• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Pivotboosting" Applications for Lucas?

Link_in_park

Smash Ace
I was looking around the tactics board, and I can across this thread...

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=177084

I said, "Why the hell not?", and started up my Wii and went into training mode. Of course, my main (man), Lucas, is my first test subject, and it does seem like he gets a boost from this, but I can't be sure, as my mind could just be playing tricks on me. But from what I can tell, it could be used to make an approach with certain moves, such as his jab combo and d-smash, because it gives the moves some slide if done correctly. You also get a slide from f-smash if you have cstick set to smashes, but what Lucas player does that? Of course, his f-tilt works great with this. U-smash is useless because you can get a better slide by just dashing, but this is obvious. Also, I guess if you're feeling lucky, you can use this to get just the right distance right for a d-tilt tipper trip.

Like I said, it seems to me that Lucas actually does get a boost from this, but my mind could just be playing tricks on me, so I urge you to try this out for yourself.

Also, a few minor things that have probably been discovered that probably don't deserve their own threads. Don't pay these any mind!

- Dashing backward, then dashing back toward the direction you were originally facing, then using the rope snake removes most of the lag from the move, making it less punishable if you miss. You do lose a tiny bit of range, though. I know that other characters have things like this, but for some reason, Lucas loses more lag than other tether characters.

- Using your rope snake to edgehog only gives you a very small amount of invulnerability time. However, you can drop from the ledge, jump, then use your down-special to get regular invulnerability time. It's not quite as quick, but it can get the job done.

- You can zap jump out of the respawn helicopter thing, allowing you to go extra high! :laugh:

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I just tried this out. Lucas does seem to get a boost from this. However, I really doubt I will incorporate it into my play. The distance is not enough to really be that useful and it doesn't move at a fast enough speed.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
hmmm seems odd. i am sure its useful but its seems insignificant to me.. but i'm a smash n00b. :)

Top Bottom