• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu compliments

Boondocker

Smash Ace
So I'm picking up pikachu as either a main or a secondary. What character does well against those he struggles against? Who does he struggle with the most? I'm thinking about pairing him with link, marth, roy, mk, or mewtwo. Who would be best?

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
In the current version, I would have to say to pair him with mk or m2. As with struggling, well spacies to some point, link, zelda, ummmm...that's all I can think of for the moment.

Psyant

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Psyant
DK is my main back-up character and works well if I'm against something I'd prefer to have range and grab game against. I think there's a lot to be said for using two contrasting characters, because it helps you counter other player's playstyles as well as characters.

Otherwise I think Mario might be a good secondary if you're looking to cover the matchups Pikachu struggles in. He does well against Diddy and Lucas, probably decent against Pit too. He doesn't take much time investment to play to a good standard either which is a plus when you already have a high maintenance main like Pikachu.

Last edited:

Leeroythuggin

Smash Rookie
I main MK and Pika is my developing secondary, I find Pika suffers from being as easy to K.O. as MK. But is better for gimping and edge guarding certain foes like diddy and Pit, and has better shield pressure.

On another note, I thought this was a thread for Pikachu themed compliments and I almost posted "Hey girl, are you a Pokemon, because I would love to take a Pikachu."

Top Bottom