• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu Alternative Costume Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
So I know that eventually all characters in Project M should get alternative costumes, and I was thinking of two options and wanted to see what sort of feedback they might get.

First option is the "Red Orb Pikachu" from the anime.

This is of course from the anime, in the episodes where Pikachu is possessed by the Red Orb used to call Groudon, it messes with Pikachu's mind and makes him very violent and aggressive, therefore this alt could be considered an 'Evil Costume' like Shadow Queen Peach and Dry Bowser. Plus, because there are two legendaries, Groudon and Kyogre, there could be a second alt of the glowing runes Pikachu with the runes in blue instead of red. I think this would be a simple but awesome alt, with the glowing runes and glowing, evil eyes.

Second option I was thinking of was of Pikachu as it's evolution, Raichu:

This one would require a bit more work, but all in all I don't see as being that difficult to accomplish. The body is mostly just a recolor of sorts, the only new aspects that would have to be added would be the ears and a new tail, both of which I don't think would actually effect how Pikachu plays normally (and I guess larger feet maybe?). Size wouldn't need to change either, cause let's face it, Smash Pikachu is already sized up in comparison to his actual Pokedex size. And again, a Raichu alt costume gives an option for a second alt in the form of Shiny Raichu! The only issue I see is whether the Raichu skin would retain Pikachu's voice or would a new Raichu voice need to be added, even if it's just replacing "Pi" and "Pika" with "Rai"

So there are my two suggestions, anyone have any feedback on "Red Orb Pikachu" (and "Blue Orb Pikachu") or "Raichu" (and "Shiny Raichu")? Or even another suggestion altogether for Pikachu's alternative costume?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom