• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pentakill! 5/17!! Brawl/P:M Tourney (Poinciana, FL)

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
Reminder: If you're not there at the specified time, you will NOT be permitted to enter an event. At most you've got an hour and a half time window. See the schedule section for more info.

Well it's been a while, but it's time for our second installment of

PENTAKILL!
A Smash Series

Last time we had to vacate the premises because the tournament ran overtime, and so Loser's Finals and Grand Finals were finished at my house.

Unfortunately, this time we're going to cut off events that gave us low attendance in order to make room for more setups and finish earlier. Marvel had one entrant and melee had about six.

SO The line up for this tournament is as follows:

(5 dollar door fee)
Brawl Singles - $5

Project M singles - $5

Brawl Doubles
$10 per team

Payouts:
60/30/10
100% of the pot will go back to the Players!

Rulesets
Brawl Singles - $5
Apex Rule Set

Stock timer: On at 8 minutes
Stocks: 3
Items set to "off" and "none"
Friendly fire : on
Hit ratio: 1.0

Stage List
Neutrals
Final Destination
Battlefield
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Brawl )
Smashville

Counterpicks
Battleship Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Delfino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege

BRAWL DOUBLES: $10 PER TEAM
Pretty much the same ruleset and stage list for brawl singles, however...

Life stealing is allowed

NO DOUBLE MK

Don't call out the Wombo Combo's name in vain

P:M. Singles - $5

Project M version 3.02

Stock: 4
Stock timer: 10 minutes
Items set to OFF and NONE
No turbo mode is off why would you ask that?

All stalling is banned. I'll call stalling on a 60 seconds or more rule.

All infinites are legal up to 250%

SCHEDULE:
We don't want to be longer than 8 hours, so let's get it rolling <3
Open at 11:00 am

Registration Ends, and Brawl Doubles, and PM Singles Begin at NOON that is 12:00 pm
(if you can't make that time and want to register, call BEFORE noon. Do not text, call.)

I will only extend it by half an hour if attendance appears too low. I can do no more than that, because we need to finish on time.

Brawl Singles will Start at 3pm, or when brawl doubles ends

Crew Battles will end the night if we have time.

WE NEED SETUPS!

if you bring a full setup for either brawl or PM, you will have the choice of free entry for ONE
event.

We want to continue using this venue, as it is the only one we can offer with the proper facilities and time restrictions that we require in order to run a good tournament, so we want to be in line with the rules of the area and end on time.

If you smoke, please do so outside of the tournament room and as far from the pool a possible.

FOOD WILL BE SOLD, and there is a pool that we are welcome to use until night falls

Alcoholic beverages will get us kicked off the premises. Do it outside please.

We hope to get a turnout equal to or better than last time, so spread the word:

H Y P E!!!!!!

About
I want to be able to clarify that throughout 6-7 tournaments in Poinciana's history, this has been anything but a solo effort. These tournaments were organized and made possible by 3 members of Poinciana's local E-sports crew, T3@M C1UTCH.
Collectively, we've been in competitive smash for about 5 years now, and with about 15 current members we've been able to keep the connection with our Florida Family alive through the efforts of

KDB, I xis, and myself.

We've been providing you with our unique brand of tournaments, and I'd like to thank everyone that has helped us for creating memories and bonds within the community that could potentially last a lifetime.

To clear up confusion, these events and many more to come are not ran by any one person, but was actually coordinated through the hard work of Team Clutch.

Hope this one's a day to remember

If you want to play us in crews, friendlies, or even want to join us, and live in the kissinme area, here is
Team clutch fb page:

https://facebook.com/groups/108587275882094

We'd also love it if you wanted friendlies out of town!
H Y P E !!! :happysheep::happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:

If you have questions or suggestions:

P.I.E's Cell 407 - 301 - 2205
KDB's Cell 407 - 520 - 9068

Last edited:

Din8595

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Din8595
Just to confirm google maps is giving me the right location, it's near the east coast? when I go to street view it shows an intersection.

Last edited:

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
Glad this is out now.The Momentum Shift crew plans to bring the hype again this time =I
We're definitely going to try and get some Exhibition Matches on the MS stream this time; anybody want to be featured?

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
ok I'm moving this to the 17th because of the gville tourney.

We can't allow any TVs that have button lag. I'll have every tv used tested beforehand so that we can minimize any issues that may occur during matches.

I'll add a project m stage list.
Most likely vgbc

Momentum shift crew battle?

Last edited:

Din8595

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Din8595
should an HDTV with a game mode work? I didn't know my tv had one before the last tourney.

Din8595

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Din8595
My dad just informed me im being forced to go to some church thing for my cousin in miami that day so i wouldnt be able to make it.

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
@ P.I.E. P.I.E.
This is on the 17th. Confirmed? It is hard to switch days off short notice

@ Din8595 Din8595
No, hdtvs with the game mode on still have lag. They just have less than they normally do. Just to let you know.

I want to be on stream against Jazz in a Brawl exhibition if the stream happens.

What Gainseville tourney are you all talking about? Link please.

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
@ P.I.E. P.I.E.
CRAP, P.I.E WHYYYYYYY~
Well, Din is my ride. If he can't make it, I'll have to hope that Gilgamesh is off that day so that Atlas and I can enter doubles this time.
And yeah, my crew. Momentum Shift (MS). We're hoping that crew battle happens this time, haha.

Din8595

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Din8595
Is there any way it could be pushed back a week to the 31st instead of forward so i can make it and stream/record?

Last edited:

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
@ P.I.E. P.I.E.
Short notice as in, it gets changed 1 and a half weeks before May 17th.

PM is version 3.2 now. You have it set to 3.0 in the thread.

May 31st is bad for me because Jax Runbacks is that day. I want to go to that tourney.

I'm sorry that the MS crew (me included) are being a pain to you, P.I.E.

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
Nope it's fine.

And look at the calendar I posted it three weeks and one day lmfao!

The reason I put it to the 17th is because this is the only time in the month when we'll get the most attendance. A lot of people have graduation ceremonies during the last weekend of May.

Mine is may 29th

And I have to attend one on the
31st

3.2 is fine I'll fix it. But Since you guys seem active, I'd love for you to help me spread the word.

Din, Gainesville thread wasn't up when I was looking for tournaments that conflict yet I'm told their thread was already up for quite a bit and that's what bothers me. I always check the other threads for dates so I don't conflicted yet some tourney that will kill attendance always happens on a similar day as mine v.v getting tired of this rescheduling business.
Unless you want me to bring it forward another week there is no other day to do it.

If you have ride trouble I'm sure we could setup some sort of housing

Last edited:

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
@ P.I.E. P.I.E. I'll most likely make this, thanks to Gilgamesh. And by push forward, would you mean to push it to the tenth? That's yet another inconvenient day; Gilgamesh's birthday actually falls on that day and I'm sure he's got plans. Very unfortunate, but meh =I

P.I.E., your graduation is on the 29th? Ours is on the 28th =o Early grats, my friend~!

I'll spread the word

Last edited:

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
The 17th is a great day for me, PIE.

You posted this thread far in advance. It would be hard to switch days off if you change the date last minute. That is what I meant.

And yes I will spread the word.

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
@ Nemy Nemy : Hope to see you there, man.
@ GDX GDX : I need to play you, bro!

I want to have an exhibition match against some of y'all people but since Din won't be able to make it, the stream probably won't happen. Oh well =I

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Well what do we have here? Looks like I gotta go put in work again.
Workin on getting Lakeland out to this. Been spending most of my time with melee, but I miss brawl. Just a little.
Let me know what you guys plan on doing.
I can come up there, and get you youngsters back in shape if you'd like. xD

Last edited:

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
Mm's vs my ness opennnn

Exhibition match can be recorded with a camera in a fixed position lool

Our priority is getting the brackets done, though.

Last edited:

Din8595

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Din8595
With a camera you will see all the lines constantly scrolling downward through out the whole match.

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
Better than nothing at all, though o:

Btw din if you want to use your tv invest in some hd cables for the wii. That will eliminate lag. It replaces the normal av cables

Last edited:

Din8595

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Din8595
unfortunately I still wont be able to go. and by hd cables do you mean the hdmi adapter or the cables with the like green and blue?

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
unfortunately I still wont be able to go. and by hd cables do you mean the hdmi adapter or the cables with the like green and blue?

Even if you can't go it'll let you bring it to any tourney to without complaints

They're like the red blue white cords you would normally use but it's especially made for a wiki that's going to be hooked up to an hd tv

Din8595

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Din8595
Even if you can't go it'll let you bring it to any tourney thout complaints

They're like the red blue white cords you would normally use but it's especially made for a Wii that's going to be hooked up to an hd tv
I found it. I should have it by the next tourney. Hopefully i can get it to work with the capture device I just ordered cause the cheapest one for hd cables is $45.

Last edited:
Top Bottom