• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu vs Zelda

neji32

Smash Lord
Well i dont know what happened to the pika boards lol but i need help on this match up. i just got 3 stocked because i had no idea how to handle a zelda, she just stood there and spammed dins fire till i was dumb enough to run after her and get smashed...

PZ

Smash Lord
Spam jolts with proper spacing and use qac to move move around the fire but make sure you dont get read. You could safely fh nair her or use sh dair for spacing and for the ground game dtilt the best n ftilt is safe to use if its the regular angle. You can easily juggle her sense her aerials are bad unless sweet spotted except nair. Also be careful on the ways you di fsmash n nair for it could lead into literally anything. Be careful of up b tricks and such. Thunder is more useful against her recovery with sweespot(the big hit). Don't ever use bair...you will die if that zelda even has a hint of how to punish n di.

Roller

Smash Legend
Wait, Neji. You're from Freetucky? I did not know this. Also. Welcome back from the hiatus I assume you were on. Haven't seen you around these parts in a while.

Zelda is mad annoying with pika though. Space forward smashes. Jolt at midrange. if you can get the grab and throw her offstage she is in a really bad spot. That's all I really have... I go ICs...

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
You can't beat Zelda. She's just too good. :)

But in all seriousness, Roller's given the best advice so far. I've played a ton of Zelda vs. Pika as Zelda -- granted, a long time ago, but Zelda doesn't change much -- and mid-range Pika is her worst enemy. At long range, Din's > jolts. At short range, smashes > Pika's moves. Stay at mid-range and annoy her with **** just outside of her smashes/dtilt, and there's not much she can do since everything she does requires a lot of commitment (she's madd slow). & off-stage/recovering, she's absolutely garbage.

EDIT: tl;dr: Don't run into her smash moves and learn to shield Din's. That's really all you need to know for this MU.

PZ

Smash Lord
...Im hurt...

Anyway klo wifi? The only decent or good zelda I have ever faced in my life is fujin all others I either beat or atm I was too much of a noob at this game to do anything against spammed fsmash n usmash.

Roller

Smash Legend
To be honest. Fu and Riot are probably the only Zeldas that mean anything at all. iirc. Could be forgetting one. Judo in certain matchups when he doesn't go sheik... Pika may be one of those, idk.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Oh, I didn't mean it that way PZ! Your tips were good too for the most part, but going vs. Zelda is more about positioning than any specific tactics imo. At mid-range, you're at the perfect spot to annoy with jolts and punish whatever she does to get around them.

Also, I don't have a Wii, so no wifi. :( & I haven't played in over a year, so I wouldn't be much good to you anyways.

Riot doesn't play online much I don't think, so Fuujin (name search?) is probably your best bet for practice. Or Scary if he plays wifi.

PZ

Smash Lord
Neither play wifi much. Fuujin joke ladders and scary idk who he is on aib. Btw if your good enough to know mus zelda vs ? you should'nt be too bad with some practice.

By the 20th game you will be back to your oldself and i will be losing simple as that.

Also no problem just...yea nevermind. We cool. We kool.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
We're too fabulous for you pikas. Just give up; you'll never be as classy as us.

RaqTasmeneth

Smash Apprentice
As a Zelda I don't know the Pika matchup since I've never played a rly good one.
The ground game was covered by KayLo!, but how does Zelda's L.kick and Nair match up against Pika's Fair and Nair?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
The ground game was covered by KayLo!, but how does Zelda's L.kick and Nair match up against Pika's Fair and Nair?
Badly for her.

She won't (well she shouldn't) be intercepting aerial moves with fair/bair or nair.

Overall they're not very useful vs Pikachu because of how annoyingly short he is. lul

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Din's should, however, destroy airborne thunderjolts AND damage pikachu if you like to use that particular method of aproach/poke

Top Bottom