for that ho to show up :(

And I want to wreck your dirty bird too...

Exdeath

Smash Master
What's the general/approximate time that the Pizzano tournaments finish at night?
The tournament ends at 12, but people tend to hang around for an hour or so.

So... what's the attendance looking like for this?
Also, can somebody guarantee housing for my car? I have no idea who it would be as I just heard about this... but assume a car of 5.
I'll catch you on Facebook.

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
Ah man. I'm way out of the loop. Just found out this was a thing this week. I'll do everything I can to make it this time.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
yos lives in tampa not orlando and he would need approval from his parents first b4 housing ppl, pretty sure theres a bed time too so would be rough on ya anyways ;)

Crezyte

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know when the next one of these is going to be? I found out about this one too late :(

(Unless its possible to carpool with someone from the Tampa area but my attendance is a maybe at best)

Exdeath

Smash Master
Does anyone know when the next one of these is going to be? I found out about this one too late :(

(Unless its possible to carpool with someone from the Tampa area but my attendance is a maybe at best)
There is a car or two coming from Tampa. The next Pizzano's after that is 5/11. In the meantime, there is a Smashfest in Tampa on the Thursday before this tournament if you're interested.

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
Rolex and I are confirmed for this on Saturday. Get hype. Can't wait to make myself look like a jackass by rolling Wiichuck.

xHermit

Smash Cadet
NNID
EcksDee
If I'm fortunate enough to attend, this will be my first tourney since I picked up the game on day of release. Are ridiculous costumes out of the question?

Ereth

Murda Bidness
Unfortunately, it looks like Gville cannot make this one :/

Edit: Hope to see you guys up here next week though. If tampa needs housing let me know and I'll figure something out for you guys.

pesticide

Smash Lord
Boss just told me that he's gonna let me off 2 hours early today and add those 2 hours onto tomorrow's 10am-6pm work schedule so that I can run the shop while he "goes to SeaWorld" *facepalm*

Not getting off work until 8pm + 1.25 hour drive to Winter Haven = probably not gonna make it to tourney. FML

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Unfortunately, it looks like Gville cannot make this one :/

Edit: Hope to see you guys up here next week though. If tampa needs housing let me know and I'll figure something out for you guys.
Aw, my Daisy won't be coming at all.. Shame.. Welp, looks like I won't have to worry about going up against a good Marf. I hope. I can't wait for tomorrahs. I might get there a tid bit early with Vinyl. Just in case.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Daisy is Jacksonville...

Is Miami going to this?

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
Aw, my Daisy won't be coming at all.. Shame.. Welp, looks like I won't have to worry about going up against a good Marf. I hope. I can't wait for tomorrahs. I might get there a tid bit early with Vinyl. Just in case.
Don't go discounting my Ike just yet. I'm primed and ready to go today!

Top Bottom