• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach wavedash

Blue_Requiem

Smash Cadet
Peach's wavwdash is kinda weird. It has two different types. When I try to wavedash with peach sometimes smoke comes out, like with the other people, but other times she does a regular levitation. They both work fine but I wanted to know which is the right way to do it.

pockyD

Smash Legend
the smoke is the right way

the "regular levitation" is exactly that; you're not doing the wavedash properly and you're ground floating instead

Civy

Smash Cadet
Hmm I have the same problem >>" ...
Dunno why but I have some difficulties for wavedashing with Peach... I think it's a bit harder than the others characters.

pockyD

Smash Legend
it's because peach can't airdodge out of her float; with most characters if you mess up in your timing the way you seem to be messing up with peach (dodging too late i'm guessing) you'll be fine because you'll basically just do a quick waveland; if the jump is slow enough, it'll even still be a regular wavedash

but with peach if you dodge late she goes into her float at which point you can't dodge into the ground and are therefore stuck in the float until you land normally, etc.

Top Bottom