• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit in doubles

knepsis

Smash Rookie
What do people think of pit I'm doubles, did he do better, worse?
I think pit weird in doubles if he has a partner that can secure the kill, pit has no great way to get the kill, but plenty of ways to build up damage and set up for combos. I think dthrow to ffupair can be a great tool to allow your partner to get a smash in.
Pit is great at supporting their partner though, with arrows to combo break or to save their partners offstage, good mobility, and large disjoints he can keep his partner alive longer, and potentially set up for a kill by their partner.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
From my experience, Pit does alright in doubles, although generally I prefer to use Villager, my other main, in a 2v2 setting. Villager overall is better for my method of playing support and stock tanking.

I like that Pit can do a little bit of everything. He can sit back and support with arrows, he can go for in deep with edgeguards, and save partners with a sour spot dair . His main issue for me is that he doesn't have anything a partner can capitalize on that other characters don't offer. Maybe other people have had more success, but I found that me and my teammate had much more success when I was Villager because he complimented my friends Little Mac/Falco better.

z34_danny

Smash Rookie
I disagree with what you said about pit's ability to kill in doubles. His smashes are decent and forward throw definitely poses a threat when you and your partner have stage control and the opponents are at kill percents. When they are on the ledge, they can't really stay in sheild too long or they'd get killed. Also, his back throw combos into a lot of character's up smashes such as Cloud, Marth, Sheik, etc. This setup can definitely lead to some early kills.

Last edited:
Top Bottom